Sleeping Beauty

Kiss Me

[A/N: this is a very raw version of this chapter so I apologize in advance for any grammer or textual mistakes in here]

 

 

“Just once more”

 

The room was dark, so dark you wouldn’t be able to see your own hand outstretched in front of you kind of darkness. Maybe because of this it seemed as if the voice came from everywhere and no where. Up, down, left, right, down, near to his ear, behind him, in his face, up close, far far away. The boy in the middle of the room turned his head to the right from where he thought the voice came from.

 

“Brother won’t do it for me anymore…” the voice said from behind the boy, he turned around quickly and faced the voice. “You’re the only one who can do this for me.” it whispered in his left ear. He clasped his hand abruptly to cover his ear. The boy is now vaguely aware of how terrified he is of this voice.

 

Silence hanged in the room for a brief moment before a eruptive scream bellowed from below the boy’s feet, “WHY CAN’T YOU LOVE ME.”

 

Startled and in terror the boy jumped away from his spot and backed away slowly. The hair at the back of his neck slowly raised when he thumped something behind him. Another body. Without turning around he spoke out loud.

 

“What do you want me to do?”

 

Even in the darkness the boy could feel a smile spread across the person’s face behind him. Hands wraps around the boy’s torso and he is devoured by the darkness. The lights in the room turns on but no one is inside. The room is empty.

 

~~~

 

Kevin woke up to pain, not the most pleasant way for a person to wake up. His eyes was crusty and dry as he peeled them open. At first he was confused to the setting around him but it all came slowly. He’s in the hospital.

 

Although the heart monitor and oxygen tank besides his bed made tremendous beeping and rumbling noises it was oddly quiet in his room. Where is everyone?

 

He looked around the room anxiously; the room itself was mainly bare except for a few noticeable features like the plain white walls, light blue curtains pulled tightly shut and a tan lounge chair in the right side corner of the room across from a glass coffee table with a few recent released magazines laid on top. There was a familiar black jacket laying on on the arm of the lounge chair.

 

Before Kevin could put his finger on who’s jacket that was it’s owner came exiting the private bathroom inside of his room next to the door.

 

“Soohyun…” Kevin’s voice was raspy as he spoke, as if he had drank a gallon of sand straight from the safari before he spoke. It hurted just as much as it sounded.

 

“Hey rise and shine buddy.” his hyung’s voice was uplifting and casual like it was everyday but the crease in his brows gave away his distress along with his unnerving fumbling hands. Kevin quickly took note of a few flakes of dry blood on Soohyun’s knuckles but decided not to mention it. “I guess I should probably go wake up Dongho and his crazy umma now, “ he walked across the room to the door and stopped, pausing for a moment before turning around and met Kevin’s eyes. “We've been waiting for you.” He smiled and turned to leave.

 

“Hyung.”

 

“Nae?” he still had his back faced to him.

 

“How long…” Kevin looked down at his body, for the most part he had all sorts of tubes sticking inside of him from his lower abdomen to his nostrils, most of the bruising on his chest has healed which means that quite some time has passed since he got injured. The question was how long?

 

Kevin gulped, his throat feeling drier than ever. “How long was a asleep?”

 

Soohyun still had his back faced to him but the tenseness in his shoulders gave out as he answered his question.

“A month.”

 

~~~

“You can go in you know.”

 

Eli looked up from the hospital cafeteria shiny tile floors to the man sitting across the table. If he didn’t know any better he never would've thought this man is a lawyer, his usual uptight formal wear was stripped away to regular black dress pants and a two down ed white collar shirt. His hair was stylishly undone and messy but somehow managed to look god like unlike his own unwashed, untrimmed, and combed hair. Eli surely thought he looked like a bum right now.

 

“Hey Nichkhun.”

 

The two both stared at each other for several moments before Nichkhun both the silence with an agitated sigh and crossed his arms, leaning back in his chair sternly.

 

“Stop being stupid and just go see him.”

 

Eli was surprised by the other’s blunt words but not as much by his own fear of facing his boyfriend. If they were still even considered that. Things got confusing.

 

He looked away. “I can’t.”  

