YONGSEO (ONE SHOT STORIES)

YONGSEO (ONE SHOT STORIES)

Two Spoons of Sugar

 

It has become a habit for him to pour two spoons of sugar into his coffee. He stirred it slowly and sipping the fragrant of coffee with his nose. A smile spread across his lips and calmly opened the magazine he was carrying. Not long after he took down the magazine and stared straight ahead. Her Scent jerked his nose and he loved it. His eyes caught a figure who is very attracted his attention. Without realizing it he looked at her with rapt attention. He watched every moves and feels dissatisfied if only seen once. He drank his coffee slowly and enjoy it but his eyes didn’t escape from her.
 
Yonghwa very likes coffee and that’s his favorite drink. He could spend a few cups of coffee a day. A bad habit and he knew it. But only coffee that makes him able to think clearly and eliminates all the fatigue in him. By putting two spoons of sugar and he will enjoy his coffee with good feelings. Not too sweet and not too bitter. This café is his favourite café , he could spend his time for hours in the café after from his office. He is single and the view from the café makes him a little amused. But a month ago a girl caught his attention. When the first time he saw that girl was dripping with tears. She several times wiping away the tears in her eyes and cheeks. Then tried to draw breath that felt very heavy. Yonghwa very curious why she was crying. But he didn’t have the courage to approach her, because they had just met at the café's.

His eyes are still landed at that girl, when he would embolden himself to approach her. He saw there’s a man approached her first. Yonghwa sat back in his chair with disappointment. Coffee in front of him was gone and at last he cleared his belongings into a bag and left without turning to that girl.

~

Seohyun didn’t care about Minho arrival and shifted her gaze to the other direction. She saw a man who frequented the cafe had moved away but why his face isn’t excited. She had noticed that man was a month ago. He would order a coffee and put two spoons into his coffee. She is also puzzled why she noticed what was done by that man. Several times she stole to glance at him and smile will be curved in her lips. That man had caught her attention. She didn’t know why that man could draw her attention when he didn’t do anything special in her eyes. At that time she was crying because of the very deep disappointment, but when she looked up and saw him glance at her, she could see the sincerity in his eyes. He didn’t give her a glance of mischievous or abusive gaze, but the warmth that makes her felt comfortable.

"I want to apologize to you Seohyun". Minho trying to draw her attention but she wouldn’t turn her head to see him and ignore him.

"I'm busy". She stood up and put her bag on her shoulder, but her hand achieved by Minho.

"Can you give me a chance to talk?". He pleaded with Seohyun, but she let go his hand slowly.

"I don’t want to give chance to someone who has hurt me", she snapped and firmly. It was yanked Minho and he was standing before her.

"I'll leave her", he said with a very easy and Seohyun very disgusted glance at him.

"I'm just going to waste time in my life if I have to choose you to enter into my life". This time she actually left Minho alone in the café and out of the café with a very fast steps. The night air struck her face gently, and then she headed for her car. Today she promised to herself, she wouldn’t give a chance to Minho, she would makes the same mistake for second time if she did it again. She would shut off her memory with Minho and live her life without feeling sad again. At least she will not issue her tears to cry over something really stupid.

~

Proposals piled on his desk and he exhaled slowly. Tonight he will not come to the café because he had to finish his tasks, in front of him there was a glass of coffee and his eyes staring at computer screen. Tonight he'll overtime again. Suddenly, his thoughts drifted to that girl, he really wanted to approach her, talk to her, and laughed with her. It’s ironic he couldn’t do it. Why shame and pride envelop him.

"What are you thinking?", Jonghyun asked as he stood near his desk. "Wow so many proposals". His eyes widened when he saw the papers piled on Yonghwa’s desk.

"I was thinking how I could complete these tasks as soon as possible", he grunted and his eyes were already starting heavy. "Arghhhhh I'm really sleepy". He cried softly in a huff and Jonghyun just patted his shoulder.

"I'll help you with prayer, friend"

"Damn", Yonghwa cursed slowly and Jonghyun laughed when heard what he said. He also couldn’t help Yonghwa because tonight Yoona was waiting at home. He was two days overtime and Yoona always complaining because she missed her husband. It was very reasonable because they are newlywed and Yonghwa also very understand about it.

"I need coffee", said Yonghwa when standing towards the vending machine.

"Coffee again", Jonghyun mocked and laughed a little. "A very bad habit"

"I know Yoona always yelled when he saw you drink coffee", replied Yonghwa while holding a can of cold coffee in his hand.

"She's very concern about my health even though I knew she isn’t very good at cooking"
Yonghwa very jealous with Jonghyun. He also wanted someone who would nag at him if he drank coffee. Although coffee is his favorite drink, he also wants someone greets him at home when he come home from office.

