Second Chances

Lying to Forget

 

There was just one left, one person, one soul, one to know and he just happened to be the one. He was the Kim Myungsoo, the Myungsoo who I had loved, the Myungsoo who didn't remember his feelings for me, the Myungsoo who was naive and stupid and weird, but who was born to be with me, like I was born to be with him. (And it was so so unfair.)

 

Of course, Sungjong wanted me to tell him as well. So he sent me there, brutally, and there I was, in front of the door numbered as 23, and it was full of memories and I didn't want to go in (because my memories – almost all of them – were back).

 

I knocked, and my whole body was shaking, and my heart was shaking as well.

 

Myungsoo opened, and he looked happy, but I looked shocked and Sungjong looked arrogant, because of course he followed me there. Of course he wanted to be there when I was about to make a fool out of myself.

 

”Hey, Myungsoo,” I said, and it sounded rather fake than it sounded happy, like the smile on Myungsoo's face.

 

”Are you okay?” Myungsoo asked, and I got sick because hey, it was the first damn thing he said to me, so I probably looked like .

 

”Yeah, I'm fine,” I said, and looked at him with a fake smile which I noticed was fake, and probably looked as fake as it was.

 

”Ah, okay. You just look weird, that's all.”

 

I nodded, and it was awkward.

 

”Hey, Myungsoo, listen. I have something to tell you, and it will take some time. Can I come in?” I didn't even notice, but I was starting to show a really weird side of me, and Myungsoo looked confused.

 

”Of course, why are you even asking, stupid,” he said and laughed, and it was happy, but confused.

 

It was almost amusing how nervous I was.

 

Almost, that is.

 

-

 

”What did you want to tell me again?” Myungsoo asked, and he was sitting in front of me, because we always sat in the kitchen. I was troubled, but I decided to be confident, like I was before.

 

”Well, uhm.”

 

”Just tell me, it's fine.”

 

I looked at him, and his eyes were soft and calming, and suddenly I gained some strenght.

 

”I should probably start from the start, then.”

 

He looked amused.

 

”Well, you know, we are living here and all, and we're friends.” Myungsoo looked like he was about to laugh or cry, and I wasn't confident at all. ”But–”

 

”Sungyeol.”

 

I looked at him, because he just said my name like he said when we were together, when we were fifteen and we were stupid but when we liked each other.

 

”I should probably start, you know.”

 

”W-what?” Why should he start? I was the one who had been lying here, I was the one who had some serious explaining to do, not him.

 

”I remember.”

 

He stood up, then, and he came closer to me. I stood up too, maybe because I was shocked or just because I didn't know what else to do. And of course, I didn't understand.

 

”You remember...?” I didn't get his words, but I had a guess and I was scared. Heck, I was panicking and Sungjong looked as shocked as I did.

 

”When they did that to us, you thought you were the only one. But Sungyeol, they didn't do anything. There is no such a thing as removing feelings. They played us.”

 

I had no emotion, I had no reaction, I had no heart and I had no anything.

 

I just stared.

 

”Sungyeol...”

 

”W-what are you t-talking about, Myungsoo?”

 

Myungsoo sighed, but I didn't want him to. I wanted him to go, to leave, and then I wanted to cry with Sungjong because he had known it all along. He never forgot his feelings either.

 

How unfair was that?

 

Was it really that easy to him?

 

”Sungyeol, don't panic. They had something on me. Something on me and you, and I had no other option than to follow their lead, and act that I forgot my feelings.”

 

I didn't know how to form words anymore.

 

”They were about to kill you.”

 

Well, they almost did.

 

”Then I heard that they were doing it anyway, and I was about tell you everything, but then there was the party and then you almost died. And everyone said I needed to leave you alone for awhile, and I didn't know what to do, okay?”

 

”I'm sorry, Sungyeol. I know everything. You went back in time. I know it all.”

 

”I don't what to say, Myungsoo.” I wasn't shocked anymore. I was almost angry.

 

”Don't say anything. I will give you time, because I do love you. I know that you probably don't remember me fully, which makes it very hard for you to love me too, but I'm ready to wait, because this is your second chance to live, right? We can be together then, right?”


”M-Myungsoo.”

 

”Don't say anything! I don't want to hear anything that will crush this.”

 

Suddenly, everything seemed clear and dark to me at the same time.

 

What did second chance mean?

 

Was it about letting me live, or letting me fix my life before dying?

 

It clicked, and I got it.

 

And when looking at Sungjong, I was pretty sure I got it right.

 

But then I just smiled. ”I love you too, Myungsoo. I don't need time.”

 

Myungsoo's eyes were shining all over, but my soul, my soul was almost black.

 

I'm going to die.

 

But at least, I was going to live my life like I would've wanted to live it before.

 

 


a/n: hi guys. I'm so sorry for not updating, but I had that vacation thing and when I came back, I went almost straight to semi-hiatus. And why? Because I wanted to write everything and then update. I'm almost done with this fanfic, and then I will leave this account (I'm not going to delete anything, okay). If you're interested about my new account, you can ask (but I'm done with long stories, because I like writing dark oneshots more). And about the chapter, if you didn't figure, it kind of released everything. I'm sorry guys. I'm bad at writing happy things (don't remind me of the JongKey I wrote once, I just want to vomit okay) Anyways, this fic will have 19 chapters and an epilogue. It makes four chapters to be published, and that means four updates. I will be fast with this. Hope you guys liked the chapter, and next chapter will be MyungYeol, promise! (once I promised a happy ending, but the ending will be kind of happy. depends how you describe that word)

 

- love, sky