 

“Of course you can. Eli.” Nichkhun hesitantly touches the back of Eli’s hand on the table but one he felt the warmth of his skin he held on firmly. “He needs you. Go see him.”

 

“I’m afraid.”

 

“So is he. Be there for him.”

 

After what seems like hours Eli abruptly stands up and half jogs down the hall to the private hospital rooms.

 

~~~

 

    Kevin was nearly knocked off of his bed when a younger boy came running through the door and jumped onto him in a hugging embrace, his face buried in the nape of Kevin’s neck as warm tears spilled out to create a little pool on his collar bone. He couldn’t help but chuckle happily at the cutely sight of his dongsae crying like a baby in front of him.

 

    “Wow there Dongho it’s okay. I’m okay.” Kevin gently the younger’s head and hugs him back, giving a little smile to the girl a few feet away from them.

 

    “Yah Kevin Woo you nearly gave me a heart attack, do you know how much money you owe me? How in the world are you suppose to owe me them back if you die. Damn right it’s about time you wake up.” Tiffany not-so-lightly punches Kevin on his arm, his arm with the most needles in it.

 

    Kevin winces but smiles back. “I”m glad to be back.”

 

    “Aish! Dongho get off of him, he’s already injured, we don’t need you breaking anymore of his ribs here!”

 

    “I missed you so much Hyung! I thought you were never going to wake up.. I..” Dongho pulled away to look at Kevin’s face but quickly pulled back to his chest and bawled his eyes out, mumbling through tears. “I tried to let umma to allow me to visit you everyday during visiting hours but she was being a mean and wouldn’t let me so I visited twice a week during school days and every weekend.”

 

    Kevin smiled sweetly down at his dongsae, it pained him that he caused this much tears to swell up in this boy. “I’m sorry for worrying you Dongho. You must of been pretty bored without me to hang out with huh? Having just the devil siblings as company all month must of drove you insane!” he tried to joke with the younger who finally pulled away from him and was sitting at the edge of his bed, wiping the rest of his tears away.

 

    Soohyun has just came into the room and pointed at his sister. “By devil you mean her right?” to this Tiffany slapped his hand away and made a face at him.

 

    Dongho shook his head. “No it wasn’t exactly crazy. Just boring with all of the lawyers coming to our house.”

 

    Everyone became silent.

 

    “What?” Dongho looked at everyone’s faces. “Was I not suppose to tell him? We’re gonna have to sooner or later.”

 

    “What lawyers?” Kevin asked unsurely.

 

    With one short glance at her brother and a flash of concern between the two Tiffany came to sit down behind Dongho on Kevin’s bedside. She cleared his throat quietly and spoke sensitively.

 

    “Alot of things happened in one month Kevin.” she began, paused then started again. “When they, the ambulance and police found you… no I mean the investigators…” her eyebrows compressed and she bit her lip in hesitant in how to deliver the news. “This is for the best Kevin.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Kevin couldn’t understand what Tiffany was telling him, he didn’t understand why it seemed so hard for her to tell him what’s going on. And why was Dongho and Soohyun not meeting his eyes when he looked up at them for an explanation. “What do you mean by this is for the best? Tiffany--”

 

“You can’t change what happened. We understand what you were trying to do but we made our decision as well. It’s for the best--” Tiffany was shaking her head slowly as she spoke and her hand laid gently on top of Kevin’s needled one.

 

“I don’t understand what you’re saying--”

 

“He chose this path and it’s no one’s choice but his own--” she began to rub her thumb smoothly across his hand and looked down.

 

“Who? Who made what decision? What’s going on Tiffany?”

 

“Please don’t freak out Kev--”

 

“I’M NOT FREAKING OUT IF YOU WOULD JUST TELL ME WHAT’ S GOING ON.” Kevin practically screamed this and he felt of gut punching pain go through him as he did so, he clutched the left side of his stomach where a large piece of metal was removed from him during surgery. There was already a washed out pink line in it’s place forming.

 

He looked up Dongho who met his eyes then Soohyun’s and lastly Tiffany. Her face was grim.

 

“He’s being sent to prison.”

 

Kevin stared blankly at her, he still couldn’t understand.

 

“Who?”

 

“Kiseop.”

 

Kevin fell silent, his flickering towards each of them, searching for yet another explanation that didn't’ come.

 

