The Sweet Boy Number One

Strawberry Cream Kiss

 His name is Kwangmin, Jo Kwangmin. Kwangmin was sitting in front of Mr. Song, Woollim High’s principal.

 

A smile appeared on Mr. Song’s tiny face, “I congratulate you once again Kwangmin-ah. This award you achieved is really no joke. You are our school’s best student,”

 

Kwangmin blushed. He smiled a little, “Thankyou Mr. Song, but I think you’re exaggerating a bit.”

 

Mr. Song shooked his head, “no, no.” he said, “You are the best here Kwangmin. Look at all the awards and medals you earned. And look at this last one, a Mathematic Olympiad award? This Olympiad isn’t just some ordinary Olympiad. It was held by the best College in Seoul!”

 

Kwangmin could feel his face heating up again. Mr. Song continued on how lucky the school is to have such student like Jo Kwangmin.

 

Kwangmin sighed and smiled, “Mr. Song, you’re really exaggerating this time,”

 

“No I’m not. You are a star Kwangmin-ah. You’ve brought a lot of contribution in creating Woollim High an elite school. Thank you very much,”

 

Kwangmin stared at Mr. Song’s eyes with eyes filled with determination, “All of this is because of your and the teachers’ help. I’m happy my contribution helped the school a lot, but I haven’t done much to deserve such praises like these, sir.”

 

Mr. Song let out a laugh, “How on Earth could you say you didn’t deserve all this? You earned medals in every competition you entered. Not to mention your position as the captain in the basketball team,”

 

Kwangmin flashed a humble smile.

 

“Yes, you and your modesty have made me admire you even more,” Mr. Song stared at Kwangmin, proud.

 

“I don’t deserve being admired like this, sir,” Kwangmin spoke quietly.

 

Mr. Song stood up. Once again he congratulated Kwangmin for his victory in the mathematics Olympiad and shook his hand.

 

“Send my regards to your parents Kwangmin-ah,”

 

“I will… thank you sir,” Kwangmin bowed. He then left the principal’s office.


 

The students are filling their empty stomachs in the canteen to prepare for the next painful hours of school. At times like these, the canteen would be packed with people. The entire Woollim High seemed to be in that place all at once.

 

Kim Ji Won, Jo Kwangmin’s number one admirer sat on the canteen with a few of her close friends. She seemed to be nervous about something. She stared at the canteen door, waiting for a special someone.

 

“Aish… how come Kwangmin isn’t here yet?” she murmured.

 

“Where did he go?” Krystal asked when she heard the murmur, taking a bite of her pie.

 

Ji Won smiled proudly, “He’s at the principal’s office,”

 

“I bet Mr. Song wanted to congratulate him for winning the mathematics Olympiad!” Woohyun said surely.

 

Ji Won nodded and smiled even brighter than before.

 

Yuri gulped her drink, “I salute him. I don’t think he’s some human. I could bet he’s some kind of a demigod,”

 

All Ji Won does is smile. She has no idea why Kwangmin hasn’t make a move on her when she knew they’d been really close for these past 6 months. Most of the male students in Woollim High collected their guts and asked Ji Won out for a date but Kwangmin didn’t even give any signals to her.

 

Ji Won started doubting on Kwangmin. Is she not worthy for a Jo Kwangmin?

 

It is proven that a lot of the students stated that Ji Won is the prettiest girl in school. Not to mention her wealth and brains. But those things couldn’t help her get rid the thoughts of her being unworthy for Kwangmin.

 

Kwangmin is just too good to be true. And judging by the number of fangirls, Kwangmin’s face is above average. He’s the star of the field when it comes to basketball and the number of awards he got is simply countless. Starting from science competitions, spelling bee tournaments, sports tournaments, English speech tournaments… and the list goes on! And his parent is the number one donor for Woollim High too!

 

In conclusion, Kwangmin is a perfectly flawless human being. Every single people in Woollim High showed respect towards him, but he’s far from being someone so arrogant and cocky. When it comes to exam week, he’d sacrifice his free time to teach other students that needed some help in his or her studies.

 

Seeing his personality, how could someone hate him? He’s like a fallen angel.

 

Ji Won sighed in despair. Every time Kwangmin popped in her mind, she’d go crazy.

 

‘I think I really am going crazy,’ she thought.


 

A few students who passed Kwangmin smiled and bowed at him. Kwangmin smiled and bowed back. He spotted Yoon Bora seonsaengnim, his English teacher, at the end of the corridor.

 

“Good afternoon Ms.!” Kwangmin called cheerfully.

 

Ms. Yoon, who’s walking with a hand filled with files, nodded and smiled, “Good afternoon Kwangmin-ah,”

 

“Need help?” Kwangmin offered.

 

Ms. Yoon nodded in delight and shoved the files into Kwangmin’s hand.

 

‘Ugh, it’s pretty heavy indeed,’ he thought.

 

“Take those to my desk in the teacher’s office, okay?”

