The New Badass

Strawberry Cream Kiss

 

Kwangmin gaped at the sight of himself in the mirror.

 

‘Gosh! The level of tackiness is just too damn high!’ he thought, ‘do I really have to have my shirt dangling outside my pants? And these pants… is he a dancer or something? He needs to get a size smaller than this! Is this what he called a uniform?’ Kwangmin complained in his thoughts, criticizing how awful his twin’s style is.

 

Kwangmin eyed Youngmin’s tie in disgust. He could see various of pins being sticked to it. An American flag pin, skull pin even an ACDC pin, that Kwangmin could’ve sworn that his twin doesn’t seem to like. And with Youngmin’s suggestion (cross that, more like an order), Kwangmin ed the two topmost buttons.

 

‘Gay much?’ Kwangmin cursed under his breath. He let the ridiculous tie hung over his neck, below the third button.

 

Kwangmin was a bit ashamed at how he dressed. But what else can he do? It’s the only key in opening the door towards Starship High.

 

Kwangmin wore three earrings in his left ear. Those kinds of earrings where you could just stick them in between your ears so that you won’t feel any pain.

 

‘Let’s all pray together so that these earrings won’t fall off,’ Kwangmin sighed.

 

Lastly, shoes. After throwing a fist at Youngmin for forcing him on wearing those orange shoes, Kwangmin wore them half-heartedly.

 

‘the downside of being born with a tacky twin,’ he thought.

 

Kwangmin went into Youngmin’s room and took a pack of Marlboro, throwing the box in the deep side of his bag and cleaned his hand after touching that filthy stuff. He made sure he took a few strawberry cream candies with him and placed it in his pocket.

 

A little while later, Kwangmin started the engine of his, I mean Youngmin’s, black Kawasaki Ninja and flew off to Starship High.

 

‘Hope this will turn out well,’ Kwangmin prayed his last words before entering the thug life.


 

Two security guards were on their duty when Kwangmin arrived at the gates. They bowed and smiled their teeth off when they saw the number one student (more like the demigod) in Starship High entered the school.

 

Kwangmin was about to smile as soon as he finished his huge motorcycle when he realized he was Youngmin here. The Jo Youngmin whom everyone feared. In the end, Kwangmin shot them a degraded glare and strolled into school.

 

‘I must say, my act wasn’t that bad after all! Hahaha!’ he thought, pleased.

 

He walked down the corridor, heading towards Youngmin’s class, when suddenly a puny boy collided his tiny body against Kwangmin’s tall and lean one.

 

‘Ouch! That kind of hurts,’ he said to himself, ‘This dude seriously needs to chill,’

 

But… this is Youngmin he’s talking about here. Youngmin wouldn’t give much damn about this tiny problem. He was about to smile and apologize even though he knew it wasn’t his fault, when he suddenly remembered he was playing his twin’s cold character. With his cold eyes, Kwangmin shot the kid a death glare before walking off towards his class. He could feel his lips tremble from trying not to laugh.

 

The puny boy swallowed his saliva and stared at Kwangmin as if he’s some kind of a ghost or something. With a trembling voice, the boy said, “I… I-, I’m sorry Youngmin sunbae!”

 

Kwangmin tilted his head, giving him the “what should I do with this kid? Should I fry him or burn him to ashes?” look.

 

The kid fell on his knees and begged for forgiveness, “I… I’m sorry Young… Youngmin Sunbaenim. Please don’t hit me,” the kid pleaded.

 

Kwangmin could see fear in the kid’s eyes. Kwangmin couldn’t hold it any longer. He wanted to laugh but he couldn’t destroy Youngmin’s bad boy reputation in this school. He clenched his teeth before leaving, trying to hold his laughter before bursting.

 

Kwangmin could feel his shoulder shaking. He couldn’t get rid off the kid’s face when he begged on his knees. It was too funny.

 

‘I seriously should start my acting career. That kid was totally scared! Hahahaha!!!’

 

Kwangmin could feel his throat shaking and he released the laugh he had been patiently holding in. He looked around, in case some of the students saw him laughing his guts off. When he knew no one is there and that he is alone, he let a small chuckle before ending his laugh.

 

‘Scared of Youngmin? Pft! It was so last year,’ he thought, smiling like an idiot at the furthest chair at the back. Kwangmin straightened his back and stopped smiling when he saw a silhouette of a person at the doorway.

 

A girl.

 

As fast as lightning, he got rid of his smile and went back to his Youngmin state. Kwangmin glared at the girl who was standing with her jaw dropping all the way to the floor. But what Kwangmin hoped for didn’t come true. He couldn’t be like his twin. He could feel his face heating up, and becoming a bright, tomato red.

 

‘Damn,’ he thought.

 

Vigorously, Kwangmin threw his stare at the classroom windows. It’s the best thing he could do, at least that’s what he thought. All he needs to do is to not let the girl see his red face. He acted as if he doesn’t care seeing the girl standing a few meters away from him, when all he wanted was for her not to see how nervous he is right now.

 

And when the girl walked away without a word, Kwangmin covered his face and let out a huge sigh. He enjoyed that feeling somehow. He let his feeling consume his heart that beats 10 times faster than before. That feeling….