Mermaid Princesses

EXO Division

 

It's finally up! Thank you for waiting patiently ^^ I've just had a great prom last night so I'm in a good mood and managed to finish writing this morning. Again, I made my own picture for this chapter, so please comment on it :) This chapter on M is slightly shorter than the K, only because i didn't have as much in terms of plot for this particular storyline, so don't hate me or anything :P And once more, I do not hate the girls of Mystic White, I loved their song 'Mermaid Princesses' :D Enjoy the chapter ^^

 

~

 

The members of EXO-M found themselves rocking to and fro on a yacht, courtesy of their old friend, Zelo. Chen, who was looking slightly sea-sick, was holding onto the rails for his dear life; a slightly amused Xiumin, patting his back.

“Why are we on a yacht again?” Chen mumbled, barely coherent.

“Well, when the mission brief is to deal with mermaids…” Kris rolled his eyes at the clueless Korean. Tao smacked the leader’s arm, scolding him for teasing Chen. Kris pouted, upset that Tao had hit him.

 

Lay and Luhan came up from below the deck; they were confined to the captain’s chamber to steer the yacht. Lay was chosen for the task, despite his usual forgetfulness, due to his healing ability; not that he is weak or anything, but the others wanted to keep him safe as he did not possess any offensive ability, but more of a defensive one. Luhan was assigned as his ‘bodyguard’ to make sure that there was someone who could fight back, in case anything went wrong.

 

Suddenly, the yacht stopped, an obstacle blocking their way. Out of nowhere, a large coral reef had appeared; the members of M stood in a line, tense and prepared for their unwelcome guests.

“So, I heard a bunch of boys were looking for us?” giggled one of the mermaids. Just a second ago, they had dove onto the deck, their pure white tails glistening under the sun; however, the EXO-m members noted that they were now on two feet, standing as any human would. Before they could make sense of the situation, the five mermaids came closer, winking their eyes flirtatiously at the boys in front of them.

“Let us introduce ourselves, the five mermaid princesses of the seas,” the five recited; it seemed like they have a whole repertoire planned out, thought the six boys.

“Jiyoung, of the KARA tribe, whose hair is perfect despite the salty waters of the seas,” said the first.

“Bora, the cheeky, confident one of the SISTAR tribe, whose iness is sure to seduce any man,” said the second.

“Sunhwa, the innocent girl with a fantastic gummy smile, SECRET is my tribe,” said the third.

“Gayoon, the amazing singer with a voice like honey, 4Minute is where I’m from” said the fourth.

“Lizzy, the girl next door from AfterSchool, who everyone wants to be in love with,” concluded the last.

 

The thing is, being in China and all, the whole speech was in Mandarin… which the two Korean members could not understand. At all. So, whilst the other four members were gawking at how the five mermaid princesses could boast about themselves so shamelessly, Chen and Xiumin began their plan of action. Whilst the others were distracting the mermaids (not that it was their intention to…), Chen summoned dark storm clouds, preparing his lightning for attack. Xiumin was flexing his hands, slowing down his heart rate to lower his temperature, making his ice frostier and deadlier. Giving each other the signal, the coughed loudly, getting the mermaids’ attention. They stopped their flirting, although who they were flirting to, no-one knew. Luhan was with Sehun, TaoRis was together, fingers intertwined, and Lay was just too naïve to get the flirting…

 

“So, you guys probably don’t understand a thing I’m saying to you,” Xiumin’s Korean had a tone of sarcasm but his face remained cute and angelic. Their blank stares confirmed his statement and he allowed himself a small grin.

“Chen, you ready?”

“Yeah, most definitely, hyung,” replied the younger and their torrent of attacks began. Chen sent flashes of lightning crashing down, leaving small scorch marks on the deck of the yacht. Luhan flinched, worried about Zelo’s reaction. Xiumin, on the other hand, was sending arrows of ice towards the princesses, trapping them against the railings of the yacht. Throughout their attack, the two Koreans had grins etched on their faces, feeling the power of their teamwork. The mermaids screeched, high-pitched screams echoing against the loud thunder that accompanied Chen’s lightning. They tried to escape, diving into the water for protection.

 

But to the mermaids’ dismay, they realized that they had just fallen into the pair’s trap. With a sly grin, Chen and Xiumin held hands, holding up their free hands to aim at the five mermaids in the sea. Lightning hit the water at the same time that it began freezing. The mermaids let out one last shrill scream, before the vaporized into foam right in front of the boys standing on the yacht.

 

There was silence for a few seconds, as the pair of Koreans were panting heavily, catching their breath from their attack. The other four members just stared at the two in awe, their powers working so well together. They also noticed that the two had still not let go of each other, their hands clasping the other’s hand tightly. The four Chinese boys began sniggering at the pair, who was beginning to look like a couple. They looked at their brothers quizzically, before blushing as they realized their fingers were still intertwined. But they didn’t let go, earning loud whoops from their audience.

“It’s love~”, sing-songed Luhan, giggling like little children with Lay.

“Two Korens finding love in China, how romantic,” swooned Tao, who was looking up at Kris while holding onto the leader’s arm tightly. Kris just rolled his eyes, like usual, but moved down for a kiss. Everyone else laughed at how their maknae seemed to have complete control over their leader.

 

“Well, I guess it’s time to go home,” said Kris, smiling as he saw the lit-up faces of his team. He sent a message to HQ on his phone, and the boys went below deck to just chill out while waiting for their transport. And by transport, they thought of Kai but I guess that’s what happens when your ability happens to be poofing up wherever you want to be~