Eavesdropping

Strawberry Cream Kiss

 

Ahn Jinae, a tall, longhaired track athlete in Starship High, was on her way to the principal’s office. She’s having chemistry and Mrs. Kim, her chemistry teacher, asked her to take a blue folder that she left in the principal’s office.

 

After taking the folder, Jinae wanted to go back to her class when she spotted Youngmin talking to Mr. Jung. After making sure no one is around, she snuck herself towards the door and eavesdrop the conversation.

 

“I give up trying to change you into someone better,” Mr. Jung let out a long breath.

 

“That started it first sir! Honestly, I’m too lazy to deal with someone so shallow like that. Besides, it’s just a waste of time,”

 

“Don’t ever use those filthy words in front of me! Your parents are highly respected, you’re supposed to keep their honors in this school!”

 

“Hahaha… isn’t it a bit shameful? Bringing my parents into some conversation like this. My attitude and my words have nothing to do with them,”

 

“Youngmin, tell me what else can we do?”

 

Jin Ae sensed silence.

 

Not long, Mr. Jung’s voice was heard, “You’ve been given special treatment by the school. We won’t mind if you slept or ate in class, skipping classes, wearing your uniform like some street rat, or wearing that hideous orange shoes. We’ve put aside all those troubles you’ve cost in school, unless you’re fighting and brought danger to this school,” Mr. Jung explained.

 

Youngmin’s denial was heard not long after, “I didn’t do any harm in school Jung Seonsaengnim,”

 

“Lee Minki from 3-2 got into hospital a few days ago because of you, Youngmin. And you’re saying you didn’t do any harm?”

 

“I didn’t do it in the school area right? And if… I said if… Lee Minki got a coma because of me, it’s none of your and the school’s business,” Youngmin denied.

 

Jin Ae pressed her ears on the door.

 

Mr. Jung continued, “Minki’s parents called us. They demanded an explana-“

 

“Everything is clear sir! He’s the one who tried messing up with me. If they’re demanding an explanation… tell them to call JO YOUNGMIN,” Youngmin cut his principal’s words.

 

Mr. Jung was out of words for a few seconds, then he continued, “Youngmin-ah, I’m only asking for a little help-“

 

“I’m sorry sir,” Youngmin cut him off again, “I’m very sorry. I’m not offering help in any form. Now if you’d excuse me, I need to go back to my class. I like mathematics.”

 

Jin Ae didn’t hear Mr. Jung’s answer after that, as if he’s talking in some kind of a low voice. Jin Ae pressed her ears closer to the door. She’s trying really hard to listen to the conversation.

 

The door suddenly burst open. Jin Ae felt her heart did a huge jump. She stared at the tall boy in front of her. Jo Youngmin.

 

Youngmin glared at her, “What the hell? Are you trying to eavesdrop that conversation?” Youngmin gave her the killer stare.

 

Jin Ae felt her heart stopped for a moment. She swallowed the lump in and collected all her strength to look back at Youngmin. Youngmin clasped his lips tightly and all Jin Ae can do is stay silent.

 

‘Ah ottoke?’ she thought, ‘ I did eavesdrop on their conversation… Aish pabo! Why did you have to stop and tried listening to their conversation!?”

 

 

Youngmin let out a heavy sigh, eyeing Jin Ae’s tiny face.

 

 

That made Jin Ae’s sudden urge of cry getting bigger. She’s trying so hard to stop her lips from trembling.

 

 

‘omma… this is much scarier than that time you scold me for going home so late,’ she winced.

 

Youngmin gave her a small smirk before leaving. Jin Ae was still trembling in fear when she saw Youngmin’s broad back. After reganing her consciousness she hurried back to class.

 

‘I bet Mrs. Kim is waiting for this folder,’ she thought, running towards her class.


 

an extremely short chapter :-( i was bored in the middle of the night, so here i am, updating :D stay tuneddd !

 

-PPYONG-