~

“he's not coming ", Seohyun mumbled softly as she poured two spoons of sugar into her tea and stirred it. Her eyes turned to the usual seat occupied by that man. The chair was still empty and Seohyun felt very empty too. She always felt comfortable when that man sat there drinking coffee, reading magazine, or open the laptop. She bit her lip softly and looked out the window. That man had stolen her attention. She will feels very special when that man tried to glance at her. She had to admit that his figure fills an empty niche of her heart.


Her phone suddenly rang and picked it up.

"Hello"

"Hello Seohyun". Seohyun frowned for a moment and then heard a very familiar voice in her ear.

"Yoona?"

"Ahhh finally I could reach you, I called Hyoyoen and Tiffany to be able to get your number", she said, laughing softly.

Seohyun smiling, happy she could hear her voice again. Yoona decided to study in London and since then they lost contact. "I'm so glad you called me Yoona". Happiness on her face.

"I want to tell you something"

"What's that?"

"I'm married Seohyun". That sentence was made Seohyun silent. She smiled slightly when heard that, she couldn’t lie to herself if she wanted a wedding in her life. Even her friend who study abroad has found her soul mate and married. She wanted someone who would always accompany her in sadness and happy, love her with all heart without feeling hurt. She encouraged herself to not complain about her life every day.

"I will visit you Yoona, give your address to me", she said later.

"Oh Seohyun my husband had gone home. I'll send you message okay ". Her voice was very cheerful in her ear. Well she hoped she would find her soul mate immediately.

~

Café was already closed when Yonghwa’s car passed it. It was after 2 am and he saw café's large windows. That girl would choose to sit near the window and his eyes would look at the outside. He was desperate to see her again. But could that man who met her yesterday was her boyfriend? Sigh softly out from his mouth and drove his car toward to his house.

The next day Yonghwa eyes widened when he saw the proposal piled on his desk again. Bekah just shrugged and smiled, holding up her thumb. Aigoo, he hates to work overtime. Huff, he landed his back in his chair and began to concentrate on his work.


Seohyun stared at the empty seat with no enthusiasm and looked out the window. Longing crawled her heart. She wanted to see him again but why he never appeared again? She drank her tea quickly and then issue her phone. She read a message from Yoona who asked her to meet on Friday.

~

Tomorrow is weekend, Yonghwa feel very happy because today he is free from overtime. When standing in front of the elevator, Jonghyun tapped his shoulder from behind.

"Hi Yonghwa, not overtime today?", Asked Jonghyun.

"De, I'm free today", said Yonghwa smiling.

"That's good, go rest in the weekend", said Jonghyun when they entered the elevator. "My car in the machine shop today," he said suddenly changing the topic of conversation.

"In the machine shop?" So you went to the office by taxi?"

"De, I have to go home early. My wife’s friend comes to my house today and my wife wants me to meet her".

"What if I drive you home?", Asked Yonghwa offering a ride.

"Oh, sincha? Gumawo chingoo", Jonghyun said with a grin.

Yonghwa drove his car and stopped in front of Jonghyun’s house.

"You should come to my house Yonghwa". Jonghyun asked him to get into his house.

"Maybe next time Jonghyun. I want to lay my body on the bed," replied Yonghwa holding his stiff neck.

"Alright, but next time you have to go to my house. Thanks Yonghwa". Jonghyun out from his car and immediately entered the house. When Yonghwa drove his car he saw a red car parking in front of Jonghyun’s house. Then he drove his car and passed the café that he frequently visited. At first he wanted to get home, but eventually he stopped in front of the café and entered into it. He ordered coffee and sat in the place where he sat.

"She’s not coming today", he murmured softly, glancing at the chair that’s often occupied by that girl. The waiter brought him a cup of coffee. The coffee was very important for Yonghwa, but he felt his heart was empty. The chair still empty until a couple sitting in that chair. Yonghwa sighed and drank his coffee slowly. His body was very tired and he needed a rest, but he would wait for that girl. He just wanted to see her face.

"Okay 10 minutes". He said quietly as he took his pancake. But 10 minutes had passed, his eyes very tired and sleepy. He had to get home and finally he moved from his seat. Maybe today he can’t meet with her and expects a miracle from God. He had to admit if he is very interested with that girl.


Seohyun hugging Yoona and smiling very happily. "I'm glad to see you again. I wanted to come to the wedding, but it was too late ". Seohyun pouted her lips and Yoona smiled at her.
"Seohyun sorry", she said in a low tone.

"I hope Seohyun-sshi can often visit here and accompany Yoona". Jonghyun embraced Yoona’s waist and Seohyun saw it. The jealousy attacked her heart. Yoona, her friend had found her soul mate.

"I should be home soon", said Seohyun and waved as she walked toward her car.


