Failing While Trying

Lying to Forget

 

I woke up next to Sungjong, and it wasn't like it was unpleasent in any kind of way, but it was very likely hard to bear that kid in the morning. He was worrying about every single thing he found – first his hair and then his swollen face, though it wasn't swollen at all. That kid looked as perfect as a model every second of his life, he was just way too critical.

 

Howon came to my room in the morning. He rushed in like no tomorrow, and started to yell about the practise again.

 

That's how I ended up in the stupid practise room again – and I freaking hated it.

 

”Sungyeol,” my trainer sighed. He wasn't even my trainer, he was supposed be my friend, but he was here to train me because the original one had enough. Of me. Of my mistakes. The new trainer was Woohyun, and Sungjong told me he was a very good friend of mine. That's why I tried to play nice. ”You need to use your head, okay? Try to think.” I just stubbornly stared at him. ”Fine,” he sighed again. ”Close your eyes.” I did what I was told. ”Now, imagine your room.”

 

It was hard, but nice. My room wasn't as white as the stupid hospital room. There were books, and other stuff that told me that once I was alive. Of course there were stuff from my childhood, and they always made me smile, but I was still bothered. I wanted to remember Myungsoo and Howon. Hell, I even wanted to remember Woohyun and that weird dude that I met this morning.

 

”Are you in your room now?”

 

I nodded, and I wasn't lying. I was in my room. Sitting on the floor with Sungjong.

 

Sungjong.

 

I felt his hand on my shoulder. It felt nice. Only when I understood that his hand really wasn't on my shoulder, I got frustrated. Why in hell he wasn't here when I clearly said that he needed to come?

 

”Sungjong,” I said.

 

”Hm, hyung?”

 

”I feel weird around Woohyun. I can't act normally. You need to come to the practise with me,” I said. ”I need to act naturally and you need to help me.”

 

He was obviously thinking about the situation. ”Fine. But I won't follow you there or anything. I feel weird around Hoya and he always drags you there. Your friends are weird. I'll come when you start practising and he's gone,” he said.

 

I nodded, smiling, until something bothered me. ”Wait,” I said. He looked at me, knowing what I was about to say. ”Who the hell is Hoya?”

 

He laughed, but it sounded happy and understanding. I liked it. It didn't sound amused, like usually. ”Your bestfriend.” I furrowed my brows. It wasn't like I knew everything about my life or anything, but I was pretty sure that my bestfriend's name was Howon. Right?

 

He saw how confused I looked, so he decided to continue. ”People usually call him Hoya. I don't know what it is with you and Sunggyu calling him Howon.”

 

”How long have people called him that?” I asked.

 

Sungjong sighed. ”It's stupid how you're asking me about your friends,” he said and rolled his eyes. ”Probably after the age of fourteen. I don't know,” he shrugged. ”If you only remember people calling him Howon, then obviously people were calling him Howon at the time.”

 

I smirked to myself, and made a mental note to write a list about these things. It would be useful.

 

”Try to make that puppet move now.”

 

Oh. I was still in the practise room. 

 

I tried to hear the sentence from Woohyun again in my head, but this time from Sungjong. I wanted myself to believe I really was in my room.

 

”Make that freaking puppet move or I'll rip your head off, hyung!”

 

I smiled to myself when I imagined my divaish Sungjong talking.

 

Concentrate.

 

Concentrate more.

 

Do it.

 

I tried. I failed. Woohyun sighed, Sungjong snorted. I was in the practise room again, hitting my head on the wall.

 

”Let's try again tomorrow,” Woohyun mumbled.

 


a/n: Going with double tonight, just like I promised! Yayy!! (the chapters are veeery short, that's why)