Guardian Angel

EXO Division

 

So this will be my last update for  a week or so, I'm flying off to Malaysia tonight ^^ Enjoy the chapter and comment/subscribe :D

~

“So why am I here?” Suho looked around at his surroundings, taking in the eerily familiar scene of clinical white walls; except this time, the constant bleeping and buzzing of a machine could be heard in the background. The VIXX robots didn’t stop, not even glancing at him. Sighing, Suho just continued to follow them.

Suddenly, they stopped in front of a heavily guarded door. VIXX had their foreheads scanned by a laser and then they pulled Suho into the room. Suho gasped. He saw a large contraption, a massive cluster of metal standing tall in the center of the room. The top of the machine was almost as tall as the ceiling, and Suho found himself craning his neck, trying to see the top. He felt himself being dragged along further, until they pushed him down into a cold, metal chair in the corner, a little funnel in front of him. He just looked up at the robots curiously, wondering what his purpose was.

“You will power this weapon,”

“With your pure water,”

“The machine will run smoothly and efficiently,”

“And we will have the power for world domination.” Their monotone voices finished off each other’s sentences; Suho could only tell who was speaking by the small movement of their lips.

“And don’t even think of doing anything fishy. Do not forget, we know where the rest of your members are,” threatened N, a very slight tone of menace in his drone-like voice. Suho shivered, not wanting to jeopardize the safety of his brothers.

“I understand,” he muttered, lifting up his hand to the funnel, allowing a trickle of pure water to flow from his palm.

-

“Guys, the light finally stopped.” Twelve boys rubbed their weary eyes, blinking a few times to make sure that they weren’t imagining it. They had been staring at the orb for the past three hours, monitoring the light that was moving.

“So, Kris-duizhang, what’s our plan?” Lay asked. Kris looked at each of the eleven anxious faces in front of him.

“I don’t have a plan…” he trailed off, feeling self-depreciated. ‘Suho was always the responsible one, I’m just a fake leader who has no idea what I’m doing…’ he thought to himself.

“Don’t worry, Kris-gege, we’ll get him back,” comforted Tao, patting Kris’ arm.

“I say we should just transport there, and get him back. Think about fighting back later,” said Kai.

There were nods of agreement from the other boys, and Kris took it as a sign to do just that.

“Let’s go.” They held hands, standing in a circle, with Kai in the center. They all held their breaths, hoping that they would find their guardian angel.

‘Poof!’

-

Just like before, the eleven boys found themselves in unfamiliar territory, the white-washed walls sending chills down their spines. They were reminded of Luhan’s kidnapping and Suho not being there only made it worse. Sehun gripped Luhan’s hands in his own, not wanting to let go of the older boy. Luhan squeezed the maknae’s hands, comforting the slightly distressed teen.

“Okay, let’s split up in pairs and find Suho,” suggested Kris. At his words, Tao latched onto his arm, settling that pair. Sehun was already holding Luhan’s hands and Baekhyun made his way over to Chanyeol. Xiumin and Chen scooted over to each other, taking each other’s hands. That left, D.O., Kai and Lay who made a team of three. Wishing each other luck, they split up, each going a different direction.

 

Just as luck would have it, the trio found the heavily guarded door. They hid just around the corner, carefully observing for a way in.

“It seems like you need some sort of ID to get in…” D.O. said.

“Kai, do you think you could transport us to the other side of the door?” asked Lay.

“Yeah I think I can pinpoint the location and land inside the room. Hold on to me,” Kai replied, grabbing D.O. with one hand, Lay the other.

‘Poof!’

 

“Hyung!” the delighted, but hushed, screams of his brothers broke Suho out of his reverie. He had been producing water for god knows how long and he was starting to feel severely dehydrated. Before the boys could rush over, he collapsed onto the floor. He could hear the loud thuds of frantic footsteps.

“Hyung, let’s get you out of here and let me heal you,’ Lay’s worried voice kept Suho conscious.

“Kai, hurry, take Suho and Lay and transport back to HQ,” said D.O. Kai nodded, about to scoop the leader into his arms.

“No,” Suho resisted, “what about you and the rest of the guys?” he weakly pushed Kai away.

“I’ll go get them and we’ll find a way back,” assured D.O.

“No! We’re all going together,” his commanding tone had everyone else in submission, the resolution in his mind evident in his eyes.

 

“Well, look what we have here.” The chilling voice of VIXX sent prickles up Suho’s spine.

‘No! I can’t let them get hurt!’ thought Suho. But alas, Suho had no more energy left in him. He felt Lay’s weight being pulled away, the screams of the boy piercing his ears. He saw the robots grabbing a fistful of Lay’s hair and Suho could feel his heart breaking.

“Let him go! Please!” begged Suho. Kai and D.O. held onto him, and Kai transported to the other side of the room, putting more space between them and the robots.

“Now, now. You broke the agreement. We do not take kindly to breaches in agreements.” N’s voice was heartless, stabbing Suho in the heart. Lay was still clawing at the robot, trying to break free.

 

Suddenly, Suho was taken over with a blinding rage. Letting out a blood-curling roar, he broke free of Kai and D.O. He lifted his hands up his air, throwing his head back as a torrent of water gushed out from his palms. He aimed straight for the despicable weapon with one hand; the other he directed at the VIXX robots. He had enough control to dodge Lay, his gushing waterfall parting in two. There was a loud ‘Zap!’ as all the circuits in the room short-circuited; and that included the heartless, mindless, careless robots. Suho, Kai and D.O. all rushed over to Lay. Suho got to the boy first, and he cradled the exhausted Chinese in his arms.

“Hey there,” Suho smiled, relief washing over his face.

“Hey, hyung. I’m glad we found you,” said Lay, his voice coming out in a hoarse whisper.

“Don’t worry, Kai will get us out of here and then you can rest up.” Lay hummed in agreement, still holding onto Suho.

 

Just a moment too late, the other boys burst into the room.

“SUHO-HYUNG!” Their relieved shouts brought out a wide smile on the leader’s face. They all rushed over, ready to give a bear hug to their guardian angel but they stopped in their tracks when they say a sleeping Lay in his arms. Their eyes widened, taking in the scene in front of them. The giggled like excited schoolgirls, winking at their blushing leader.

“Let’s go home,” he said, and Kai once again grabbed everyone before poofing off, heading home.

-

Lay woke up in his bed, confused as to how he got there. But before he could think further, he noticed a lightly snoring Suho sleeping beside his bed.

“Suho-hyung?” Lay called out to the sleeping lump. Suho turned over, groaning softly.

“Hey there, are you feeling better?” he asked.

“Yeah, don’t worry, I heal fast,” replied Lay with a chuckle.

“Haha, that’s good,” Suho said, relief in his voice.

“Hyung?”

“Yes?”

“I’m glad you’re back…” Lay could feel a slow blush creeping up his cheeks

“I am too,” Suho seemed to notice the rosy tint blooming on Lay’s cheek, and he too began blushing.

“Hyung?”

“Yeah?” Suho giggled, ‘Lay sure seems nervous,’ he thought to himself.

“You’re my angel.” Lay turned over, his face flaming now, shyness taking over. Suho stared at the back of the person in front of him. Did he hear that right? He let his emotions take over, back-hugging Lay.

“And you’re my unicorn,” he replied, letting the love seep through his voice. The two lay in comfortable silence, sleeping once more after the ordeal they had just survived.