Truth Or Dare

Kiss Me

[proofread & edited]

 

"Sorry for not telling you beforehand that we were coming Hyung." Dongho apologized in a sweet childlike voice as he was setting cups on the coffee table in front of the TV in the living room. "We called you but you didn't answer your phone." 

 

Kevin set a big pitcher of ice tea on the table and went back to the kitchen to get their takeout dinner. With finals drawing closer and closer, he found himself have less and less time to actually cook at home so he went for the next best thing, take out. Tonight’s menu was Chinese, a full course of egg rolls, fried rice, orange chicken, friend dumplings and Eli’s favorite, chow mein.

“Hey Dongho, we’re missing a pair of chop sticks, would you mind going into the kitchen and get me another pair.” Soohyun asked Dongho who left eagerly.

As soon as Dongho was out of sight, Soohyun came closer to Eli and whispered to him. “So how’s your pants Eli?”

Eli stared at him wide eyed, this made Soohyun laugh out loud hysterically.

“Stop it Soohyun, they’ll hear you!” Eli hissed, his hands frantically trying to cover Soohyun’s obnoxious laughter.

“Oh will you stop, I was just joking.” Soohyun pushed aside Eli’s hands and wiped the small streaks of tears from his eyes.

“Not funny Hyung.” Eli shot a glare at Soohyun who was un-phased by it.

“It so is funny. I bet you would be laughing too if I lost my boxers at a birthday party.”

 

Soohyun punched Eli in the arm as they exited the café after being thrown out. Apparently attacking someone in a restaurant was not something to be accepted in a café.

“That’s what you get for freakin attacking me in a public café!”

“And that’s what you get for pulling out my boxers in a public café!” Eli punched Soohyun back on the arm, “What the hell where you thinking?!”

“I don’t know, did I mention I’m still kind of hung over?” Soohyun chuckled, finding it funny compared to Eli was just looked out right furious.

“Would you mind explaining why you have my boxers now?”

“I found it in my house this morning when I was cleaning duh.”

“And why was it in your house?”

“How would I know that Eli, it’s your boxers, mind explaining to me why your boxers was in my house?”

Eli stayed silent, he was trying to recall what exactly he did last night at Soohyun’s party but every time he tired, he couldn’t remember a thing.

Just something about… lingering touches… a slim waist… soft hairs running through his fingers… lips… kisses… all over his body… and… and… teeth marks?

“Listen Eli, it doesn’t take a genius to figure this out so I’ll just leave it to you to find out yourself. Here take you um… boxers back.” They had arrived in front of Eli’s apartment and was standing in front of the complex door. A small red car was parked in the front, meaning Kevin was already home from morning classes. Soohyun handed Eli his boxers.

Eli awkwardly took it back, feeling quite strange to be accepting boxers in front of his apartment in public, even if it was his own boxers.

“Thanks… I guess.” Something sticky was touching Eli’s hand when he reached for the boxers, peering down at the sticky substance on the fabric, his eyes widen again for the second time that morning.

There was a white sticky fluid stuck at the crotch of the boxers.

.

Did I… at the party… the touches… kisses… a girl?... a girl… A GIRL… did I… did I have a one night sta-

“Oh here’s Kevin’s boxers too.” Soohyun handed a similar pattered boxer to Eli who flinched when the fabric touched his hand.

“W-what?...”

“Yeah, I guess you weren’t the only one who lost their pants at my party. I found yours and Kevin’s under a blanket on a bed in one of my guest bedroom.” Soohyun felt a vibration of his phone and took it out, checking his message. “Well I gotta go now, later Eli.”

Eli was left in shock, standing alone in front of his apartment with two boxers in his hand.

Soft lingering touches… whispers… caressing hands… slim waist… kisses all over my body.

Eli stared down at the two boxers in his hands.

Whispers… legs wrapped around my waist… kisses…

Eli looked up and at the red car parked a few feet in front of him and then to light shining from his apartment living room window.

Kevin.

….

Crap.

 

“Well Kevin probably needs some help in the kitchen. I’m gonna go help him.” Soohyun left Eli and went to the kitchen to help Kevin and Dongho.

Eli wanted to run in after him, grab by the throat and shake him till his brains turned to pudding but he held his tongue so he couldn't explode into curses in every single language he knew of. Instead, he sat down on the couch and waited for everyone.

 

"This is amazing Hyung!" Dongho complimented with a big smile on his face as he stuffed his mouth full of white rice and orange chicken.

"Thanks Dongho, it's my special recipe. Take out." Kevin replied back with a smile, petting Dongho's hair like he used to when he would praise Dongho in high school for his good grades and efforts.

Eli couldn't help but look at Kevin every time he spoke, he eyes constantly drawing towards those lips.

The lips he’s kissed.

His hand unconsciously went on his neck, his fingertips softly brushing pass his "bruises" and lingered there for a second as his eyes flickered towards Kevin's, then trailed down to his own bruise.

Did I give you that Kevin?

"Ahhhemm."

