"I like bad boys..."

Strawberry Cream Kiss

 

Kwangmin swore he hated putting on a sadistic expression like this. Youngmin’s expression of course. He should’ve put a friendlier and warmer expression when he’s eating lunch with the girl he loved so much, not a killer look.

 

Kwangmin glanced at Jin Ae’s long, untied hair. ‘I liked it better when you tied your hair,’ Kwangmin thought. He remembered their first meeting a year ago. Jin Ae had her hair tied up then.

 

Jin Ae munched her curry rice in delight. ‘Youngmin is pretty good when it comes to finding good foods. I’ve been to Hongdae hundreds of time but how can I not find this wonderful place?’ Jin Ae thought.

 

Kwangmin can’t stop himself from looking at Jin Ae every few seconds. Once in a while, their eyes would met, sending this electric wave towards them.

 

Jin Ae stared closely at the strikingly attractive boy in front of her. He ate his yakiniku don and subuta set quietly. ‘He sure eat a lot…’ Jin Ae thought. ‘but that’s okay. I like boys who eats a lot.’ Jin Ae could feel her heart forming this one jump, ‘I never thought I could fall in love with someone so deeply. Especially remembering the fact that we’re not close. But… I know it’s him. He’s the one…’

 

Jin Ae couldn’t hold her feelings any longer. She wanted to confess to him, more than anything in this world. Who cares if people thought it’s not right for girls to confess and it sounded cheap whatsoever. But isn’t it too fast? Jin Ae took a deep breath. She doubt if Youngmin had the same feelings. ‘Does he like me or is this a one sided love?’ she thought. Is his attention towards her an act of love? Or is friendship the thing that he seeks?

 

Kwangmin swallowed his last bite. He then drank his drink till it’s finished. “Like it?” he asked. His voice was flat, like Youngmin’s.

 

Jin Ae smiled sweetly, making Kwangmin shudder, “Neomu Johahae!”

 

Kwangmin smiled, his eyes on Jin Ae’s. ‘How I wish I wouldn’t have to pretend to be close to you,’ he thought. ‘I want you to know that I’m not that person you thought I’d be. But… will you believe me? I don’t think so.’

 

Kwangmin took out two packets of his strawberry cream candies from his pocket and offerend one to Jin Ae. The girl stared at him, flabbergasted, then laughed. Kwangmin stared at her in confusion, “what?”

 

Jin Ae stopped laughing, “I just don’t expect someone like you would eat such candies,” Jin Ae said calmly, reaching for the strawberry candy and ate it.

 

Kwangmin too shoved a piece into his mouth, “What kind of person do you think I am?”

 

Jin Ae smiled. “A guy who… definitely makes everyone quivers in fear.”

 

“So you’re scared of me?”

 

Jin Ae nodded her head, “Very! Especially that time when you caught me eavesdropping your conversation with the principal. And when you asked me to eat breakfast at the canteen together,”

 

Kwangmin raised his brow. To be honest, he didn’t remember any of those moments.

 

“But since the day we walked to the school’s garden together, I guess I’m not scared of you anymore,” Jin Ae giggled. Her face looked cute and lovable.

 

Kwangmin had a flat expression, “am I that scary?”

 

“Yes! Just ask every single person at school. I could bet the cleaning service and even the principal would say you’re scary,”

 

Kwangmin let out a small smile, “If I’m that scary, why are you willing to have lunch with me?”

 

THUMP! Jin Ae her lips, “umm… because I loved Japanese food and please, who on Earth refuses such a treat? Although you had to spend your lunch with the school’s scariest gangster… but who cares, at least you’re stomach’s full,”

 

“Bwoh!? So that’s your reason?” Kwangmin gasped, he was a bit disappointed.

 

Jin Ae let out a laugh, “Of course not you pabo! How can you believe that?”

 

Kwangmin felt his face heating up. ‘Damn,’ he cursed, ‘why do I have to look so dumb in front of her?’ “So why do you want to have lunch with me?” Kwangmin asked, his voice trembling.

 

“Um… because I like… I like bad boys…”

 

Kwangmin stared at Jin Ae deeply, not knowing what to say. Jin Ae likes scary boys? Then it’s Youngmin she’s talking about! It’s not him. He’s not scary. He’s a good kid, a diligent one who hands in his homework on time. Maybe even a puny one in Jin Ae’s eyes.

 

Kwangmin drooped his head real low. He couldn’t content his disappointment. ‘The girl likes Youngmin, not me. I’m a nobody, right? A geek who’s trying to be his twin to get closer to a girl that actually liked his twin instead of him. Damn it!’

 

Jin Ae observed Kwangmin’s reaction. She gave him clues of her feelings with much bravery, but why does she sense disappointment in his reactions? Not a single sight of happiness could be seen. ‘This is embarrassing… this is too embarrassing! I’ve sparred my dignity to say something like that and his reaction is… aish I’m going crazy,’

 

“How bout you? What’s your ideal type like?” Jin Ae asked.

 

Kwangmin stared at Jin Ae’s eyes. ‘I like you,’ he thought. A few seconds later, he spoke, “I like to see girls in pony tails, cheerful and sweet,” he said it with honesty. He pictured Jin Ae’s appearance a year ago.

 

Jin Ae smiled at his answer, then to his surprise took out a hair tie out of her bag. Kwangmin observed her actions. She tied her hair into a ponytail, and let her long bangs flow in front of her small face. ‘Perfect,’ Kwangmin thought, ‘she looked exactly like that time,’

 

“How’s this?” Jin Ae flipped her hair a few times.

 

‘She doesn’t even waste a second to tie her hair. She loved Youngmin that much, is it?’ Kwangmin sighed, ‘Jin Ae, mianhae. I’m not Youngmin,’

 

“It’s pretty,” Kwangmin’s voice was weak.

 

Jin Ae was confused. ‘Why is Youngmin like that all of a sudden? Did I do something wrong? Could it be that he doesn’t like me the way I like him?’

 

Kwangmin used all his might to look at Jin Ae in the eyes. He wanted to tell her that he’s not Youngmin. But he guessed that’s just a waste of time now. He got no hope. Even if he told her his true identity, would she still like him? No.

 

As soon as he gets home, Kwangmin swore he'd tell his brother that this game is over.