Meeting With Love

Lying to Forget

 

 

I was freaking out. Like really freaking out. Not that kind of freaking out that I was going to dance in front of the world or embarras myself. More like I was going to jump from the plane straight to the ground to find out would I die or not.

 

Yes. It was that bad.

 

”Stop, hyung. I'm going crazy too, because you are. And I don't like going crazy,” Sungjong said. It sounded like nothing was wrong, like nothing big was actually happening. It was his way to show me that he tried to calm me down, to say that everything would be fine, that I would be fine. But it surely didn't work.

 

”You can't say that, okay? You can't pretend that everything is fine, when it's not!” I yelled, maybe little too loud, but it wasn't the right time to worry about that.

 

Sungjong sighed. ”Yeah, I know. It's not fine, because you think so. But it's not that bad, okay? Let me just explain this to you, one more time.”

 

I rolled my eyes. ”I already know! Myungsoo doesn't remember even those little nice moments I do, though I'm the one with this stupid thing called not-remembering-anything! Oh, and he still likes me, as a freaking friend. I need to act like I know him and we're good friends and that nothing ever happened between us, nothing.” Sungjong stared at me. ”You kinda made it clear, Sungjong.”

 

He stared at me for a moment, before he sighed – again. It was probably a new obsession to him. ”I'm sorry, hyung. Do well, will you? For yourself.”

 

”Yeah, yeah. I will get hurt and blah blah blah.” He looked at me with a serious expression, telling me that I needed to take it seriously as well. ”I don't get it, though,” I said, just childishly ignoring his glare. ”I don't even know him. I remember some things, some nice moments, but I don't remember him. Why would I get hurt? I'm not in love with him or anything, since I don't freaking know him,” I continued.

 

Sungjong was very quiet for a moment. ”When you see him, it changes. Trust me.”

 

I was confused. ”Changes? What changes?” I furrowed my brows in frustration.

 

”You don't exactly remember him, but you can still feel him.”

 

I still didn't get it.

 

He sighed. ”What like it was in the dream? How did you feel back then?”

 

Oh. I didn't even think about that.

 

Back then, I felt lost. Like I knew him, but I still didn't. It hurt me, a lot. What hurt me, I didn't know. But something did. It was a feeling, familiar but very far away. Something that I could watch and see, but never actually touch or feel. It was probably the weirdest and scariest dream ever.

 

And his voice.

 

It was like I had listened to it my whole life, but I still had never heard it before.

 

Sound of his name was heartbreaking, familiar, but never, ever heard before.

 

”Oh.”

 

Sungjong smiled sadly. ”Yeah.”

 

We were quiet for a long time, before I finally managed to stand up and face the truth.

 

I was going to meet Myungsoo.

 

I was going to talk to Myungsoo. To get to know him again.

 

I wasn't going fall for him again, right?

 

Sungjong knew my thoughts and feelings, but he didn't say anything.

 

”Are you ready?” he asked.

 

After a moment of hesitation, I nodded. ”But how am I going to do this? Isn't it a little weird if I go to his room like no tomorrow and act like we're friends?”

 

Sungjong chuckled, though it sounded forced. I knew that he was worried about me. About the fact that I would get hurt.

 

Sungjong was the only one I could be myself with. It was even weird with Sunggyu these days, because I was back in time and he didn't know anything about anything. Sungjong was the only one who knew every single thing about me. It was somehow scary, but comforting.

 

”You used to do it all the time.”

 

”But it will be weird for me!”

 

”Just try, hyung. I'll take you there, since you don't probably know where–”

 

”23.”

 

Sungjong looked at me with confusion.

 

And then he smirked.

 

”Good memory, hyung.”

 

I smirked back.

 

It was in one memory when I was going to Myungsoo's dorm, secretly. I didn't exactly remember that, but I was looking around very carefully, so I figured it out. I knocked to his door, and it clearly said 23.

 

 

”Room 23, here we come,” I silently said.

 

We walked out of my tiny room. The hallway was dark, and there was really no one around. I saw one guy, but he only looked at me and smiled. I smiled back, figuring that we probably knew each other existences, but didn't exactly know each other.

 

Me and Sungjong didn't talk. It was like a wordless code we made with each other.

 

I was spacing out, and didn't exactly know where we were at the moment. That was why it came kind of nowhere that I suddenly saw a door with a light on it. The light was revealing the number 22.

 

22.

 

Oh .

 

My room was numbered as 13, so it shouldn't be a surprise that we got here so fast.

 

”Oh, now I get it!”

 

I furrowed my brows. ”You get what?”

 

”Your dark powers only work at your dark-powered room!” It was Myungsoo. He bursted into laughter.

 

”What do you mean by dark-powered room?” I asked in frustation.

 

”Idiot!” Myungsoo chuckled. ”Thirteen is a bad number, Sungyeol. Very bad,” he said as he faked a serious expression.

