Back to the Before

Lying to Forget

 

”Wake up, Sungyeol! If you ever want to get anything done in here, you need to work for it!”

 

I opened my eyes immediately. I almost jumped to sit, looking around like the most foolish person on earth. I looked at Sunggyu. I was no longer in the hospital room.

 

My room.

 

”W-what?” I asked, confused. Wasn't I a patient anymore?

 

”The rehearsal starts in fifteen freaking minutes! Howon is going to drag you there anyway, couldn't you just get up on your own even once?” Sunggyu asked, looking at me with frustrated eyes.

 

I had no clue of what was happening at the moment. I looked around, still confused. I wanted Sunggyu out of the room, and I wanted to think about what the hell was going on. Did something happen? Last thing I remembered was the unbelievable pain at the hospital room, and hearing Sungjong's voice in my head – oh, and him saying that I was supposed to be dead.

 

”I-I'll be coming, just a second,” I said fastly, trying to rewind my life in my mind. I still didn't remember Howon, or any other people but Sunggyu and myself. I also remembered the guy from my dream, but I had no other memories of him. And Sungjong of course, though he didn't exist.

 

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. Sungjong who didn't exist. How did I end up like this? Was this even possible, this messed up life?

 

Sunggyu nodded, and left the room.

 

I wanted to scream, and suddenly I noticed that I was completely unhurt. I could've screamed – it didn't hurt, or felt weird in any kind of way.

 

”Look at the date.”

 

I flinched a little, and my throat made a weird, surprised noise. I turned around to see the person who was talking, though I already knew who it was. Sungjong.

 

”Is this a dream?” I asked, trying to think straight. ”Very realistic dream this time,” I said as I laughed. I looked at Sungjong who walked to me. For a moment I didn't even understand that he walked through my dresser, and then sat to my bed. First he almost fell to the ground through the freaking bed, but then he did something amazingly weird, and managed to sit on it. And then he smiled. He freaking smiled.

 

I looked at him with wide eyes. He laughed, and was about to tap my shoulder. But he failed once again, and his hand went through my freaking body. I didn't feel a thing, but I saw what was happening. It was enough for me to believe. ”No, it's not supposed to work this way!” He was doing something that I didn't understand, probably beating his own hand and body, until he tried the simple movement again. This time his hand didn't go through my body, and he managed to tap my shoulder.

 

”I don't exist, remember? Scary, I know. You're friends with a ghost,” he said, and I could hear the sarcasm in his voice. He showed his tongue to me like a five-year-old.

 

My mind was filled of with questions, but I didn't manage to say anything. He sighed. ”Confusing, weird, new, creepy, I know. I'm practically dead, but because I'm awesome, I have a lot of options. So, I'm not dead. But I am. Whatever, you don't get it anyway.”

 

Wasn't he supposed to be a broken, weak boy? Wasn't he supposed be Lee Sungjong, who almost died in my arms? And if he was dead, why did I see him?

 

What the hell is happening? Why can't I understand?

 

”You was supposed to die, Sungyeol. After a year.” After a year? ”We kind of moved back in the time. You still cannot remember your best friend or any other person, though. I think I need to teach you about yourself so you can act naturally. If you have any questions, just ask. From now on, I will be following you like a puppy,” he smirked.

 

The questions in my mind didn't disappear, but somehow they let me alone for a second, so I could form a couple words from my mouth. ”What?”

 

”The last thing you remember from your life before you woke up from the hospital, is the party where people were celebrating your actions. You finally did something you never did before. You cannot remember, can you?” I shook my head. ”You've been living in this building longer than anyone, but you never knew how to practise outside of your own room. This room. You know that, though. After a year you'll manage in it. And everyone's happy for you or something like that.”

 

”That's what I need to practise? That's why no one came to my room to practise with me in here? I need to go to the practise room?” I asked. It didn't go like that when I wasn't yet fourteen. People always came here to teach me.

 

It was clear as snow that my powers didn't work outside of my room. Even a thought about them working anywhere I wanted after a year, made me smile.

 

Sungjong nodded. ”You remember everything before the age of fourteen, because in that year happent a lot of things and changes. Do you remember who is Myungsoo?”

 

Myungsoo. A painful name, that I can feel deep in my heart. It's painful. It hurts.

 

The boy in my dream, Kim Myungsoo.

 

My eyes got wide, and I looked at Sungjong with a shocked expression. ”From the dream. Kim Myungsoo. I remember,” I managed to answer.

 

Sungjong smiled. ”It was probably something like this: God meant you and him together or something.” My eyes widened even more. ”I never really researched for this story, but there was and is something in the way, and someone did something and Myungsoo's feelings for you were removed. They did the same to you, of course, but it didn't work so they just let you to suffer this one-sided love. Oh, this tragedy. Your life is such a drama,” Sungjong said and snorted.

 

I tried to digest the things I had just heard, and I managed pretty easily; suddenly I started to understand things, and I remembered his face. I remembered some happenings, but I didn't get to think about them, when I was already interrupted.

 

Sungyeol! To practise, now!”

 

I recognized the talker as Howon. He rushed to my room, and I was there, wondering why they all did that. Obviously I had got to known to Howon after the age of fourteen, and the same went with all of the people from here. The only one I remembered was Sunggyu, because I had known him for my whole life. Sungjong wasn't real, so I had no problem with that. I had nothing to remember with him.

 

Howon didn't seem to notice Sungjong, so I assumed that I was the only one who saw him.

 

”He doesn't see nor hear me,” Sungjong noted, and fastly got up from the bed. He was now standing with his feet glued to the floor. ”Let's talk later. I'll explain everything to you. I will tell you about that hospital thing and the dreams. Now, practise. Listen to Howon and Sunggyu, act like you know everyone. Whoever talks to you, talk back. See you.” After that, Sungjong disappeared from the room – like literally disappeared – and left us two bestfriends alone. Though that was how it had been all the time from Howon's point of view.

 

”Did you just wake up now or what? Get ready! I'll give you two minutes,” Howon yelled, standing in the middle of my room, looking at me with a serious expression.

 

I sighed, and got up, and fastly walked to my bathroom. I was lucky that I was back in my room, so I knew where to go and how. The only problem was my friends, whose names I had no idea of. Hopefully Sungjong would appear from nowhere and help me out, otherwise I'd be in a big trouble.

 


 

a/n: Things are starting to get more clear, aren't they? Yayyy, but you still cannot understand a thing, can you? Oh, this tragedy (see what I did here? See? See?)

...

I was totally imitating Sungjong here T.T

Things are getting cleared up, yes, but they are getting strange as well. I mean, what the heck? God meant you and him together... SO WEIRD RIGHT? ...No? Well no then. Just trying to talk here, ya know.

...I'm being lame again. I'll just shut the hell up. Soooo, what do you think about the chapter? Do you like Hoya, coz I think he's just AWESOME. Don't even get me started with Sungjong, I think he's just perfection in this fic (and I freaking created him *proud*)

Thanks guys, I love you all <3 This time I try to update SOOOON. Or not. Let's see. (No really, I am going to update soon.)

JUST TRYING TO ACT DRAMATIC HERE, OKAY??! Try to handle me, just try.

See you love you byebye please comment <333 *ending with heartssss* (there's a lot)