 

“Okay!” exclaimed Kwangmin, taking the files to Ms. Yoon’s desk.

 

See! Kwangmin is just that perfect. Besides all those things I’ve mentioned before, you could say that one of his hobbies is helping a friend in need.

 

“Thanks…” Ms. Yoon smiled.

 

“Don’t mention it,” Kwangmin replied.

 

Ms. Yoon glanced over Kwangmin for a while, “Are you some what happy today?”

 

Kwangmin smiled and nodded.

 

Ms. Yoon bit her lips, “Do you and Ji Won… by any chance…”

 

Kwangmin shook his head quickly.

 

‘Does happiness only resembles when someone started dating? Why is everyone starting to associate my happiness with Ji Won?’ Kwangmin thought, getting a bit annoyed. ‘is there nothing happier than dating?’

 

“Then?” Ms. Yoon asked. She seemed to be so curious.

 

“It’s a secret!” Kwangmin smiled.

 

“Your victory in the mathematics Olympiad?” Ms. Yoon guessed.

 

“Ani!” Kwangmin laughed.

 

Kwangmin and Ms. Yoon did share a close friendship with each other. Kwangmin joined a lot of English-related competitions, and since Ms. Yoon is his English teacher, she and Kwangmin grew closer to each other. And even though Kwangmin is close with a lot of teachers, but if he’d told to choose one teacher he’s close with the most, he’d pick Ms. Yoon. It’s probably an age factor too.

 

Ms. Yoon just graduated university when she started teaching. Teaching in Woollim High is her first job. So, her age is probably around 23 years old. That’s why this pretty teacher shared a close friendship with most of the students.

 

After walking towards his car in the parking lot, Kwangmin was still smiling at himself. He is pretty satisfied for making Ms. Yoon curious.

 

After that, his mind drifted to a thought that made him leap in joy. Something that no one, not even Ms. Yoon, knew about. A secret no one can ever find out!


Kwangmin took a strawberry cream candy from his pocket and plopped it into his mouth. He didn’t know why he’s so addicted to this candy. He’s not sure whether he could live peacefully if the factory decided to stop producing these candies. It could be the end of the world for him. but starting from tomorrow, he wouldn’t be able to eat his beloved candy without being noticed by anyone.

 

Kwangmin’s door burst open so suddenly that it made him jump.

 

‘This kid and his ethics,’ scoffed Kwangmin in his thoughts. He plopped another candy into his mouth.

 

“Yah… don’t even think about eating that puny candy in public tomorrow!” Youngmin warned after entering the room.

 

Kwangmin gave a pissed look to Youngmin. “And don’t even think about smoking in the school grounds tomorrow!” he reminded.

 

“Okay!” Youngmin raised an eyebrow, “remember, don’t even smile at anyone and I mean ANYONE, I don’t do much smiling in school,”

 

“And you have to smile to everyone who passed you by because I’m always friendly towards them!” Kwangmin replied.

 

“Don’t ever do any homeworks, and don’t even think about paying attention to the teachers when they’re explaining. You have to sleep, read comics, play with your phone, whatever. And remember to listen to your iPod in history class,” Youngmin went on.

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t like the teacher’s shrill voice,”

 

Kwangmin nodded, “And you have to listen to the teacher’s explanation in class. No phones, no comics, no sleeping, no iPod for history class, don’t worry our history teacher is a guy. And you have to make your home works and hand them on time!”

 

“Yea… yea,” Youngmin laid his body in Kwangmin’s bed. He then told Kwangmin to wear bright colored shoes. He told him to never wear the uniform neatly. His sleeves need to be folded and his tie shouldn’t be neat too.

 

Kwangmin smirked, “And you have to use your uniform extra neat. No bright colored shoes. Your tie needs to be tied neatly. You have to be perfect,”

 

Youngmin stared at Kwangmin, “And you have to be extra rude and put on a dark expression everywhere you go. Don’t be nice to the teachers, even the principal.”

 

Kwangmin then told Youngmin to be extra friendly to the teachers and smile at them whenever he saw them in the corridors.

 

“Deal!” Youngmin exclaimed, “And don’t forget to bring a pack of Marlboro in your bag, in case of a sudden security check. It’s not funny if Youngmin was claimed clean,”

 

Hmm… something is going to happen tomorrow and it will remain a secret to everyone.

 

Kwangmin will be Youngmin and Youngmin will be Kwangmin.

 

Kwangmin had been waiting for a year to do this insane thing. He have always wanted to snuck into Starship High and pretended to become his twin so that he could meet his crush, even though he needs to wear the uniform the “Youngmin” style and that tacky orange shoes.

 


Yay for the long update!

 

I will introduce some of the new characters in the story

 

Ms. Yoon / Bora

 

Kim Ji Won

 

Comments & subscribeeee !

 

WHOOP WHOOP! stay tuned for the next chapter <3

 

P.S sorry if there's any mistakes in grammar and spelling. i'm not a native speaker so ... ppyong !