 

I smirked, and as we walked from my room to his, I looked at the number. ”You know, 23 is my favourite number. Like a lucky number,” I said.

 

Myungsoo smiled. ”Thirteen is mine.”

 

A new memory. It was scary how much I remembered these days. Scary, but surprisingly cool.

 

”I think you should think about the memories later and focus on meeting Myungsoo tonight.”

 

Okay. I needed to focus on Myungsoo.

 

But he was in the memory, right?

 

”Hyung?”

 

I flinched, and turned my head to see Sungjong looking at me with curious eyes. ”New memory?” he asked.

 

I nodded. ”You should know, though. Since you're so good at reading my mind like no biggie.”

 

Sungjong snorted. ”I can't see your memories. They're something precious and blah blah blah. I can figure them out on my own easily, but I can't know what you're exactly thinking about.”

 

I chuckled. ”You sound so disappointed that it's making me almost happy.”

 

Sungjong smirked, obviously happy that he made me laugh when we were obviously standing in front of the room 23.

 

He tried to distract me. Nice try.

 

”Are you going inside?” he asked.

 

I furrowed my brows. ”Should I?” I asked, kind of from myself. ”I mean, it's late already and he could be sleeping.”

 

Sungjong rolled his eyes. ”Just go, hyung.”

 

He pushed me more to the door, and knocked it. ”I'll stay with you if it makes you feel better,” he said, smiling.

 

I looked at him and smiled back. ”Thank you.”

 

Those moments were precious with him. When we were sincerely smiling to each other, thanking without any back-thoughts. Usually we were just bickering around like little kids.

 

It didn't take too long when Myungsoo already opened the door – it happened pretty hesitantly, though, but he still did.

 

He saw me and Sungjong – no wait, no Sungjong – standing there awkwardly. He looked pretty curious, maybe little confused as well.

 

I smiled like a dork and looked at him with all the honest I could ever gather. ”Myung–”

 

What to call him? Myungsoo? Myungie?

 

No, you did that when you were together.

 

Myungsoo!” I yelled, trying to sound as excited as I could.

 

He looked at me for a moment, and I got scared. What about he would hate me? What about he would throw me away like nothing?

 

It took a moment, but he smiled. It was an honest smile. It was that kind of smile that fit perfectly to his nature.

 

”Sungyeol,” he said. He sounded very happy and relieved.

 

And then, just like that, he hugged me.

 

He freaking hugged me.

 

”You haven't been here for so long! Everynight I wait, but no, you never come! Where have you been? Hoya said you were practising or something,” he said.

 

I smiled, trying to cover up the stupid sadness. ”I was practising. Woohyun is teaching me,” I smirked. I tried so hard to act naturally, and by Sungjong's expression, I was doing well.

 

 

Myungsoo looked understanding. ”So that's why I haven't seen him around either,” he smirked back. ”It was indeed strange to see Sunggyu all alone, without Woohyun around him.”

 

Wait, what? Sunggyu and Woohyun? Since when did they start hanging out?

 

 

I laughed. ”Talking informal now, huh,” I said.

 

Myungsoo chuckled. ”They're not here to hear us, so I might as well take the chance.”

 

”Of course,” I answered, trying to smirk, but it probably looked more like a gentle smile.

 

Myungsoo smiled back.

 

Did we always behave like this? Talking informal when it was about our hyungs? Laughing around about stupid, childish things? Hell, I was probably pretty despressed, being all in love with that kid when he was acting completely naturally.

 

”So, are you coming in?”

 

I smiled, and walked inside of his room.

 

Room 23.

 

And it definitely was one amazing room filled with memories.

 


 

a/n: Hello guys! Okaaay, I would have a lot to say this time, but because my mom gave a punishment (for whatever reason this time, ditching school/not listening to her freaking words) and I need to close my laptop at 10pm. LAAMEEE! I know, right?

Okay, first things first. Justin Bieber is in Finland right now, and half of my school is going to go to watch him perform, of course, duh. So that's why they're not coming to school tomorrow. (I even read from news that some school gave a day off? Like what the , it's just Justin Bieber not the Queen of England??) Okay okay, I get it. He's HUUUGEEE (sounded weird huh) and everyone loves him. Honestly, I would want to see him as well XD but I'm going to school cause my mom, yaknow. She's not very happy with me right now, keke.

Oh yeah and my friends were over, and one guy left his album here. Shinee's DREAAAM GIIIRLLL yayayyy, I can listen to it now XD he doesn't even know he left it, lol. I should probably give it back.

About the chapter... nice, huh? Oh yeah, we OFFICIALLY MET KIM MYUNGSOO. I like him already :3 Well yeah, you can tell me about that right? COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE IF YOU HAVEN'T!

To the next time, see yaa! Byebyeee my loves <3