Continuing the Revealing

Lying to Forget

 

”This won't do, Sungyeol,” Woohyun said in a disappointed tone.

 

”I-I'm sorry.”

 

It was Monday again, new week to handle with these dysfunctional powers. Something was new, though. Woohyun never really showed his disappointed or anger with me, but today was obviously different. I could see how tired he was of this. But he wasn't the only one. I was sick of these stupid powers too, and I wanted them to work already.

 

Sungjong said that I shouldn't wish them to work, because that's when I was supposed to die. Honestly, dying didn't really sound that bad right now. And he said that this was a second chance for me to live, right? So, there really wasn't any worries of me dying.

 

Woohyun sighed, but after a short silence, he threw me a little smile, which was surprisingly sweet and honest. I tried to smile back, but I was confused so I probably made myself look really stupid.

 

”It's fine, Sungyeol,” he said, tone in his voice calming. I almost closed my eyes to its sound, maybe because it was so familiar that I got almost scared, but I made myself to keep them open. I noticed that Woohyun liked to say my name a lot, and today he seemed very weird. ”Let's go to my room, okay?”

 

I looked at him, not quite believing his words. I wasn't sure did I actually hear any kind of sarcasm in his voice, but it didn't sound completely honest either, and I wasn't sure what to say.

 

He chuckled. ”We haven't been hanging out in a long time.” His smile was honest this time. ”I miss you. As a friend.”

 

I smiled. ”I miss you, too.”

 

”So, let's go then! Ah, I'm so excited to finally get some time with you.” His grin was bigger than ever, and it made me a little bit happier.

 

We started walking through the hall to his room. I had no idea where it was and what was its number, and I tried calling Sungjong in my mind, but for whatever reason he didn't answer nor came to help me.

 

”So, about your powers...”

 

I turned my gaze to Woohyun, who had suddenly brought an unexpected subject to talk about, and it was kind of confusing.

 

”Yeah?”

 

”Have you ever practised in the big practise room?” he asked, slightly scared of my answer, and I didn't quite understand his unsure tone.

 

”Not really.”

 

The big practise room was in the same room as the cafeteria and I never really ate there. If I was hungry, I ordered something to my room or just made something myself. And what I had learned from my freshest memories, I used to crash to other people's dorms to get something to eat.

 

Sometimes I had followed Howon to the big practise room, though. I had a couple memories of us playing around when he was supposed to be training. He never did.

 

Woohyun smiled. ”You should.”

 

”Why? So I could embarrass myself in front of everyone?” I asked, slightly amused but frustrated also.

 

Woohyun seemed angry suddenly. He turned to look at me, and I mean really look at me. His gaze was almost aggressive and high-pressured. ”You know, Hoya uses the big practise room almost every week. And there's a lot of people training at the same time.”

 

I looked at him with a light confusion. I still had some trouble with that Hoya name, because I didn't have much memories of anyone calling him that.

 

He seemed even angrier. ”You can't maybe work outside of your room. But everyone knows it. Hoya can't work anywhere. And everyone knows it. So stop saying it'd be embarrassing. Even Hoya can do it.”

 

I looked at Woohyun, and suddenly the atmosphere was not very wanted.

 

”I'm s-sorry. I didn't mean it that way.”

 

”It's fine.”

 

I was troubled, but decided to ask what was on my mind anyway. ”What did you mean by that?” Woohyun looked confused. ”What do you mean that Hoya can't use his powers anywhere?”

 

Woohyun was looking at me with a worried expression. I never really saw him wear that kind of a feeling, so I felt a little uncomfortable.

 

”Uhm, Sungyeol. Are you okay?” Woohyun asked. He put his hand fastly on my forehead, probably to test did I have fever.

 

”I'm fine.” I slapped his hand away.

 

Oh . That was a big mistake. I'm just gonna blame Sungjong later.

 

And like a dream come true, Sungjong appeared from nowhere, and I frightened. Woohyun looked at me like a crazy person, because I yelped a little too loud when Sungjong got there.

 

Oh . I'm in a huge trouble now. What to do, Sungjong?

 

”Just hear his words.”

 

I glanced at Sungjong, not quite believing his words, but turned my gaze to Woohyun anyway.

 

He suddenly opened a door, and I realized that we were going to his room. It was familiar, and I remembered some of my memories that I've had there. With Woohyun, we were always doing childish and immature stuff. It was fun, though.

 

”Sit down, Sungyeol. I will remind you of Hoya's... problems.”

 

I did what I was told, and Sungjong stood near me. He threw weird glances at me, some were very worried and some looked very bothered but arrogant. Well, he's Lee Sungjong after all. I heard him snort.

 

Woohyun went to the kitchen, and came back with a glass of water. ”I was thinking about drinking soju or something tonight, but I guess we can just leave that to another time.” I saw Sungjong's annoyed expression while he looked at Woohyun. I almost chuckled. ”Drink this.” He gave me the glass, and I thanked him quietly.

 

Woohyun sat next to me, and for whatever reason, Sungjong got suddenly farther away. I ignored his stubborn glances at Woohyun and me, and focused on the other.

 

”You know, we all had some struggling with finding our powers. Can't you remember?” Woohyun started. Now when I thought about it, I really did remember. But no, not about myself. I was born with my powers. Honestly, I remembered Woohyun struggling with finding his powers. If I was right, it took him a year to finally use them. I nodded. ”Well, Hoya never did. He's still struggling.”

 

My eyes got wider.

 

I was shocked. More than shocked, probably. I had no memories about Howon training, yes, I had figured that out. But I surely didn't know that he had no powers at all.

 

”Don't play along, Sungyeol-hyung,” Sungjong said. ”Act like you didn't know.”

 

What? Why?”

 

Woohyun looked at me.

 

”Eh, nothing, haha.”

 

His expression was worried and confused, but I just ignored it.

 

”Just do it, hyung!”

 

I rolled my eyes, and turned my attention back to Woohyun. I was glad to know that he didn't mistook my words, because he had stayed silent, which was weird but better to me.

 

”That's terrible. Poor Howon,” I said, pouting. ”I should call him.”

 

Woohyun furrowed his brows. ”You're really acting weird today, Sungyeol. It's kind of scaring me out a little.”

 

”Ah, sorry. I just forget things easily, you know.”

 

Oh. My. God. I am officially the worst liar existing.

 

”S-Sungyeol. You should rest, okay?”

 

I didn't know what to say.

 

”Hyung. Tell him.” What? ”Tell him everything you told you Dongwoo as well.” Why?

 

I turned to look at Sungjong, and he looked serious. ”Just do it.”

 

And then he disappeared.

 

And I was left alone to go through the talking again.

 


 

a/n: I AM SO SORRY! I'VE BEEN GONE SO LONG, YES, I KNOW, AND I'M HONESTLY SORRY.

Some people have summer break and they can write all the time, but for me, it goes differently. I have no time to write that much anymore. Maybe in the end of the summer, hopefully.

 

PLEASE READ THIS!

I will be leaving for over two weeks, and I won't be able to update at all. When I come back from my trip, I promise to update when I can. Hopefully I won't be as busy as now anymore. 

I'm really tired and I'm watching Gu Family Book (it's an awesome drama!), so I'm not talking much here today. If I can, I'd be gladly updating this week once before I go. I'm trying my best, loves!

I'm really sorry for all the wait, and kind of crappy chapter (because nothing really happened). I hope you managed to somehow like it, hahah.

Bye loves <3 See you soon as possible!

 

 

Hakyeon says annyeong!