The Truth

EXO Division

 

“Guys, it’s time to wake up,” a soft voice woke up the twelve boys, sprawled across the floor of the living room. Each couple was snuggled together, their limbs wrapped together. Yawns spread throughout the room like a contagious disease, and the manager chuckled at the vision of the innocent young men in front of him.

“I’m guessing none of you made it into your rooms yesterday?” he asked light-heartedly. The all just muttered a response, nodding their heads groggily. “Well, I came over to explain the truth to you all,” he continued. At his words, the boys suddenly sat up straight, staring at the manager with apprehension. He coughed, uncomfortable with all the attention. “Don’t you guys want to freshen up first?” They all shook their heads.

“I think we’ve waited long enough for the truth,” said Suho, his words hanging in the silence that followed. The manager merely nodded, taking in a deep breath as he began his long account of the reasons behind their recent calamities.

 

“The man you called ‘master’ was never involved in the true SaviourMission.” A gasp rippled across the room. But before any questions could be asked, the manager held up his hand to silence them. “From the very beginning, we knew he was a spy. That is why Youngjae was sent to infiltrate the TerrorStrikes organization.”

“And what? We were bait?” spat Kris, his voice harsh. The manager sighed, but did not deny the accusation.

“We didn’t think that it would escalate so quickly. And you were all trained to the best possible that you could be…”

“And that justifies sending us into a war zone that we have nothing to do with?” Kris’ voice was still bitter, Tao’s strong grip on his shoulders the only thing from preventing the angered man from leaving.

“Stop it, Kris.” Everyone turned to Suho, who looked back with unwavering eyes. “We accepted this job so that we could protect innocent people. What the manager has said does not change that. We knew what we were getting ourselves into.” His clear eyes bored into Kris’ still blazing eyes. But soon enough, Kris deflated, calming down his rampant feelings.

“I really am sorry,” said the master in a hushed voice, the sincerity evident in his voice.

“The only thing you can do for us now is to tell is the truth. The full truth,” Kris replied, his voice significantly calmer. It was probably due to Tao’s comforting gestures that he was able to calm down so quickly. The manager let out a sigh of relief, walking over to the unoccupied sofa, sitting himself down.

 

“The so-called master never knew the truth. I’m the only one that knows everything.” Sharp intakes of breaths could be heard as they took in the information. Their manager? Out of all the people, it was the person that they would least expect. “He thought that the government ruled SaviourMission. How wrong.” Confused looks were shared around the room, their minds working double speed to try and predict where the conversation was heading.

"So who does?" asks Sehun, his voice hesitant, carrying the uneasiness that was felt by everyone in the room.

"Not who. What." Everyone's eyes widened; it was like 12 D.Os looking at the manager… He didn’t squirm under their gaze, continuing to explain with composure. His eyes glazed over, his voice taking on a mysterious tone.

 

When the skies and the grounds were one of legends, through their divine twelve forces, nurtured the tree of life. An eye of red force created the evil which covered the heart of the tree of life and the heart slowly grew dry. To attempt to keep alive the heart of the tree of life the legends hereby divided the tree in half and hid each side, hence times is overturned and space turns obscure. The divine twelve forces divided into two and created two suns that look alike into two worlds that seem alike. The legends travelled apart. The legends shall now see the same sky but must stand on different grounds. They shall stand on the same ground but shall see different skies. The day the grounds be kept a single file before one sky in two words that seem alike, the legends will meet greet each other. The day the red forces purify and the twelve forces will reunite into one perfect root… a new world shall open up.”

 

The blank stares of EXO brought the manager back to the living room that they were currently in. Blinking a couple of times, the mist in his eyes dissipated.

“That is the prophecy that the tree told me, long ago when you boys were still scattered across Asia, and in your case, Kris, Canada,” he explained.

“But what does it mean?” asked a confused Chanyeol, furrowing his eyebrows in concentration.

“Your powers… Have you ever wondered where they come from?” There was silence as no-one spoke. They had never thought of it before… It was just something that came naturally to them. The manager rolled his eyes at the boys’ lack of curiosity. “The Tree Of Life. Or as I like to call it, Mama.”

 

~

Thank you for reading ^^ Don't forget to comment/subscribe :)