Single

EXO Division

I'm back from holiday with a double update for both of my stories! Just know, my lovely subbies, that I love you <3 I wrote four chapters on Notes on my iPhone, mostly at night xD But i had a streak of inspiration and wanted to make sure that you guys would get chapters when I get back ^^ i haven't even unpacked my bags yet :P I went straight up to my room to edit the chapters and check the wordcount :D

With that in mind, I hope you enjoy this chapter and don't be afraid to drop a comment ^^ I've shown you guys how much I LOVE YOU ALL <3 And I promise to reply to ALL (yes, all) comments that I get :D And don't be scared to send a friend request my way :)

The lady sat next to me on the plane said this,"We are all survivors of war, so there should be no more fighting in the world" and I think that is so true :) What a better way to survive than making more friends :D

~

"Bye, D.O. And Kai," Luhan's chirpy voice woke up the two sleepy boys at the breakfast table. The five couples of EXO were preparing to go out for the day; they had earned another break after a successful mission. Suho had commented, "It's quite nice knowing that everytime we complete a mission, we'll get a break." Everyone had agreed, although they were a little suspicious by the constant time offs. Anyways, while the couples were going off in dates, since only 10 of them had coupled up, there were two people left at the dorm.
"You mean the loners," teased Baekhyun, sticking out his tongue while using Chanyeol as a giant shield. Kai just glared, too tired to retaliate.
"Now, now, be nice guys..." sighed Suho. D.O. shot him a thankful glance, glad that someone wasn't teasing him and Kai.
"Yeah, they can't help the fact that they're the only single ones left," continued Kris in a very serious, leader-like tone, although a slight smile evident on his face revealed his true thoughts.
"Hyung, let's go now~" each of their lovers called out, tugging on the arms of their respective hyungs. Loving looks were shared between lovers, causing Kai and D.O. to turn away and pretend to puke in embarassment. The others chuckled and made their way out of the door, off on their dates. The pair left behind let out a sigh of relief. They had enough of the teasing, and it didn't help that what the others said was so true. They were both lonely in a crowd of lovers and were becoming increasingly desperate for romance in their own lives.


-


"So..." There was an awkward silence between the pair left behind. Neither knew what to say but both had a lot on their minds.
"How about a movie?" suggested D.O. Kai nodded his assent and they sat down in front on the TV, making themselves comfortable. D.O. switched on a random movie, something that they had all watched together a couple of times. Both boys weren't really paying attention to the movie. They were both distracted by the only other person in the room. After being teased about ending up as a couple, both began thinking about it more. Whatever thoughts that they had beforehand, intensified with the constant mention of 'KaiSoo' by their brothers.

Kai was especially affected by the constant pairing with D.O. He always had this little thought in his head that he and D.O. would be a good match.
'I mean, he's a great guy with a very intuitive personality who always takes care of me... And he's a great cook!' He had this thought constantly, although previously he had brushed it off as a brotherly love for his hyung. But now, seeing what the other members of EXO were like in love, maybe this was it.
"Hey, hyung?" Kai's voice took away D.O.'s attention from the movie, although it probably was elsewhere in the first place.
"Hmm?"
"Wouldn't it be awesome if us two really did end up together?" the question left his mouth before he could stop it. D.O.'s eyes widened and Kai hurriedly added, "you know- uhm- the whole of EXO Division would be paired off..." Kai's voice trailed off as D.O. looks away, unresponsive. Kai sighed, silently cursing his spontaneous mouth. What he didn't see was D.O.'s cheek tinged with a light rosy blush…


-


"Hyung~ I'm hungry~" whined Kai as the movie credits rolled across the screen. D.O. laughs, marvelling at the child beside him.
"And what do you want me to do?" his voice full of laughter. Kai pouted.
"Make me food~" he said, trying aegyo on the older boy.
"Haha okay, okay," D.O. gets up and makes his way to the kitchen. Kai follows him, not wanting to be left alone in the living room.
"Kai? Why are you following me like a puppy?" chuckles D.O. Kai just sticks his tongue out playfully, his eyes lighting up at the attention. Again, D.O. feels a soft blush creeping up on his pale skin. This time, Kai notices the red flush on D.O.'s face.

'Poof'
Kai, who was across the counter just a minute ago, was now centimetres away from D.O.s face.
"What are you doing?" D.O.'s eyes widened as Kai gently placed his hand in his forehead.
"You look a little hot... But it doesn't feel like you have a fever..." Kai looks straight into the other's eyes and they hold each other gazes for a few minutes.
"Uhm, Kai?" D.O.s voice broke him out of his reverie. He looked at the younger's hand, which was still on his forehead. Kai slowly moves his hand away, placing it on top of the older's,which were on the tabletop.
"Kai?"
Before D.O. could say anymore, Kai closed the gap between them, their lips barely touching.