“W-what?... why?... why is he being sent to… I don’t understand. I’ve been unconscious in this hospital bed for a month and now my cousin is being sent to prison..” he stared into the distant is disbelief.

 

“Listen Kevin that’s not important right now.” Soohyun says, stepping to his view.

 

“Not important.. how could you say that..” Kevin said in a whisper mainly to himself.

 

“Just focus on getting better. Heal your wounds, mend your body, do whatever you can. That’s all that matters right now. Everything else that is going on is just gray space. Don’t worry about them okay Kevin?”

 

“You’re not making any sense… how am I suppose to just focus on getting better when I just woke up and you’re all telling me things makes no sense.” Kevin remarks.

 

“Trust me Kevin.” they both held each other’s eyes for moment then Soohyun walked back to the door to leave. “When this is over I’ll explain everything to you. Get well soon.” and he left.

 

Kevin looks at Tiffany and Dongho. “What. Is one of you going to throw a smoke bomb here and poof on out of my room. If there’s nothing else to saw you can leave now.” his mood has dramatically turned sour within the last couple of minutes of him being awake due to the this perplexing situation that he was in and no one seemed to want to explain to him what it was all about.

 

“I’ll come back tomorrow Kevin.” was all that Tiffany said before she followed her brother out of the door.

 

Dongho glances at his umma’s back as she left and then to Kevin. “Hyung I need to go back to school now but I’ll come visit again tomorrow when you’re released from the hospital. The doctors said you should be healthy enough to go back home and rest there so I’ll help you move in. Okay Hyung?”

 

Kevin ruffles his hair glad that there was at least one ally here with him today.

 

“Okay see you tomorrow.”

 

Once Dongho left Kevin realized how quiet it actually was in his room. Besides the machines tracking his heart and injuries there was no other noise in his room. He wished he at least had a TV in there but it seemed like only the one at the lounge area was available for patients.

 

A minutes later Kevin was uncomfortably strolling down unfamiliar hallways of the hospital. He had no clue where we was going but after reading a few signs he managed get himself past the waiting room and into the elevator.

 

When the lift went down an unpleasant dropping pit feeling in his stomach made him nauseous along with the fact that he hadn’t walked in a month so his legs was highly unstable. Lucky since he was in a hospital people was limping around everywhere so he wasn’t out of place.  

 

Kevin wanted to go out into the hospital’s garden but he couldn’t seem to make sense of the map. After a few more wrong turns down a hallway and ending up at the opposite section of the hospital where he wanted to be he dumped himself down on a chair next to a vending machine to rest his poor shaky legs. He almost regretted he even left his room to begin with because not only is his legs sore but he’s lost and can’t find his way back.

 

But he was thankful to be away from his room. Today has been a strange day full of strange places, explains talks, and questionable looks from Seohyun and Tiffany. All Kevin wanted to do now was ironically sleep so he peacefully closed his eyes.

“Kevin?” that voice is very familiar.

 

“Eli?” Kevin asked even before he opened his eyes to see the ragged man in front of him. It would be an understatement to say he looked like hell. He almost seemed unrecognizable as the Eli Kevin remembers. His hair is tossed and turned in every direction imaginable, he seemed to have lost weight due to the way his clothes hung on him as if they were hanging on for dear life in danger of falling off his body. His once bright face has turned dull and almost gray toned with black circles underneath his eyes to compliment. Not to mention he had small stumbles of hair growing around his face which made Kevin wonder when was the last time he shaved.

 

But nonetheless it was Eli. Kevin’s Eli.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Eli chuckled at this. “What am I doing here? Just strolling around I guess.” he smiled at Kevin and he can’t help but smile back although he was bothered by the fact that even Eli wouldn’t tell him what he was actually doing. Everyone seemed to be keeping secrets today.

 

“Do you want to sit?” Kevin asked timidly, gesturing towards the chair next to him. It felt as if he was meeting Eli for the first time all over again.

 

