Because of the Pain

Lying to Forget

 

I've been in the practise room before, but just about once in a month. And that was before I was fourteen. That was before I met Myungsoo, Howon or any other of my so-called friends.

 

Trough the whole practise I was thinking why I had no friends before the age of fourteen. And then I understood that those people came into this building when I turned fourteen. Earlier I only knew Sunggyu and some of his friends, but they were all older than me and they always treated my like a kid.

 

I also understood what happened to me and why.

 

Maybe the practise was useful after all.

 

The time flew by pretty fastly, and Howon was all the time in the same room with me, looking my progress, though I wasn't doing that at all. That would happen after a freaking year. Couldn't I just change that fact and do it faster? I was probably pretty lazy back then, since everyone kept reminding me about it. You should get up even once, Sungyeol. You should try this with your lazy even this time, Sungyeol. You should even try to act like you care, Sungyeol. Screw them. I was trying. I was acting.

 

I was now sitting on my bed. Howon had just left and I was bored. Howon had some practises as well, but I had an empty schedule for the end of the day.

 

”Sungjong,” I called my little ghost friend. I had to tell him what I remembered.

 

He appeared from nowhere, smiled fastly and jumped into my bed. I was ready to pick him from the floor but he didn't go trough the bed this time. He managed to sit and take a relaxing position. He was also showing a pretty happy face, and I hated it. It was like this was a joke to him. Like everything was a joke to him.

 

”Something to tell?” he asked.

 

I smiled a little. I still didn't fully believe that he was the same boy from the dreams.

 

”Actually, yes. I remember some things after the age of fourteen.” He looked a little surprised, but asked me to continue. ”I remember just a little cut from some kind of a conversation, where I was explained what they were doing to me and Myungsoo and why. I also remember some moments I spent with him. Not going to talk about that,” I said. I felt myself blush, and I just wanted to punch Sungjong's pretty face when he smirked.

 

”Just continue, please,” he said, and smirked again.

 

”I remember how Myungsoo didn't remember me in the same way. It was like he knew me, but he didn't remember how close we exactly were. I don't remember how they cleared up his mind from all the memories, although they did the same to me, like you said. I don't know why it didn't work, I guess no one does,” I explained, and Sungjong was nodding as the words left my mouth, like he already knew everything. ”I used to be happy. I was always the one to cheer everyone up. I remember that. But all the stuff with Myungsoo messed me up. I lost my shine. Or something like that,” I continued, and glanced at Sungjong who was suddenly smiling sadly. I liked it. It reminded me of the Sungjong from the dreams. Not the cocky, smirking one.

 

”I can find out every single thing about you if I want to,” he said as he sighed. ”But it was a mistake to go to your past. You were shining, you were the freaking sun itself,” he chuckled, though it sounded forced. ”Why did they take Myungsoo away from you?” It sounded like he was talking to himself. ”I cannot understand.”

 

I smiled sadly. ”Me neither. But can't you find that out? If you can find every single detail about me, why don't you clear that up? I wanna know, Sungjong. I wanna know why they made my life hell,” I said as I turned my gaze down.

 

”It's not that easy.” For a minute we were quiet. ”Do you want me to call you hyung?”

 

”Hm?”

 

”Hyung. I'm younger,” he smirked.

 

I forrowed my brows. How young he was when he died? Why did he die anyway?

 

”I was fifteen. I died in the same way as you were supposed to,” he answered the questions I didn't even ask.

 

I didn't need to know how he read my thoughts, I just accepted the fact that he did. I knew there was more important things to understand at the moment. ”Do you want to explain everything to me now? I don't get anything of this,” I asked, looking at the younger boy. For a moment he reminded me of that weak, broken boy on the floor, that Lee Sungjong that I met first time in my dream.

 

He sighed deeply, and I knew he was ready to tell me everything. ”I talked to you earlier about the God, and the fact that you and Myungsoo were meant to be together. Well, God has actually nothing to do with this. There's just these higher people, and life after death. This building is a place full of people who have powers. You were taken when you were a baby, because your powers are extremely dangerous. Think about it, you can hurt people with one look. You can kill a human without even actually touching.” I nodded, understanding the situation, because it wasn't new to me. ”Myungsoo's power isn't far from yours. And here we get to the part that actually matters; some weird power – whatever that is – meant you two together, that being the God or not. But then these higher people who you guys need to listen to more than the God, didn't want you to be together. They're the people who control the lives of people with powers and stuff. You need lovers who balance your power. Something like light and love. Imagine, you and Myungsoo together. It's very dangerous, and it could do a lot of damage. I mean, who knows, you could just go and overtake the whole world,” Sungjong smirked as he said that. ”You have these powers of darkness. They don't fit together.”

