Maknaes

EXO Division

 

Luhan’s empty stomach growled as he looked at one of the blondies munch on a cheeseburger. The said male ignored him, concentrating on devouring his meal. The door opened, and the baby-faced giant came in.

“Finally, maknae,” sighed the first one.

“Yeah, I’ll take over the watch now,” replied the blonde maknae. Luhan, hearing the term ‘maknae’, suddenly thought of Sehun, an aching throb in his heart.

‘I miss him…’ he thought to himself, thinking of the blank-faced maknae who hid a dazzling smile behind his façade of passiveness that Luhan secretly loved so much. Bringing him out of his reverie, his stomach growled, louder this time, enough to catch his captor’s attention. The blonde tower looked around; making sure that there was no-one else about. Then, he came over with a packet of biscuits in his hands, handing them over to Luhan. However, Luhan could only stare at the food, his hands tied behind his back. The blonde, realizing this, opened the jail door, coming inside and crouched beside him. He tore open the packet and offered one of the biscuits.

 

Luhan chuckled to himself quietly before accepting the offer, nibbling at the first thing he had eaten since the mission. The baby-faced maknae looked curiously at Luhan, who was now content and simply sat on the floor, not asking for anything.

“You know, you remind me of our team’s maknae,” said Luhan, breaking the silence.

“How so?”
“He always tries to hide his emotions; but the thing is, it’s always so obvious when he’s upset or happy,” explained Luhan, happy at the chance to talk to someone.

There was a few heartbeats of silence, and Luhan was wondering if the young boy wanted to leave. Just as he was about to say something, the boy spoke.

“Do you love him?” Luhan’s doe eyes widened. Love? Sehun? He had never thought of that before.

“What makes you say that?” he asked. The young giant just remained silent.

‘Guess he’s not much of a talker…’ thought Luhan. But that wasn’t the only thought running through his head.

 

Did he love Sehun? Sure, the two were close, that’s what happens when you’re with someone for a long time. And yes, the EXO members were like family to him and he loved them all. But did he love Sehun differently? As Luhan was pondering over his newly found revelation, he felt a soft bed of hair rest on his shoulders. The young boy had fallen asleep. He looked so innocent, tired from the profession that seemed to mature him faster than he should be.  Luhan found himself slowly closing his eyes, the stress of being held captive weighing down on him like a lead balloon. He closed his eyes resting his head on the blonde nest on his shoulder.

 

-

 

*POOF* Eleven boys found themselves in a place with bright, white walls, like those you get in hospitals and other creepy places like that. They hid themselves in the first room they found, locking the door.

“Okay, now that we’re here, what do we do?” asked Tao. Everyone looked at Suho, waiting for instructions from their leader. We split up and try to find Luhan as fast as possible. He quickly paired off the members: Xiumin and Chen, D.O. and Kai, Kris and Tao, Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“Lay, Sehun, you’re both with me. Let’s go.” They all went in different directions, wary of the strangely clinical atmosphere.

 

“Sehun! Wait, wait up,” panted Suho, exhausted from the fast pace of Sehun’s sprinting searching. Lay paused beside Suho, making sure that he was alright. Sehun, too absorbed in looking for Luhan, disappeared around the corner, not heeding Suho and Lay’s desperate calls.

“Damn it! Why did he go off on his own?!” Suho complained to Lay, worried for the maknae’s safety. Lay just sat Suho down to the side, forcing him to put his heads in between his knees.

“Stay like that. It’ll help the dizziness go away. And don’t worry about Sehun, he’s bound to meet up with the others,” comforted Lay, masking his own nervousness.

 

Sehun opened every door, surprised by the lack of people in such a large place. In fact, he had been sprinting out in the open and had met no resistance. How weird. As Sehun was starting to feel frustrated at not finding Luhan yet, he suddenly spotted a large arched door with strange markings on it. Cautiously, he tiptoed up to it, careful not to make any noise. He opened the door slightly, peeking inside to check if there were people.

 

“LUHAN-HYUNG!” Sehun’s relieved voice woke up Luhan, who heard his name being spoken for the first time since being captured. He blinked away the sleepiness and was awake enough to recognize Sehun’s smiling face. However, the boy’s face fell when he saw a blonde giant sleeping beside Luhan.

