How It All Began

EXO Division

Check out the audio recording of this chapter here by Sparrownat97 if you want ^^

 

So how did it all begin? Obviously there have always been threats to the country, but never to this extent. Ever since the rise of idol groups in the early 2000s, many beings with supernatural powers have infiltrated the industry, threatening to take over fangirls’ hearts. Therefore, SaviourMission decided to create their own ‘idol group’ of trained elites who could defeat any dangers. And here we are today, witnessing the work of the EXO Division.

-

“Boys, you’ve been called by the master,” said their manager in a monotone voice.

Twelve nervous boys stared back at him, yet no-one made a move. They all simply shifted their gazes to each other, needing someone to lead them. Their manager sighed, noticing their hesitant bodies.

“When the master calls, you should hurry yourselves over to him; remember, he is the one who brought you here for a specific purpose and that is to serve him.” He walks away, leaving the boys to scurry after him, fear pulsing through their veins.

 

 He led them to a large wooden door, ancient markings decorating the aged wood. As they entered the room, each boy let his gaze wonder over the beautiful markings, their attention grabbed by the twelve symbols that seemed eerily familiar. Before any of them could ponder over the meaning of the engravings, the heavy door was shut behind them, their manager disappearing behind it.

 

“Hello, my boys,” a deep voice resonated through the room, sending chills up all of their spines.

“It has been a while since I have seen you all, how are you?” Nobody dared to answer, frozen in fear by the intimidating figure in front of them. The man chuckled, slightly amused by the impression he had caused on the twelve young ones. Not waiting any longer for a response, he continued his monologue.

“Now, you have been training together for just over a year and I think it’s time I assigned a leader for you all; maybe then I’ll get some answers for my questions,” he said, looking at each boy in turn. His eyes rested on the last in line, the one named Joonmyun. The mature face in front of him remained steady, unflinching when their gazes met.

“Ahh, Joonmyun. I appoint you as the new leader of EXO Division. Befitting this position, I will name you ‘Suho’; the guardian of all,” smiling softly at the boy who was now named Suho. The said boy allowed himself to relax slightly, bowing in thanks.

 

“Now, onto other matters. We have decided to split the group into two, one operating in China whilst the other remains here, in Korea.” The twelve boys gasped in unison at this previously unheard of information.

“Now, now. No worries. You will all still spend a considerable amount of time together. However, the ‘Exotic’ events have spread to other areas of Asia, mainly China, and they have requested our help,” the master reassured the boys. Still uncomfortable at the news of possible separations, the boys looked at each other, not wanting to lose any of the friends they had made during training. The man coughed, gathering the concentration of the twelve members.

“Listen carefully, for I will not repeat myself,” the master met the gazes of each boy in turn, silencing their internal complaints.

“Suho, you will lead the EXO-K Division consisting of yourself, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, D.O, Kai and Sehun.” He paused as the boys mentally calculated the remaining members, locking gazes with each other once more.

“Kris, you will lead the EXO-M Division consisting of yourself, Luhan, Xiumin, Chen, Lay and Tao.”

Kris, surprised at the sudden leadership role, quickly mumbling an ‘okay’, bowing down just as Suho had.

 

“Well, I’ve said all that I wanted to… Any questions?” the master asked. He looked straight at Suho, wanting him to take responsibility for s. Coughing slightly, Suho opened his mouth.

“When do we start?”

 

-

 

After their manager had returned to the master’s office to pick up the twelve boys, he took them to the briefing room. A simple place, with 3 white-washed walls, but the final wall was covered in a painting of the sky; it was a constant reminder for the elites to forever reach for the skies and to improve themselves.

“Before you guys become official elites, you all need something that others can identify you with,” their manager said, as he took out twelve small jewelry boxes, each with a member’s name printed in curvy italics on the top. They all took their own, opening them at the exact same time, breaths hitching at the contents. In each of the boxes were rings; but no ordinary rings. The twelve unique symbols on the master’s door were the rings’ designs, silver studded with shining diamonds. Not only that, the symbols of the rings matched the one wearing it, illustrating the owner’s powers. Finally, they all made the connection.

 

A few minutes passed in silence as the boys admired their new accessories, pride welling in their hearts as they felt their worth after years of persevering through training. The voice of their manager brought them out of their reverie.

“Your first mission will be given to you tomorrow, so rest up and prepare yourselves.” He left them to themselves, closing the door to the briefing room.

 

The twelve boys remaining all looked at each other, sighing in relief as their tense day came to a close.

“So, ‘Suho’,” Kris said with a wink, “how does it feel being leader?”

“Being leader of eleven boys who don’t listen to me, sure, it’ll be fun,” Suho teasingly replied, rolling his eyes at his fellow leader’s pout.

“Well, my first command as leader,” everyone groaned in unison, “let’s goes back to the dorm and talk more there, shall we?” Suho said, chuckling at their reaction. Despite his earlier comment, everyone seemed content to listen to his words and return to the dorm, drained from the encounter with the master.