Caged [Pt. 2]

EXO Division

 

“A breath.” It had barely been a second, yet Luhan’s clear voice answered, a gentle smile lining his features. There was silence for a heartbeat, before growls erupted from the members of GROSSGENE. The EXO-M members were still too stunned to respond, rooted to the spot as the stared with incredulity at their member.

“H-How?” the previously-composed Takuya was clearly ruffled by Luhan’s unexpected abilities, stuttering in shock. Luhan shrugged, replying with a sense of flippancy.

“I solve Rubix cubes in my spare time, and my ability is related to the mind; it makes sense that my brain power isn’t something to be trifled with.” Whilst he was speaking, the six cloaked men began surrounding him and the other members, cornering the unsuspecting EXO-M into the darkest corner of the room, away from Kris. Snarls escaping their scowling lips, they continued to glare at the nervous boys, who were confused at the sudden feeling of the cold, brick wall sticking to their backs.

“Did you really think that we would give you both our new pet and our treasure?” spat Takuya, the collected façade slipping away instantly. The mannered man was no longer here, replaced by his true self; the monster that he truly is. “You should know that we vampires are very,” he emphasized the word, “possessive.”

“But you promised!” cried Tao, his eyes darting to the leader still trapped in the small cage, barely breathing. “Let him go, I’m begging of you!” He was clearly emotional, tears threatening to fall from his pleading eyes, staring into the vampires’ red eyes, unflinching.

“You weren’t supposed to get it right,” retorted Sangmin, clearly irritated that his riddle was solved so easily, his pride down the drain. “We just offer to give our prisoners what they want; so that when they fail, they have the most wonderful of looks in their eyes.”

“The despair they feel when they realize that they lead themselves to their doom, that is sight truly worth spectating,” continued Seyoung, a faraway look in his eyes as he pictures countless other victims gone by.

“Things may not have gone as planned today, but we will still be able to witness that despair.” Everyone turned to Takuya who had a determined look on his face, smirking evilly as he walked over to Kris. “Wake up,” he ordered, pulling on one of Kris’ wings harshly.

 

Tao cried out, reaching out for his lover, only to be stopped by Xiumin and Chen. Kris finally regained consciousness, the pain calling him from the depths of his mind. He recoiled from Takuya’s touch, but there was nowhere for him to run. Looking around, his eyes widen as he absorbs the situation.

“Wh-What happened?” His voice was shaky, desolation evident as he gulps down his fear at being trapped in a small cage whilst s are being surrounded by mysteriously cloaked men.

“Aww, the poor birdie can’t remember anything can he?” taunted one of the unknown men.

“Shin, shh,” said Takuya, a harsh and cold retort to the now surly Shin. “You will watch as we tear apart your members, screaming for their helpless leader to save them,” Takuya sneered, the other members of CROSSGENE finally smiling and cracking their knuckles in anticipation. Kris gasped, the horror of the image playing through his mind unbearable.

“Anything but that…” he whispered, barely audible. It took a lot for him to voice his thoughts as he’s not used to asking for help from anyone. And yet here he was, begging for his teammates’ survival. “You have me as your pet,” he said with disdain. “Isn’t that enough?”

“Suffering. That is what I want,” smiled Takuya sadistically, showcasing his gleaming fangs. The other vampires followed suit, each targeting one of the members, a wicked twinkle in their eyes.

 

“Tao.” The whisper was lost in the growls of the hungry blood-ers, but the youngest member acknowledged what he had to do. He didn’t want to have to resort to this as he knew that they still needed to know the location of the heart, but the situation was turning drastic. Breathing in and out slowly, Tao closed his eyes, regulating his heartbeat. With a sharp intake of breath, he opened his eyes. Everyone else was frozen in position, time stopping for all but him. Making his way over to each vampire, he skilfully jabbed two fingers on a specific spot on their necks, immobilizing them instantly. He left Takuya for last, his hands encircling the man’s throat. Once more, he slowed down his breathing, and closed his eyes, starting time once more.

“If you try to do anything, I will not hesitate to snap your pretty neck in two, got it?” threatened Tao, tightening his hold on the struggling Takuya. “Stop struggling and tell me where the heart is.”

“And why should I?” snapped Takuya, easily flinging Tao to the opposite wall, crouching low as he took a defensive stance. Lay hastily went over to the youngest, quickly healing him of any injuries before rushing to Kris to try and heal the leader too. Takuya, spotting that they were getting too close to his pet, decided to hurry over as well but was stopped midway. Out of nowhere, he was held up by an invisible force, pushed against the wall behind him. Luhan walked over slowly, his arm raised as he kept Takuya against the wall using his telekinesis.

“Because I have your life in my hands.” Takuya spluttered for a few seconds as his air supply was slowly depleting, gasping for air like a fish out of water. Luhan let him down slowly, but ensured that Takuya was trapped in place, motioning for Xiumin to freeze his feet to the ground. Once he was done with that, he was tasked with breaking Kris out. Xiumin went over to the cage, freezing sections of it so that Tao could send a strong kick its way that would break parts off. In a few minutes, Kris was freed, stretching his wings to their full length.

 

Kris took his position in front of Takuya, the others in formation behind him.

“Chen.” At his call, Chen sent a lightning bolt down from above, hitting the floor just beside Takuya, leaving a small singe mark. “Tell me what I want to know and no-one has to get hurt more than they have.” Kris’ voice was full of authority, any sign of weakness dissipating.

“Go to hell.” Takuya refused to give in, glaring at EXO-M. Kris just rolled his eyes, sighing quietly at the stubborn vampire.

“Last chance. Tell me what I want to know and we’ll leave.” At those words, Takuya seemed to go limp, observing his fallen comrades lying unconscious on the floor.

“Fine. The heart is in a box behind that chair.” Takuya pointed with his chin towards an ornately decorated chair fit for a king – or a narcissist vampire – and Kris saw a similarly decorated box. Opening it carefully, he saw a beating – barely – half of a heart. He shut the box just as cautiously as he had opened it and motioned for the others to follow him out.

“Goodbye.”

~

*gasp* 

I updated earlier than I promised >^-^< Hehe, I was studying this morning and felt really good so I got this chapter done in the afternoon :)

This story is nearing its end, which makes me sad because it was my first chaptered fic and yeah... But the end of one thing means the start of another :] (Don't worry, there will be at least 2 chapters left, 4 at most)

Leave your comments and thoughts below, and feel free to vote for the story :D I Hope you enjoyed this chapter <3

P.S. I love CROSSGENE so excuse their evilness in their chapter... I purposely made them more difficult than BEAST only to create some drama :3