Test

EXO Division

 

"Guys, I think it's time we leave for the master's office." It was 8.55am and Suho's voice snapped everyone out of their individual conversations. They had all gathered at the breakfast table, a rare sight to see. All twelve boys were up early and determined to give their all at whatever was thrown their way. Well, almost all. Kai and D.O. were still not on speaking terms, an air of tension hanging between them. At the dining table, both sat as far away from each other, the others acting as a buffer. This didn't go unnoticed by them, but they had their own love lives at stake, which was a priority.
"I really don't think that this will turn out well," sighed Kris.
"Don't say that. We've got to think positive and hope for the best for all of us," assured Suho, his voice firm and full of conviction. Not that it eased the tension one bit; the lovers were still as worried as ever.
"Let's go then," said Suho and the others followed him in pairs, their footsteps heavy and solemn.

They reached the familiar wooden door with their twelve symbols faintly etched on it. Suho took in a deep breath, knocking on the aged door.
"Come in," the voice of the master sent chills down their spines. They walked in two lines, each couple walking in behind the other. Suho and Lay led the way, followed by Kris and Tao. After the two leaders, the couples walked in the order that they became couples: Sehun and Luhan, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, Xiumin and Chen. The last pair to walk in were the awkward D.O. and Kai.

"Hello there, my agents," greets their master. The twelve boys bow their heads in return.
"Now, I've been a little," he paused, searching for the right word, "worried." He looked straight at Suho, who, despite being startled by the sudden attention, remained calm and composed.
"This test will determine whether or not your team will be able to remain as lovers," began the master.
"You will be competing against each other." There was a loud gasp from the boys. The master merely raised his hands to silence them.
"The test is easy. Rip off the other couples' name tags on their backs and victory is yours. Victors may continue their relationships; alas, losers will have to break up and be under constant supervision."
Suho spoke up,
"Master, please, I'm begging you, please change the test. This test will cause a rift among half the members of EXO with the other. You won't have to be worried about how our relationships regarding love will negatively affect us... It'll be more about this division's teamwork as a whole." Despite Suho's plead, the master was unrelenting.
"Orders are orders, and I have given you yours."

 

-


The boys found themselves in some sort of large room, decorated as if it was the outdoors. There was neatly trimmed grass on real soil (as far as they could tell) and a large oak tree growing far into the sky ceiling.
"This," the master gestured to the surroundings, "will be your playing field." All of EXO looked around, their eyes scanning the area. Trying not to show it, all of them were desperately searching for a way out. A way to avoid fighting amongst themselves. It didn't need a genius to figure out that fighting amongst themselves would lead to nothing but pain and betrayal. However, much to their despair, they could see nothing for miles; the greenery seemed to last forever. It made no sense. They hasn't left the building... Had they?

"First up, the newest couple against the couple in denial. Suho, Lay you're up against Kai, D.O." The master's voice was like those game show hosts on TV, a very twisted game show.
"Master, please-"
"Suho. That is enough. My orders are final." The master stopped Suho from speaking any further. He motioned for the four of them to make their way to a clearing.
The two pairs step into the centre of the field, reluctanrly facing each other. "Let the couple test begin!" said the master, his eyes hysterical with tyranny.
"Don't worry guys," smiled D.O.
"Yeah, there's no reason for us to win," said Kai. They both turned around, leaving their backs exposed to SuLay, who were just staring in a mixture of shock and immense gratitude. They walked closer, taking slow and careful steps.
"Thank you," they whispered in unison, as the loud ripping sound of nametags being removed could be heard.

The master frowned.
"Well, that was no fun." There was a short pause as the master glared at D.O. and Kai, who just looked back in defiance.
"Next. Luhan and Sehun, the one who started this whole couple thing, against Kris and Tao, who followed suit by leaving HQ without any orders to," he said with disgust. The next four walked up to the clearing, their shoulders slumped from the thought of the battle that was to follow. Both sides had unlimited determination; after all, they have had the taste of love the longest. Neither were willing to let go of their lovers, as unwilling as they were to fight amongst brothers.
"Let the second couple test begin!" The master had his game show host voice back on, satisfied with the fire burning in the next couples' eyes, their stance ready for battle.

For a few moments, there was deadly silence. Both teams just observing the other, looking for any weak spots. Suddenly, Tao straightened up from his defensive stance, clear tears in his eyes. Luhan and Sehun, as well as the other spectators, looked confused as pity washed over Tao's and Kris' faces.
"I'm so sorry, forgive me" Tao sobbed before he froze time. Everyone stopped moving around him, and Tao broke down in tears. He continued apologising to deaf ears as he made his way to the star-crossed lovers. He gently tugged at the nametags, removing them from his brothers' backs. Making his way back to Kris, Tao unfroze time and fell into the taller's arms. Sehun and Luhan looked at Tao in shock, noticing their nametags in his hand.
"NOOOO!" Their screams pierced the air, stabbing all those that heard it right in the heart. A torrent of tears were spilling over brokenhearted lovers, who were hugging each other tightly.
"Lu-hyung, I love you so much," said Sehun, his voice breaking with emotion. Luhan, too overwhelmed for words, took Sehun's face in his hands and mashed their lips together. They kissed passionately, tasting each other for what could be the last time. The other EXO members also had tears in their eyes, saddened by the loss of the pair. Kris was trying to comfort a guilt-stricken Tao, who was still apologising profusely.
Kris' "Shh, it's okay," could be heard over Tao's violent sobbing fits.

"Sehun! Luhan!" D.O.'s desperate call for the two called everyone's attention to the appearance of a sudden tornado in the clearing. Everyone crowded, getting as close as they could without being in, around Sehun's wind, calling for the broken lovers.
"Kai! Transport me in there!" shouted D.O. over the roaring winds. Kai nodded, poofing to D.O. and then  both disappeared, momentarily putting aside the awkwardness between each other. The rest of EXO stopped their yelling, hoping that D.O. and Kai could calm down the raged teen.

"Well, well," said the master with a sneer. "Things are sure getting fun and interesting. Shall we continue?"