 

”That's not fair!” I yelled, not even noticing it.

 

”No, it's not,” Sungjong said. ”But anyway, you were separated. No one knows why it didn't work for you, because Myungsoo forgot your relationship easily. Like you were supposed to.”

 

”Yeah, I kinda understood that already. I don't want to hear it anymore. Just tell me about those dreams,” I said fastly.

 

Sungjong sighed. ”It was the only way to meet you before this whole going back in the time thing happened. You were so weak that there was no way you could've managed to see me. And Howon and Sunggyu were in your room all the freaking time! We couldn't have talked anyway.”

 

I thought about the dreams for a moment. ”Why were you so hurt? Was that some kind of a show?” I asked, a little annoyed.

 

”No, hyung. It's not the easiest thing on earth to get into people's dreams, so it was pretty troublesome. They were probably some kind of dream guys or whatever gardians who suddenly decided to beat the out of me. Of course I ran away, because I needed to get to you. It was in this weird place, it wasn't the reality but it wasn't the dream either. It was somewhere in between. But that was probably the most painful day in my life.”

 

I was thinking again, and I was sorry for him. It was kind of my fault he got hurt. I felt guilty. ”Why was I supposed to die? And how?” I asked, though I wasn't exactly sure did I want to know the answer.

 

Sungjong was quiet for a moment. ”I will you tell you how it happened to me, okay?” I nodded. ”I have powers too. But I was in a different kind of place, it was far away from here. There's people like you and me as well, because all of us can't train in the same building.” I forrowed my brows, but decided to stay silent. ”My powers are full of darkness and whatever . Do you really think that these higher people or whatever, want something like that? Something like you or me or Myungsoo? No. There's people who control us who aren't normal. They decided they were done with me because all I did was damage. Just like you. They didn't kill you because you only could practise in your room, so you weren't any trouble. They decided to use their little magic hands and make me die like it was normal. They made it look like it,” Sungjong frowned bitterly. ”You know, I died because of a cancer,” he laughed. I was just shocked, so I didn't answer. ”That's what it looked like to other people. But what it really was... it was a very painful joke. The pain was something I can't explain with words. And then I died. Just like that.” I was still listening. He sighed.

 

”You knew how to practise outside of your room, so you were dangerous. They wanted to kill you, like me. But it didn't work. You forgot almost everything, and I knew they were going to keep trying to kill you again. I felt bad for you, so I decided to ask help from those who had decided to separate you and Myungsoo. They're different than the ones who killed me. They're mean, but a lot nicer,” he said with a bitter expression. It seemed to fit to him well. ”They decided to help.”

 

”I didn't feel pain when I was supposed to die,” I simply answered.

 

Sungjong rolled his eyes. ”That's because you were too busy wondering around that why were you forgetting your bestfriend's name. You didn't have time for the pain, obviously.” He shrugged when I looked at him with questioning eyes. How was that even possible? I was too busy thinking, so I didn't even understand that everything was happening because of that pain?

 

How can I even be that stupid?

 

We were quiet after that, and I was thankful. I was thinking about everything he had said, and he was just following my lead.

 

I sighed deeply. ”I think that was enough for the day. Let's talk more later,” I said, and fell to my bed from the sitting position. Sungjong nodded, smiling, and fell next to me. He was pretty close, but I didn't have time to think about it. He cuddled me and closed his eyes.

 

”I'll wait here,” he said, almost whispered. I smiled and closed my eyes as well.

 

This time falling asleep didn't bring a distressing dream with it, although Sungjong's words were in my mind the whole time until I fell asleep, and I remembered how it felt like to really sleep.

 


 

a/n: Helloo guyss. This was a pretty boring chapter, huh? Well, it was supposed to make everything clear. I tried to make it interesting, but I guess it didn't work...? Hmh, hopefully you were so curious that it was bearable. I hope you understand even something now, lol. Because I already had the whole plot in my head before I even started to write this, so everything's pretty clear to me. I just need you guys to get it.

Okkkaaay, I'm talking useless nonsense again...

 

THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR COMMENTS <3 I love to read them, always <3 You're amazing, guys. Really.

I have a double update for next time, yayyy!! I'll update SOOON because I have everything written already (I've been writing a lot lately XD) 

Thanks guys, I love you all <3333 HEARTS FROM WOOHYUN.

 

Oh, and because someone was curious, I'll just tell to everyone here about the characters of this fanfic. EVERYONE WILL BE ADDED. So don't worry. There will be Dongwoo and Woohyun, okay? You will be informed about those guys in the next update, yayyy! (anyone noticed I always use that word??) 

Bye noww, see ya veeery soon! :)