“Who’s that?” his voice sounded hurt, tears forming at the corner of his eyes, and Luhan realized that there had been a misunderstanding.

“Sehun, it’s okay, he’s just someone that was nice to give me food,” he explained, showing his cuffs to Sehun.  

 

Suddenly, the door burst open, and the pair turned to door, expecting BAP to capture them once more. However, to their relief, it was their members, all of them.

“LUHAN!” shouted ten excited boys, waking up the sleeping baby in the process. The blonde tower rubbed his eyes, waking himself up and meeting the gazes of eleven hostile boys. Luhan spoke up,

“Guys, it’s okay, he was nice to me…” The blonde boy beside him looked shocked that Luhan had defended him. He blushed slightly, and the sight made the other boys in the room calm down, feeling pity for the one who didn’t seem to fit in the evil scheme of BAP.

“Then, let him explain what the hell has been going on,” sighed Suho, rubbing his temple with confusion, as the boy undid Luhan’s cuffs.

 

The blonde baby-faced giant, who said his name was Zelo, told the EXO members everything. BAP were being led by a mastermind bunny, Matoki, and were brainwashed into believing that bunnies were the better species. Like aliens, Zelo saw his friends, who he loved with all his heart, transform into beings he couldn’t even understand anymore. With tears in his glistening eyes, the EXO members could not feel hatred towards the young, innocent soul who wanted nothing more than his friends back.

“Where are they now?” asked Kris, echoing the thoughts of the others.

“They left,” was the boy’s simple answer and no-one dared push it further.

“What are you going to do now?” D.O. asked, his motherly instincts taking over. “You can always come stat over at our place for a while.”
“But there’s already twelve of us!” pouted Kai. D.O. hit his head, scolding him for his insensitive behaviour. Kai just mumbled under his breath, massaging his sore head. Zelo let out a small laugh, nostalgic of their close interaction.

“No, it’s okay. I think I’ll travel the world, take more time for myself,” he replied with a soft smile.

 

-

 

The boys went back to their dorm, poofing back with Kai, once they had said goodbye to their new friend. Despite being sent on a mission to stop BAP, they only learned more about how enemies can actually be your friends. The minute they were all in the dorm, Sehun grabbed Luhan’s wrist and a sudden gust of the wind inside the living room started to form another tornado around the pair.

“D.O., Kai, aren’t you guys going to go comfort him again?” questioned a confused looking Chanyeol as all the other members chuckled at Sehun’s brave move. Baekhyun motioned for Chanyeol to lower his head, so that he could whisper into his ears. As he heard the elder’s explanation, a slow blush crept onto his cheeks.

“Oh…” was all he said. Everyone just laughed at Chanyeol’s surprising innocence.

 

Within the tornado, Sehun was still holding on tightly to Luhan’s wrist. Before Luhan could say anything, Sehun suddenly whirled around and placed a gentle kiss onto Luhan’s surprised ones. He pulled away, his eyes smouldering; they made Luhan’s heart beat so much faster.

“Hyung. I like you,” Sehun looked straight into Luhan’s doe eyes, his gaze unwavering. Luhan blinked a couple of times, Sehun’s face faltering at the elder’s silence. A hot blush made its way onto the nervous young boy.

“Sehun.” The boy looked up at the way Luhan said his name.

“I like you too,” replied Luhan, pulling the younger one in a tight embrace. They hugged for a while, enjoying the other’s warmth, drowning themselves in the new feelings. When they finally pulled away, their hands didn’t let go, twined together. Sehun let the tornado settle down, the new couple meeting the curious of ten boys. Kai winked at the two and said,

“So I guess we have two new love birds in the dorm.” The pair blushed, too drunk on love to care about his comment. The living room was filled with the boisterous laughter of twelve boys as they stayed up talking late into the night, catching up with each other and just enjoying each other’s company like always. They had finished (?) their mission despite the complications and were reunited, making their relationship stronger in the process.

 

I would say that the mission was successful, wouldn’t you?