Kiss

Strawberry Cream Kiss

On the way sending Jin Ae home, Kwangmin couldn’t keep his mouth from not frowning. He couldn’t get rid of that disappointment in his heart. But he had to accept that. Kwangmin kept on taking the strawberry cream candy piece by piece and put it into his mouth while he drove Youngmin’s black Kawasaki. He got this habit of consuming the candies in a huge amount during depressed times. And now he started feeling pain in his tongue and his mouth.

 

Finally they arrived in Jin Ae’s house. It’s an ordinary house. Not to big, not too small. It got a low, wooden gate. The front yard looks neat with different flowers growing here and there.

 

Jin Ae stepped off the Kawasaki. Jin Ae’s a bit pissed because the time spent flew too fast and she wanted to have longer time with Youngmin.

 

Kwangmin took his helmet off and stared at Jin Ae who’s standing beside him.

 

The girl smiled, “gomawo,” she said softly.

 

Kwangmin smiled, “You’re welcome,”

 

Jin Ae bit her lips while staring at Kwangmin. ‘Ugh, why do I feel not wanting to go inside?’ she thought, ‘Youngmin-ah, I’m not ready to part ways with you, I still want to spend a few more minutes with you,’

 

Kwangmin his candy, “Why won’t you go inside?” he asked.

 

Jin Ae smiled nervously, not knowing what to do.

 

Kwangmin swallowed the last bits of the candy in his mouth. He was about to take another piece when Jin Ae held his hand. Kwangmin glanced at her, confused as to what she’s going to do. Suddenly Jin Ae placed her lips onto his cheek. Kwangmin was surprised. He was lucky enough he didn’t fell off his motorbike. Kwangmin stared at her, forgetting to blink since he was still in shock. Jin Ae didn’t stop until there. A few seconds later, she placed her lips onto his softly. Kwangmin eyes went pop in surprise, but he let his hand touch Jin Ae’s soft lips and curled his other hand around her waist.

 

Kwangmin could feel his heart bursting into million tiny pieces. But he is not capable of letting go of that warm embrace. He loved her so much. Unknowingly, he let his lips kiss back.

 

Jin Ae shuddered for a moment and was confused. ‘I kissed him… What the hell? Why do I have to be so dumb? Why do I have to act like a cheap girl to him? But what can I do about it? That kiss was perfect,’ Jin Ae thought.

 

‘That kiss was special too… with the strong strawberry cream scent from Youngmin’s mouth,’ Jin Ae thought as Kwangmin pulled her body closer to his. ‘He ate so much of that candy that it left this kiss with a sweet taste,’ Jin Ae thought.

 

Suddenly Kwangmin puller his head away, ending the strawberry scented kiss. Jin Ae realized what just happened and felt ashamed of herself. She felt like she did something very stupid. Jin Ae stared at her feet, stopping her heartbeat to increase. ‘God why did I do that!? What if Kwangmin hated me for that? Oh my god!!’

 

Kwangmin gathered all his courage and looked at Jin Ae. He was speechless, but he’d be lying if he said he’s mad about it. ‘It’s best if I leave. I’ll think about everything as soon as I get home,’ Kwangmin thought. He closed his eyes for a while and then bid goodbye.

 

Jin Ae looked up. She thought that guy would stay for a few minutes and did something romantic, but instead he said he’d better go back home and leave her for tonight. All Jin Ae could do was nod.

 

“I’ll call you as soon as I get home,” Kwangmin said with the calmest voice he could produce. He’s still not brave enough to look at Jin Ae in the eye.

 

Jin Ae nodded wearily, her face heating up. “Be careful,” she whispered.

 

“I will,” Kwangmin said shortly. He then flew off away from Jin Ae’s house with the Kawasaki. Kwangmin drove as fast as he could, he wanted to get home quickly, where he could think about all the things that had happened today. The things that felt so complicated.

 

 

Jin Ae looked like a depressed person. As soon as she entered her room, she banged the door and rested her shoulders against it. ‘How could I? How could I kiss him? Why do I have to do that?’

 

Jin Ae closed her eyes, ‘I did something stupid with kissing Youngmin. Gosh! A girl kissed a boy first!?!? I feel so cheap. Especially when his reaction is 180 degrees different from what I expected. It’s weird, looking at the way Youngmin kissed me. It felt like he truly loved me. Did he really think it was some ordinary kiss?’

 

Jin Ae remembered what Jaekyung said to her; boys will never decline a girl’s kiss. They will kiss back even if they don’t love the girl. ‘Damn it! But how Youngmin kissed me a while ago… I don’t think he kissed me just for fun,’

 

Jin Ae covered her face with her hand. ‘Pabo! Whose fault is it that you kissed him without even thinking? Now everything’s too late. I don’t care if Youngmin kissed me back for fun, but I have better intentions than that. I told him that I like him, love even, period!’

 

 

Kwangmin didn’t call her directly as soon as he arrived home. He threw his weak body onto his bed. Thinking what had happened today made his head hurt. It’s easy, really. Everything’s so clear now. Jin Ae loved Youngmin. Youngmin, not him. Jin Ae kissed him because she thought he was Youngmin.

 

‘What should I do? Jin Ae had shown so much to prove that she loves me, I mean Youngmin. And what I have done made it all worse! Stupid! Why did I kissed her back and enjoyed the kiss and made everything worse?’

 

Kwangmin decided to give Jin Ae a call, “Hello?”

 

Jin Ae’s voice was heard, “Youngmin? Youngmin-ah… I was… I was so stupid,”

 

Kwangmin sighed. ‘No, the stupid one was me. I knew it wasn’t for me, but I… yeah,’ he thought, “No, I’m the stupid one,” he admitted.

 

For a short while, both of them went silent, “Um Youngmin… we have to meet at school tomorrow. I… there’s something that I need to tell you,”

 

Kwangmin stood silent. “Okay,” he finally said. He didn’t know what to do. All he got now is the guilt of kissing back a kiss that wasn’t meant for him.

 

After deciding to meet at the school garden tomorrow, Jin Ae ended the call.

 

“Tomorrow I will tell her that I’m not the guy she thinks I am,” Kwangmin said to himself.