Between Reality and Realistic

Lying to Forget

 

Do you remember me?”

 

I turned my gaze slowly to the door. There was a dark figure in front of it, but it was hard for me too see because it was dark. I couldn't see the figure's face.

 

But his voice.

 

”Hm.”

 

That's all I could form from my mouth at the moment. And I didn't lie. I remembered him.

 

Lee Sungjong.

 

I heard a little noise – something that sounded like a snort – and I knew he was smiling. It made me smile as well.

 

”I have news.”

 

I tried to find his eyes, but I wasn't sure did I manage. He walked closer – I heard it. His eyes were the only thing I saw in the dark, but I still couldn't read them like usually when I looked at a person's face. I couldn't figure him out.

 

He came next to me, took a chair from nowhere – dragged it slowly, I could hear it against the floor. He sat to the chair, and I finally could see his expression.

 

Sad. Sad, but still smiling.

 

”What news?” I managed to ask.

 

He didn't answer right away. I could see his gaze rolling around the room, and then me. I saw a little amusement in his expression, and I started to think about why.

 

Was this amusing to him? Was it amusing to see me here, lying on this bed, in this empty room full of white? Was it amusing that I didn't remember even a half of my own life, and especially about him?

 

Lee Sungjong.

 

A name that I could forget.

 

Then why did I remember it?

 

”Sungyeol,” he said. His voice was calming, but the sadness and the amusement weren't gone. They were still there – hidden, but alive.

 

”Sungjong.”

 

I didn't understand what was happening, but I saw his surprised expression.

 

After a moment, that turned to be anger.

 

”Didn't you listen to me at all?” he asked.

 

I nodded, looking at his eyes, though I found it very hard in this dark room, when I was lying on the bed and he was sitting on the chair. His eyes were full of feelings, but everything I could see in them was emptiness.

 

The feelings were hidden, but people were made of them. Without them, we were nothing. And that's what his gaze told me. Nothing.

 

”A name that I can forget. Lee Sungjong,” I said, finding myself smiling. I wasn't exactly sure was I smiling because I was happy, sad, bitter or angry. Maybe I was smiling because I didn't know – because of non-existing hope and knowledge.

 

”Do you remember what I told you? Do you remember at all?”

 

I turned my gaze to the other side of the room, to the spot where he was lying in the other dream – all weak and ready to die.

 

”You're alive,” I said, still smiling and looking at the spot on the floor. ”I wanted to know what happent to you. I wanted to hear end of the story.”

 

I knew that it wasn't a story. But what was it? What should I exactly call this? Reality? Dream? Realistic dream?

 

Real dream?

 

”Do you remember him, Sungyeol?”

 

I smiled. I knew that it was because I was sad, hopeless – didn't understand the things that were happening around me. Bitterness, happiness, anger, hope – everything was there at the same time. Slightly or a lot. But they still were.

 

”I'm glad that you're okay, Sungjong.”

 

I closed my eyes, but I didn't feel the smile disappear.

 

The only thing I felt was the emptiness around me. It had been there long already.

 

But how long, I didn't know.

 


 

a/n: This and the second chapter were originally in the same chapter, but it's a lot easier for me to update the dream and reality-thing in different chapters. Let's say yay for the double update, right? Yayyy!!

I've been even more busy lately. School has been easier, but then other things haven't. I have time to write at nights, and though I finished checking this chapter out yesterday, I was too tired to actually update it. So you can say that I'm tired and all. 

 

But yayy, double update! Have fun reading my loves <3