Suddenly, their manager burst in.
"GUYS WHERE ARE YOU?! GUYS- oh..." he trailed off as he realized that he had walked in on the pair's 'intimate' moment. D.O. jumped, causing a slight tremor (his powers tend to get a little out of control when he's nervous...) and  lightly pushes his dongsaeng away.
"Is something wrong, Manager?" he asks, trying to act like he had not just been caught kissing Kai.
"Well I wouldn't say that something's wrong... It's just that the master is worried," replied their manager.
"About?" Kai asked, wanting more information.
"The master has been hounding me ever since EXO Division started coupling off. He's worried that your performance will be jeopardised due to your emotions regarding other members..." complained their manager, "and he's been pressuring me to do something about it."
"Well, technically, D.O. and I are still single," reminded Kai.
"Oh really? Then what did I just walk in on?" their manager retorts, smirking at the sight of the two blushing boys in front of him.

"Hey guys! Miss us?" Chanyeol's booming voice came from the door as five couples waltzed in, holding hands.
"Manager? What are you doing here?" questioned Suho as the boys noticed their manager leaning on the kitchen counter.
"Right. Now that you're all here, I have something to tell you. The master isn't very happy. In fact, he is very worried." Their manager's serious tone scared the boys, they looked at him with their full attentions.
"Tomorrow, you will meet the master, and he will explain to you the test he has prepared for you."
"But what exactly is he worried about?" asked Kris. Their manager looked at each couple in turn, awkwardly avoiding eye contact. Seeing their manager's discomfort, Kai decided to speak up.
"He's worried that being lovers within EXO will jeopardise our teamwork as whole..." There was a unified gasp, each couple holding onto each other with pure strength.
"I'm sure you'll all pass, and you'll all be able to date," D.O. assured all the shocked lovers. Everyone looked at their manager, looking for confirmation, but the man just avoided their stares.
"Wait, what about D.O. and Kai? Will they still do the test?" asked Baekhyun.
"Yeah, they're the only single ones left..." Chanyeol scratched his head in confusion. Their manager just chuckles, giving the said pair a knowing look, before walking out of the room.
"Be at the master's office at 9am sharp."

Suddenly, Kai and D.O. found themselves at the centre of attention, ten pairs of eyes staring at them intently. Their blushes from before resurfaced, quickly gaining attention from the curious couples.
"So... Is there something that you two want to tell us?" asks Luhan, suggestively raising his eyebrows. Everyone else giggles as the pair in front of them squirm. Kai pouts, still thinking about D.O. pushing him away.
'Why did he do that? Is it a rejection?' He thinks before poofing off, looking for refuge in his room. D.O. looks surprised that he's left alone, the ten other boys now focusing their attention solely on the nervous boy in front of them.
"Come on, D.O. Spill the beans," laughs Suho as he nudges the other. D.O. just gives him a nervous glance and then scurries off to Kai's room, knowing that the younger had teleported himself to the one place he knew he could hide.
"Awww," Baekhyun claps as they all witness D.O. entering the room.
"I wonder how long they're going to deny that they both like each other," mused Sehun.
"Well, I hope they'll confess sooner than later... They're both the only reason that the other is single," said Tao. Everyone discussed Kai and D.O.s love life, or lack of love life, before Suho brought back their attention to the impending tests which would decide their own love lives.
"Guys, let's all prepare for our tests tomorrow," advised Suho. Everyone nodded their agreement, a fire burning in their eyes. They were all determined to pass whatever test came their way. Sehun held onto Luhan's hand, twining their fingers together and they walked into their room. Tao hugged Kris from behind and led the taller into their shared room. Xiumin and Chen held hands, leisurely swinging their arms, heads leaning on each other as they went to their room. Suho and Lay were whispering to each other, preparing themselves for the task ahead. Lastly, Baekhyun was lifted by Chanyeol, princess-style, and the pair giggled as they entered their room.

In Kai's room, D.O. finds him hiding underneath the covers, an unidentifiable lump that was emitting sighs every few seconds.
"Kai, are you okay?" D.O. asks, concern evident in his voice. Kai just groans in response.
"You know they're just kidding; you don't actually have to be in love with me or anything..." D.O. says, awkwardly shuffling his feet. Kai sits up, his face confused.
"Uhm I mean- you know- to ace that 'couples' test... We don't really have to be a couple..." D.O's voice trails off. Kai motions for him to sit beside him. D.O. shuffles over very slowly, gently sitting beside the other.

"Hyung, I don't know if it's love... But I think I like you..." Kai confesses, "I don't know when it started, but every time you look at me, I feel nervous because of  weird fluttery feeling in my stomach..." He trails off when he sees that D.O's eyes are wider than they've ever been. He runs out, leaving a broken Kai frozen on the bed.