All We Can Do Is Wait

EXO Division

 

“Kai, Kris, are you ready?” Leeteuk’s soft voice broke the boys out of their reverie. For the last ten minutes, everyone had been huddling together in a giant group hug on the roof of HQ. No words were said as the wind blew around them, tugging at their hair and clothes, but the emotions that were flowing from the boys affected even Leeteuk, especially the look of sadness in D.O. and Tao’s eyes when he called their lovers.

“Please-”

“Just a little longer-“

Both Tao and D.O. were pleading, their eyes b with unshed tears. Their hands were tightly gripped onto their lovers’ clothes, refusing to let go. However, to their dismay, Kai and Kris pulled away, glancing at them apologetically.

“We have to go,” whispered Kai.

“We’ll see you soon,” added Kris, trying to reassure everyone in the room as well as the sobbing panda in front of him.

 

They took their places beside Leeteuk, Kai on his right and Kris on his left.

“Okay, I’m going to talk you through this,” explained Leeteuk as the two nodded their understanding. “Close your eyes and breathe in and out steadily. Calm your hearts and keep your minds blank.” There was silence, everyone else holding their breaths as Kai and Kris were preparing themselves as per Leeteuk’s instructions. When their breathing had slowed down, the rhythmic rising of their chests in synchronization, Leeteuk spoke once more. “Imagine a huge tree towering above you; its branches giving you shade from a blazing heat.” His voice was mysterious, just like the time that he told the prophecy. “Now focus on its roots, buried deep in the soil. In the soil, there is a beating heart.” Kai and Kris’ breathing started to become more laboured, beads of sweat breaking out of their forehead from the concentration. “Visualize that heart. Feel its beating calling you. Go to where it’s calling you.”

 

At those words, Kai abruptly opened his eyes, his mouth in an ‘o’ shape. Before anyone could ask him what was wrong, he disappeared, transporting to wherever the heart was calling him. On the other hand, Kris fluttered his eyes open much more slowly, gasping for air as he spread his midnight-black wings behind him. With a last look of farewell, he flapped his massive wings, sending a strong gust of wind towards the others. They shielded their eyes with their arms and when they looked once more, Kris was gone, a mere speck in the distance.

 

The remaining members looked solemnly at Leeteuk.

“What do we do now?” asked Suho.

“Now, we wait.”

 

~

I'm sorry that the chapter is so short, but I've just had a super emotional last day of school and yeah...

The next few chapters will be longer, i promise. This one is like a prologue to what seems like will be the last arc of 'EXO Division's storyline... I'm on exam leave now so I'll be studying a lot more, but until my first exam (10th May) I'll try to get as many chapters written up as I can ^^  After my first exam, expect updates to be scarce :(

Don't be afraid to subscribe/comment/vote :) I appreciate all your love <3