Would you be my boyfriend?

Strawberry Cream Kiss

Jin Ae held onto Mirae’s hand, clinging to it as if her life would disappear as soon as she let go. She wanted to make sure that she’s doing the right choice. Yes, Jin Ae will ask Youngmin to be her boyfriend. And Mirae said it’s not a bad idea. From her analysis, Youngmin isn’t the type of guy who’s that naïve to think girls who ask a boy out is spooky. Her statement made Jin Ae felt a lot better.

 

And then there’s Jaekyung, who hoped Jin Ae’s fate would be 180 degrees different from Areum’s, who got yelled at and in the end, she wept like a baby.

 

Mirae threw a soft punch at Jaekyung’s arms, “If Youngmin’s going to yell at her, there’s no way he’d kiss Jin Ae back yesterday,”

 

Jin Ae’s face went red, “please don’t bring up that stupid kiss again,”

 

“It’s too late, Jin Ae-yah. See, you should’ve taken my advice to stay away from that Youngmin guy. He’s a mess,” Jaekyung gulped her drink down.

 

Mirae stared at Jin Ae innocently, “It’s okay. That means you’ve expressed your feelings towards him. You have made an inspiration to us girls to make a move rather than waiting for the guy to react first,”

 

“I’m not inspired! Especially if the guy’s Youngmin. If it’s Kyuhyun Oppa… I’ll reconsider it,” Jaekyung joked.

 

Mirae nudged Jaekyung, “So what… besides Youngmin’s pretty hot,”

 

“Yeah he’s hot. But if he’s a crazy lunatic, how could Jin Ae deal with him?” Jaekyung defended herself. She then told Jin Ae about his personality, his problems and the list of his violations he did in school. And lastly, a list of names of people who got sent to the hospital because of him.

 

“I know, and I’ll accept it. No matter who he is,” Jin Ae said, “and today, I’ll tell him that I love him. Who cares what others think. I’ll end this once and for all today,”

 

“Hwaiting!” Mirae screamed, leaving the whole canteen looking at her like some kind of a freak.

 

You’ve got one message!

 

Jin Ae’s phone rang. A text message. It was from Youngmin, correction; Kwangmin. He told Jin Ae that he’s waiting for her in the garden.

 

“Youngmin’s here,” she told her friends.

 

Mirae looked at Jin Ae with her huge eyes, “wahhh hwaiting!”

 

“Goodluck girl,” Jaekung said. She gave up, almost speechless.

 

Jin Ae stood from her seat. She could feel her heartbeat increase, her breath out of control. ‘Oh God this is it!’ she thought as she saw Youngmin’s figure in the garden.

 

“Good morning,” Jin Ae greeted.

 

Kwangmin greeted back. His heartbeat, too, increases rapidly. ‘Okay this is it. I’m going to tell her that I’m not Youngmin,’

 

“Youngmin…”

 

“Jin Ae…”

 

They spoke at once. What a coincidence. The both of them laughed awkwardly.

 

“You can go first,” Jin Ae murmured, lowing her head.

 

Kwangmin shook his head, “no. It’s not important,” he was nervous, “You talk,”

 

Jin Ae took a deep breath, “okay. I’ll go first…” she said. Her increasing heartbeat made her nauseous and wanting to vomit.

 

Kwangmin looked at Jin Ae with a confused look. ‘What does she want to say?’ he thought.

 

“I… I wanted to tell you that I…” Jin Ae twisted the ends of her skirt, trying to hold her body up, “that I…”

 

Kwangmin raised his eyebrow. Seems like he knows what Jin Ae is going to say. That made him feel more nervous.

 

“I like you,”

 

Kwangmin let his jaw drop. He was surprised, although he knew exactly those are the words she’s going to say.

 

Jin Ae let out a relieved sigh. She felt so free.

 

Kwangmin was still speechless. ‘What should I say?’ he thought.

 

“Youngmin?”

 

Kwangmin looked at Jin Ae deeply, ‘How I wish those words are for me,’ he thought, letting the sadness consume him.

 

“Youngmin-ah, why are you so quiet?” Jin Ae asked, “do you… would you like to be my boyfriend?”

 

Kwangmin stared at the pair of eyes that are filled with hope. Thinking about it made Kwangmin guilty for even thinking about not accepting her. ‘Those eyes shouldn’t cry,’ he thought. He stared calmly at her, trying not to imagine what could happen in the future. Kwangmin nodded, “Yes,” he smiled.

 

Jin Ae smiled, ‘Accepted!’ she thought, ‘I am accepted!’

 

Kwangmin closed his eyes for a while, shaking the sadness away. His guilt is so huge, and it’s even huger now that he accepted Jin Ae’s feelings. Kwangmin never thought that it would turn out like this. His only reason to be here is to be closer to Jin Ae and stare at her all day.

 

“So we’re a couple now?” Jin Ae smiled widely. She looked so happy.

 

Kwangmin tried his best to create a happy atmosphere, “yeah. Of course,”

 

 

A new wonder of the world happened in Starship High: Kwangmin and Jin Ae are walking towards the canteen, together, fingers intertwined. The students could not believe the scene that’s happening in front of them. The news about the two of them dating was spread so quickly and made almost everyone choke. And now they’re asking everyone how could a Youngmin with the gangster look date someone as sweet as Jin Ae?

 

Jin Ae and Kwangmin kept on walking without even caring everyone’s stares that are diverted towards them. They know they’re being stared at and even talked at, but they don’t care. ‘God… why are they acting like this? Who are we anyway? It’s not like we’re nickhun and victoria. Or Jokwon and Gain. Seesh,’

 

As soon as they arrived in the canteen, they ordered their foods and went towards the tables, “Let’s sit with my friends,” Jin Ae said. Jin Ae took her tray of food to the Jaekyung and friends’ table. “Mind if we join in?” Jin Ae asked. That girl looked cheerful as ever.

 

Jaekyung and the others went dead quite all of a sudden. They were laughing and joking happily, but all they could do now is sit and tried to prevent their mouth from talking. Here’s the problem: Starship High’s number one gangster is sitting at their table. Jaekyung and Mirae let out an awkward laugh, while Jaemin and Onew sat with their faces 1cm away from their food.

 

“What’s wrong with you guys? Chill, Youngmin’s not going to bite,” Jin Ae said. She felt bad for Youngmin because of her friends’ reactions.

 

To melt the tense in the atmosphere, Kwangmin let out a small smile and said, “Hey,”

 

Jaekyung’s eyes went pop, followed by the boys’ choking sounds. Kwangmin let out a sigh when the four of them greeted him back with fear.