“No it’s okay I was about to leave anyways.” Eli’s eyes met Kevin’s and they held it there. It certainly wasn’t the reunion they were both imaging, instead of tears and kisses it was silence and awkwardness. Could a couple even be this more awkwards Kevin though as he clutches his right side, feeling discomfort against his bandage.  

 

“Well I have to go.” Kevin says, slowly rising up but tumbles and catches himself before he could fall. He takes a step forward and misjudges the strength in his legs, loses his balance and falls for real this time.

 

Eli quickly catches him, Kevin’s arms wrapped tightly around Eli’s torso and being this close he can tell that Eli has in fact lost a lot of weight. Blood rushes to Kevin’s cheeks and flushes his ears red as he breathes in the intoxicating scent of familiarity that only belongs to Eli. He could practically hear his heart beat.

 

“Whoa there. Careful.” Eli helped Kevin stand up straight and keeps a steady hand on his shoulder just in case he falls again. “Do you need help heading back to your room?”

 

Kevin wanted to say no but the exact opposite came out instead. “Yes.”

 

With that in one swift motion he pulled Kevin onto his back into a piggyback and began walking down the hall.

 

“Yah I can walk.” Kevin argued, feeling extremely embarrassed by all this. He hid his face behind Eli’s shoulder.

 

“Yeah and have you pancaked on the hospital floor? Nope, not a chance.” They got into the elevator and even then Eli didn’t let Kevin go. They walked down the maze of the gigantic hospital together until they were in the section of where Kevin’s room was. During the whole time neither spoke.

 

They reached the hallway of Kevin’s room and he is very aware that Eli begins to walk slower. He also notices that he knew where his room was without having to be told or ask another nurse for help which means that he knows where his room is. He wonders if he visited him when he was still unconscious. The thought makes his ears flush red even more than it already was. Being this close to Eli in such a long time was a haven but he also felt a tug of pain as an invisible restriction stopped him from doing anything further. His boyfriend is this close to him and he can’t even do anything. Well, if they were still considered boyfriends that is. The thought made Kevin sad.

 

They’re two doors away from Kevin’s room.

 

“Hey Kevin.” Eli said so quietly Kevin almost didn’t hear him if it wasn’t for the fact that he was literally right next to his face.

 

“Yes?” that one word hung in the air for what seemed like minutes and stretched on into a mile as Kevin waited for what Eli was about to say though he had a vague sense of what it was already.

 

They’re nearing Kevin’s door now. Just one more door ahead of them.

 

Kevin’s heart races and he’s pretty sure Eli could hear it also. His mouth dry and the pain in his stomach still there.

 

They’re in front of Kevin’s door now.

 

“Eli.”

 

 

 

 

“Let’s break up”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

wow has it really been this long since I've last updated/been on AFF here?? my my time sure flies, I thank you all sooooo much for being patient in waiting for my updates. I've been on HIATUS since last school year at around March though I did keep tabs on AFF. I just never posted anything until today. I guess you can call this my COMEBACK stage ahahahah

 

anyways thank you so much new and old subs I love you all dearly! I hope you guys had a festive Halloween for those who celebrated it and that you are enjoying this beautiful fall season though I know most of the leaves have already fallen.

 

I'll be back on track on my old regular schedule of updating about once every 2 weeks though it may not be for this story exactly. I may choose update a different story so I hope you understand. 

 

I also feel like I owe you guys some sort of explainaton for my long absence so if you are interested you can just read my lastest blog post here >> http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/962512 [WARNING: it's not a happy one]

 

LIke always thank you thank you for your views 

and if you likey this story please subscribe~~!

 

P.S - can we just take a moment here to fully awe over how FREAKING HAWT KEVIN LOOKS IN THAT GIF UP THERE XD LIKE HOT DAMNS if he ever wakes up next to me lookin like that I would just die!! 

 

P.S.S - how are you guys liking the story so far? I sort of lost track of the story line honestly since I would just write whater seemed fit each chapter, not much for thought into this story which is why I question why it got so many subs... (>_<) and do you guys like the new format of this chapter or should i I just stick with the old one? please do tell me which is better so I can improve next time! :D