Eli turned and saw Soohyun looking straight at him with an amused face expression.

Greattt!! He saw me looking at Kevin!!! Eli screamed in his head. He quickly took his hand away from his "bruises" and blushed deeply at being caught staring at Kevin.

"So, do you guys wanna play a game?" Soohyun chirped up after everyone was finished eating.

"Yeah sure, what games do you want to play?" Kevin asked as he stacked their dirty plate’s one top of one another.

"Well..." Soohyun gave Eli an evil smile before turned back to Kevin. "I was thinking... truth or dare."

"Ohhhh I love that game, let's play it Hyung!!" Dongho exclaimed in excitement.

"Ok let’s start then, hmm... let’s see, oh! Eli why won't you start. Truth or dare?" Soohyun smiled and turned to face Eli.

Eli didn't have a good feeling about this but he seemed to have to no choice. "Truth." he answered.

"Hmm... who was your first kiss?" Soohyun asked as he intensely eyed Eli.

"A girl in my 1st year of high school." Eli replied back easily.

"Aaaiiissh you're no fun! Okay okay easy enough, Kevin your turn. Truth or Dare?" Soohyun said in disappointment by Eli's answer.

"Umm.. Truth."

Soohyun smiled. "Who was your first kiss?"

Kevin's eyes got bigger and his cheeks tingled of a rosy pink which quickly spreaded to his whole face, his hands twiddling in his lap.

"Yyyaahh you can't ask the same question twice!" Kevin argued as the rest of his face soon turned almost as red as the red t-shirt he was wearing at the moment. "And... and that's too personal.."

"Hey come one, we’re all been friends here since the like 2nd grade, Eli answered the question, why can't you? Or.. Or is it that you haven't had your first kiss yet?! Gasp!!" Soohyun pointed at Kevin and exaggerated an astonished face.

"What! No, no! I... I did have my first kiss already but.. b-but I don't want to say who...” Kevin answered shyly.

"Fine, if you can't answer this question then at least do dare instead." Soohyun insisted.

Relieved by this quick save, Kevin sighed a breathe of relief, "Ok fine, dare."

Soohyun's smile got bigger (if possible).

"I dare you to kiss Eli."

Both Eli and Kevin sat shocked.

"WHAT!!!!!" they both yelled out at the same time.

“What do you mean what? AND NO YELLING AT YOUR HYUNG!” the Hyung yelled back.

“But.. but you can’t..”

“I can if I want and I did.” Soohyun sassed back at the flabbergasted Kevin.

"It's okay Hyung, it’s just a game right?." Dongho gently touched the sleeve of Kevin’s sweater, asking innocently as he was looking at all of them.

"B-but..." Kevin said weakly.

"We all used to kiss when we were kids. Bboe booe" Dongho said back softly, looking at Kevin.

"Ye-yeah.... but we were kids!!! We're adults now!!" Kevin cried out.

"Come one Kevin, just one kiss won't kill you. It's just a game right?" Soohyun looks at Kevin suspiciously, egging him on.

It's just a game Kevin... Kevin thought to himself as glanced at Eli who arched his eyebrow at him, although managing to look completely calm on the outside, he was freaking out. Eli scooted closer to Kevin and they momentarily exchanged a game of chicken necks [A/N: for those who aren’t aware, it’s the game of moving your head back and forth in awkward stiff moments resembling much like a chicken, a game most commonly used between couples during their first kiss or by actual chickens] before he slowly leaned in closer to Kevin.

Eli's heart stopped in its tracks as soon he got as close as he could manage without actually kissing Kevin.

Kevin's... he's really gonna kiss me?

Kevin leaned in closer… and closer… and… pecked him quickly on the cheek.

"HEyyy that doesn't count!!! A kiss is supposed to be on the lips!" Dongho cried out with Soohyun bursting out laughing behind him, rolling all over the floor.

What?!?! What is wrong with you kid!! Thought Eli as he pulled away from Kevin and tried to hide his pink face with his hand.

"Ohhh well look at the time, gotta go home now bye!" Soohyun suddenly got up and pulled Dongho with him as he rushed through the door.

"Wait Soohyun Hyung!!" Eli ran after him just as he walked out the door.

"Eli, listen to me carefully... finish the dare okay, you'll be surprised by how things turn out. Kevin, he’s." Soohyun paused for a second. “He’s very good at lying.” Right before he was about to dart out of the door, Soohyun quickly turned around, “Oh and you might wanna return Kevin’s boxer to him, I’m sure he um… wants that back. Bye!” Soohyun dashed out of the door before Eli had time to say bye or anything else back to him, tugging a complaining Dongho along the way.

"Hey Hyung, I wanted to stay longer!"

"Hush, let’s just leave them alone to... figure things out." Soohyun chuckled as he walked out of the apartment.

 

Eli stood there at the door way.

"Eli, did they leave already?"

Eli turned around and saw Kevin standing in the living room, cleaning up the leftover garbage.

