Sulli's 16th Birthday

Fulfilling a Dream

- Sulli's POV -

One morning on my 16th birthday, I lay in bed, pondering about what happened over the years.

Years passed since that day where they asked me that question. I never forgot it because, from time to time, on one of my birthdays, my parents would always remind me to keep my promise when I was 4 years old. Actually, they stopped telling me as I turned 12 years old. They got into an unfortunate accident and now they can't tell me if they wanted to. Even if they don't tell me, I still keep it in my heart as something to achieve sooner or later.

After my parents died, Krystal's parents adopted me and I was so happy that they did. They are such wonderful people and they even let me call them umma and appa. Honestly, I feel like I'm related to them.... but I won't forget my parents who died.

Krystal and I spent nearly our whole childhood together so we know almost everything about eachother. It's like she's my long-lost sister or something! Even though we're not related at all, she always treats me like a younger sister even though I'm older than her... not that I mind it though. :)

As I got up, I wondered what her reactions will be once I tell her the big news... 

- Sulli's POV Ends -

Sulli got up and took out the clothes she planned wearing that day. She picked out a cute dress that was plain but looked formal.

Since it was a special day, both happy and sad for her, she just had to dress up.

As she opened the door , she hear a little confetti burst and it flew all around her. Suddenly, Krystal jumped out from the  side and started to sing the birthday song in English:

"Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday dear Sulli,

Happy birthday to you~!!!"

Sulli smiled gratefully at her. "Thanks for remembering," she mumbled.

"How could I not remember? I never forgot your birthday and I never will~!! By the way, your dress looks gorgeous on you!!" she exclaimed as she took a good look at her before hugging Sulli as tight as she could.

Both of them laughed as they let go and went downstairs together, one arm around the other person's shoulder. Soon, they were greeted by Sulli's parents.

"Hi, ladies~ Happy birthday sweetie! I'll give you a hug after I'm done making your favorite breakfast~" Krystal's mother greeted with a smile on her face.

"Happy birthday my lovable daughter~!!!" Krystal's dad yelled out of nowhere and hugged her daughter tightly as she let go of Krystal's shoulder.

"Thanks umma, thanks appa," Sulli answered with a childish smile.

Breakfast Time :3 ~

"How is it?" her mom asked, anticipating for the answer.

Sulli held out a thumbs-up. "Delicious~!" She exclaimed while she laughed a little. However, as she looked at her food again, a small frown was plastered on her face.

Krystal, who was enjoying her food so far, noticed how Sulli didn't look well. "Yah, are you okay? Why are you frowning?" she asked as she pinched her cheek a little.

"N-no it's nothing," she stuttered before stuffing food into .

Weird, Krystal thought. Sulli never stutters unless she's nervous or she's lying and I can tell that she was lying just now. I wonder what's wrong...

All four of them started to eat the delicious breakfast together, with smiles coming from all around the room.

~ Sulli's POV ~

After eating, I signalled towards my parents that I was going to tell her tonight. My mom looked at me with an "Are-you-sure?" expression and I just nodded.

I bid goodbye to my parents and went out into the backyard with Krystal by my side. 

"Where are we going?" I asked her as she led.

"We're going to go to our favorite hideout~" Krystal exclaimed with a bright expression on her face.

I thought for awhile. How long has it been since we have had that spot as our hideout? I think I was 6 years old at that time...

< Flashback >

"Sulli, hurry up~! I got a surprise to show you!"

I was curious of what Krystal was about to she me. "What is it?"

"It's going to be our favorite hideout from now on~"

"Really?" Sulli asked. "Don't you remember it was the park, then the library, then..."

"I'm POSITIVE this time! I'm not going to change it!" Krystal yelled with a sincere expression on.

"Araso... where is it?"

"My place!"

Wait, her place...? If it could be her place, of course she wouldn't change it since she lives there!!! I sighed. Although she treats me like I'm the dongsaeng most of the time, sometimes, we will go back to our origianl positions and I would feel like the older one...

As I thought about this, we already were inside her house.

"So, where is it?" I asked.

"In the backyard! Look! You can see it already!"

It was true. Even when I'm barely in the kitchen I could see a newly-built treehouse on top of the tree.

"Wow~" my eyes bulged as I was amazed at the sight. "It's so cool~"

"I know right? Come on, let's go in!"

As I went inside, I felt like it was a magical place. I'm not saying those magical ones with unicorns and rainbows, but I'm talking about when you can tell that this place was where you were going to make great memories sooner or later.

< Flashback Ended >

As I went inside the treehouse, the feeling I had when I went inside the first place, had been achieved. Krystal and I spent so many memories, no matter how happy or sad it was, in there. I sighed deeply and looked all around.

"It never changed, huh? It looks just like before," Krstal stated as we both looked around.

I don't know why, but I started to cry silent tears. I guess it might have been the past memories coming back to me, or it was that I would have to make another sad memory in here.

"Tell me what's wrong, you've been looking upset this whole time" Krystal said without looking at my face. Her back faced me and I can tell that she might cry a little.... once  I tell her.

Truthfully, I never wanted to say this to her. I actually wanted her to go with me. I wanted to spend some more time with her in high school... but I can't help it when I got a scholarship at a famous private school that can help you fulfill your dreams...

"I-I don't think... I can s-spend time with you in high school..." I stuttered. Dang it, I tried not to but I still did in the end.

"Why?" She asked me.

I wanted to tell her in an excited tone that I was going to a school I never dreamed of going  to, but the situation I planned turned a little different. Instead of smiling, I was just silently crying. "I-I'm going to transfer schools. Th-they sent me a scholarship letter."

"Where?"

"SM High." She turned around.

"What?!" she yelled in surprise. "Why didn't you tell me? When did you get this letter?"

"Last night. They want me to go there next week." I looked down, afraid of looking at her expression.

She just hugged me. "I'm so happy for you. You're finally going to fulfill your dream in becoming a model!"

I felt something wet but warm fall on my back. I knew she started to cry a bit. "I still can't believe you're going to leave me though, even when we didn't even finish one year of high school together."

"I didn't think so either." Both of us just cried silently as we thought of the other one not being there once we start another school day soon.

--

"I know you always fulfill your promises... So I'm going to try to fulfill a promise I will make to you," Krystal stated as she wiped her dry tears.

"Alright," I nodded as I listened attentively.

"When you start a new school year, I promise I will get a scholarship letter from SM High and reunite with you."

I looked at her with amazement in my eyes. "REALLY?"

"REALLY! I PROMISE THIS TO YOU! You are my best friend and I wouldn't want to spend years in high school without the closest friend I have.

"Alright, pinky promise," I declared as I held out my pinky.

"Pinky promise," Krystal repeated as she finished the promise by touching thumbs.

Both of us laughed a little to brighten up the mood and started to conversate inside our little hideout where no one can bother us.

~ Sulli's POV End ~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:) Here's the second chapter! It's a little long since I wanted to do a little flashback so..... yeah. I hope you guys enjoyed it!

I just wanted to say thank you so very much, new subscribers!!!! I know my story may not be the best, but I was so happy when I saw new subscribers before I wrote the second chapter.

I just wanted to point out to one person who upvoted this:

Syamimi_Munir, you are too aweosome!!! Even though you didn't finish reading my story, you still upvoted it! Thank you! I was screaming for joy when I saw someone upvote this already.

Anyways, I hope you guys stay with me as I write this story!

Thanks for reading~ You guys are so awesome!