Happy reunion?

EXO Division

 

Sorry for the short-ish chapter :( I got writer's block for a bit, even though I had planned out what the plot was going to be... The original plot had different characters and a slightly different situation, but I realized it wouldn't have fitted the previous chapters I've written so I had to reshuffle it a bit...

So I hope you'll still enjoy the chapter ^^ please comment/subscribe, I miss hearing the thoughts of you guys, the readers :( I don't know if you guys are actually liking the story or not...

~

Kai woke up to his best friend shaking him violently.

“Kai! Hurry! Manager said that you should pick up M now!” the maknae was practically screaming at him, excitement clearly visible on his face. He was beaming; his usual mask of indifference was nowhere to be seen. Kai groaned. ‘I guess this is what love does to a guy’ he thought to himself.

“Am I really just some sort of chauffeur to you guys?” he rolled over, trying to ignore Sehun.

“Do you really want me to answer that?” Sehun responded with a smirk, sticking his tongue out at Kai, before high-tailing it out of the room, barely avoiding the pillow thrown at him.

 

Although Kai had grumbled just minutes before, he exited his room, all dressed and ready to go. Not that he would ever admit it, but he had missed the hyungs of M and couldn’t wait to see them. All six members made their way to the briefing room; their manager was present and wanted to brief them on their next mission once the other members had come back. There was really no time to take a break and appreciate their approaching reunion, but they had expected it to be so; that was the life of an elite agent.

“Kai, pick them up at this location,” their manager handed him a small slip of paper with coordinates printed on it, “and then bring them back straight here.” Kai nodded, and poofed off to pick up their brothers.

-

“Kai!” the excited voices of six, well FIVE, boys could be heard as Kai appeared on a beach. Kris, being the charismatic leader he is, decided to remain calm and coolly walk over, maintaining his composure.

“Hey guys! Ready to come back home?” Kai grinned.

“Can’t we just take a short walk on the beach, please?” pleaded Tao, batting his panda eyes at Kris, who was trying to look away from his lover. Tao went closer, latching onto the taller’s arms. Everyone else rolled their eyes, embarrassed at the lovey-dovey scene happening right in front of their eyes.

“Well, I guess a few minutes wouldn’t hurt…” mumbled Kris.

“Wow, Duizhang. How in control you are,” teased Luhan. Kris glared at the baby-faced hyung.

“Shut up.” Everyone laughed freely together, taking a break like their manager told them NOT to, forgetting their duties for a few minutes.

 

After Tao’s desire to have a walk on the beach had been fulfilled, Kai held them all together, poofing back to HQ. Instead of being met with the delighted squeals that they had been expecting, there was silence and the group felt slightly disappointed; especially Luhan, who had been awaiting his meeting with Sehun. But that disappointment was soon replaced with worry. The building’s alarm bells were ringing, shrill buzzing resonating everywhere. Why were alarm bells ringing? The seven boys looked around in confusion, calling the names of their brothers.

“Damn it. Where did they go?” Kris cursed, spewing words in English. Suddenly their manager ran by, stopping when he saw the arrival of the boys.

“What took you so long?!” he shouted. Before anyone had time to respond, he quickly ran off, motioning for them to follow his lead. “Suho has been taken hostage.” Their hearts dropped. Their leader had been kidnapped. After Luhan’s incident, all of them had hoped it would never happen again and yet, their guardian angel had been kidnapped. “I’ll tell you how it happened, right after you left, Kai.”

-

The five remaining boys stood awkwardly with their manager, shuffling their feet in anxiety. Silence enveloped the room, as no-one spoke, waiting for the arrival of their brothers. Suddenly, the door burst open, revealing six robots that looked like metallic people, who would have been quite handsome were it not for the metallic sheen of their outer shell. The five elite agents became more alert, preparing themselves for a confrontation with their uninvited guests.

“Who are you?” Suho spoke up as alarms were ringing around them, signaling others of the intruders.

“We are VIXX,” came the cold, calculating reply.

“And what do you want with us?”

“Not ‘us’, but YOU, Suho-shi,” a robot with a letter N stamped on his forehead pointed his finger towards Suho, beckoning him to come.

“If I go with you, will you leave here in peace? No fighting anyone else?” asked Suho.

“If that is the condition for you to come, then yes,” another robot with Leo stamped on his forehead replied with the same monotone voice. Suho looked back it his younger members, the responsibility weighing down on his shoulders. He gave them a small smile, trying to assure them that everything was going to be okay. D.O.’s eyes widened, seeing the resolve in their leader’s eyes.

“No! Don’t go!” But before any of the boys could make a move towards Suho, he put up a wall of water, blocking their exit.

“Tell the others, when they get back, take care,” Suho said, a small tear leaving his eyes. Yet he did not turn back. He followed the VIXX robots, out of the door, to God knows where. The pleads of his younger brothers pierced his heart, but the thought that it would keep them safe if he left, prevented him from running back to them.

-

Their manager had led M to the room with the glowing orb, where five boys were desperately staring at the bright lights, focusing in on Suho’s moving light. They looked up at hearing the noise of people entering, relieved smiles melting their serious faces. Sehun rushed up to Luhan, sweeping up the older male into his arms. They embraced tightly, their longing for each other mixing with the worry for their leader. Holding hands, they made their way back to the orb, where there were now eleven boys following with their eyes, the movement of the single lone light.

 

“We will find him.”