".... finish the dare okay, you'll be surprised by how things turn out."  Soohyun's words echo inside of Eli's head.

“Um… Yes, Soohyun and Dongho left.”

“Why did they leave so fast, they didn’t get to take home any leftover dumpling Dongho loves.” Kevin frowned at the thought of the leftover food. “Hey, would you mind helping me clean up, those two just ate our food and left so quickly that they forgot that they left a huge mess in our living room!”

What is that supposed to mean… how things will turn out? Wondered Eli, his brain only half listening to what Kevin just told him.

“Sure.” Eli closed the front door and went to the kitchen to help Kevin clean.

As they were cleaning, Eli noticed that the back of Kevin’s neck was flustered and his eyes pink, his hands were also softly trembling as he wiped the coffee table.

"Kevin…" Eli called in a small voice.

"Mhm neh?" 

"Who was your first kiss?"

Kevin stopped what he was doing and froze.

"Wh-why.. why would you ask such a thing Eli?" Kevin said, his voice uneven.

"It's just... I want to know." Eli hesitated at first but he moved closer to Kevin. He didn't know why but he suddenly wanted to know... he wanted to know… who kissed Kevin first.

"I.. I um..."

Eli moved closer to Kevin, when Kevin didn’t move, Eli got closer. Their faces just inches apart.

Eli was about to move closer when Kevin suddenly pushed him away from him.

 

Kevin held his hand to his flushed red face as he ran to the kitchen. He lets out a small cry as he stands there by the sink drowned by embarrassment. 

Why.... why did you have to ask me such a question.... you know the answer....

Kevin was near the verge of crying when he heard a soft voice from behind him.

“Kevin.”

He froze, his back towards the voice.

Don't come here... please, please, please, just leave me alone begged Kevin, his eyes tightly shut.

Kevin felt a familiar strong yet gentle hand turn him around and he looks up to see Eli standing in front of him.

"Eli..."

Kevin's heart stopped when Eli's hand reached for his face.

"Kevin." Eli whispers, his diligent finger softly wiping a tear away from his eyes, his face creased with worry and inches apart from Kevin’s. “Why are you crying?”

It wasn’t like this scene wasn’t familiar, the feel of Eli’s warmth, the beautiful drug like addicting sweet scent of his cologne, his breathe on Kevin’s skin, his eyes making perfect connection to his own, so close.

This scene, all of it, they’ve done this multiple of times before. Whenever Kevin had broken down and was at the lowest part of his life, Eli was always there to pick him up. To chase after him, wipe his tears, comfort him. Because that’s what’s friends do.

But unknowing to Eli, every time he chased after Kevin, held him, comforted him, wiped his tears. Kevin hated it. He didn’t want him to chase after him, to hold him, to tell him everything’s okay. Because that’s what friends do.

And Kevin didn’t want to be just friends.

Not since he realized.

Kevin gripped on the sleeves of Eli’s sweater and pulled him closer, his lips millimeters away from his own.

Softly closing his eyes, Kevin whispered against Eli’s lips softly.

"Kiss me." 

How much he loved Eli.

 

[Flash back to the party]

"Eli..." Kevin moaned when Eli touched a sensitive part at the back of his neck. The touch set shivers down Kevin's back.

Kevin sat on top of the kitchen counter, his back pressing deep into a cabinet as Eli pressing closer to him. Kevin could feel Eli's hard muscular chest pressing up against his own.

"Eli... stop... you're drunk...” Kevin managed to utter a few words at a time as Eli ran his hand across Kevin's bare shoulders. He’d long tossed off Kevin’s cardigan off of him as soon as he’d seen Kevin standing alone in the kitchen and took the opportunity to attack him.

"Why?" Eli asked in a seductive husky voice, running his hand down Kevin's back once again.

"People... are watching...” Kevin said in a small voice. His breathing was becoming uneven and he couldn't see straight. All he could see, hear, smell, touch was Eli.

It was a lie though. The party was packed with people, most of which who was drunk. There were a couple of people who walked past the kitchen and saw Eli and Kevin and looked at them but they were either too drunk to care or just thought they were lovers.

"I don't see anyone...” Eli whispered into Kevin's ear. "And if it's privacy you want, we can go into a room."

"Eli... you're really really drunk right now... Please stop...” Eli ran his hand down Kevin's thigh and he had to bite his lips from ... "Let's go home... please... you're drunk I can get Soohyun Hyung to drive us...” Kevin practically begged as a few tears slipped from his eyes.

Kevin was also a bit drunk but not drunk enough to forget that night. Kevin will remember everything that happened when he woke up the next day.

"Kevin...” Eli held Kevin firmly on the counter and leaned in closer to him, Kevin's back pressing painfully deep into the cabinet behind him. Eli had his lips on Kevin's neck, his lips lightly brushing Kevin's bare hot skin. "Kiss me..."

[End of flashback]

 

Kevin stared into Eli's eyes.

... Do you… do you remember?

Kevin didn't think.

He just leaned in closer to Eli and closed the gap between them... and kissed Eli.