Yonghwa out from the café and walked to his car. Today he should go home and rest. Overtime for 2 days exhausted him, sometimes he missed his parents in Busan. Already 6 months he didn’t return to Busan, he spends all his time in Seoul. His mother always insinuating him when he will marry so worry disappear from her feelings. She knew his habit to drink of coffee. Yonghwa immediately drove his car to his house.


Seohyun car stopped in front of the café. "Oh my god, why I want to see him?". She paused and bit her lower lip. Hyoyoen shook her head when Seohyun told her what she feels.

"You two only glance each other?", Asked Hyoyoen and she laughed when Seohyun nodded. Then she angrily hit Hyoyoen’s arm slowly and was embarrassed by what she had told to Hyoyoen. "Aw, but it's very funny Seohyun"

"I don’t know how I could talk to him"

"Approached his table and dispose your shyness". Hyoyoen gave her a suggestion but Seohyun shook her head.

"What if he just glances at me Hyoyoen? Is he interested in me? I don’t know Hyoyoen ". She looked down and played a straws in her drink.

"Aigoo Hyunnie, if he always glances at you quietly, he likes you Hyunnie. He didn’t dare to approach you? aigoo that guy". Hyoyoen get very exasperated with that man who is told by Seohyun.


Seohyun came into the café and circulated her view into every corner of the café, but that man wasn’t there. She became very confused, why her heart very empty if she didn’t meet him? Her feeling churned and she finally stepping out from the café. "can I see him again?"

~

The sound a phone suddenly rang in the middle of the night woke Yonghwa who was already asleep. He frowned and opened his eyes slowly. Yonghwa raised his hand and grabbed a phone in place on the table beside his bed.

"Hello", the Yonghwa’s voice was still sleepy and hoarse.

"Oppa"

"Hng?". Yonghwa immediately saw his phone screen. "Jessica?"

"De, oppa"

"Why are you calling me at midnight?". Yonghwa woke up and leaned his back against the headboard.

"Oppa, appa in the hospital he get a heart attack. You must immediately come Oppa. Omma very worried ". Jessica's voice seemed to want to cry.

"What?". Yonghwa very shocked. "I'll be home soon to Busan tomorrow morning". He looked very worried and like losing his mind to think.

"I'll wait for you Oppa, good night Oppa"

"Good night Jessica, give my love to Omma"

"De Oppa, bye"

"Bye"

Yonghwa didn’t continue his sleep and woke up from his bed. He pulled out his suitcase from the closet and put some clothes into a suitcase. His father was a businessman in Busan. Yonghwa decided to work in Seoul for work experience and didn’t want to depend on their parents. After he had enough experience, he will return to Busan to succeed his father in the company.

Tomorrow morning, Yonghwa already at the airport. He was pensive for a moment on a chair, he will meet her again or not? Since that day he never saw her again.

Seohyun tried to concentrate on her work. But her mind drifted to that man who frequently she sees in the café. Why she could feel very comfortable and warm when she saw him. She didn’t even know who he is, whether he's a good people? Is he a playboy like Minho? In the night Seohyun came again to the café, but that man wasn’t there.

~

Yonghwa sank on the couch after hearing his mother's request. She asked Yonghwa to live in Busan and succeeded his father in the company. He was confused and didn’t know what to say. He was still thinking about what the best decision, Jessica sat next to him. She glanced at Yonghwa who still silent. Jessica then patted his shoulder gently.

"Oppa". Yonghwa turned his head and looked into Jessica’s eyes then looked away again. His brain is working hard to think. Jessica caught something strange in his eyes. "Tell me what's bothering you?"

"nothing Jessica. I just was thinking what would I do if I have to replace Appa in the company". Yonghwa sinking with his mind.

"Oppa be yourself. Oppa I'm sure you can do it. I know this is very sudden for you, but we need you Oppa". She tried to encourage Yonghwa. "But I feel there are something hidden by you Oppa". She tried to provoke Yonghwa to say the truth.

"Hmng?". Yonghwa somewhat jolted by that question.

"Oppa can’t lie to me. I know Oppa is thinking someone in Seoul". Jessica smiled mischievously and her eyes showed she was very interested if Yonghwa already has a lover.

"Aigoo, why you ask that?"

"Hmm, I'm just curious Oppa"

"Okay my sister, thanks. I'm very sleepy ". He wouldn’t answer Jessica’s question and avoid it by moving from the couch and into his room.

~

2 months later

"Busan". Seohyun eyes almost came out and looked at Hyoyoen with the stare of disbelief. "Why we have to go to Busan? We are going to Jeju Hyoyoen", she asked with irritation. Hyoyoen little frightened with Seohyun’s angry but she had no choice.

"Jungshin took me there to see his parents and I don’t want you to be alone on vacation in Jeju," she replied uneasily, and her hand reached for her hand. Seohyun turned her face from Hyoyoen and drew her breath. For one answer, she really wanted a vacation to Jeju island, but what she had planned suddenly change. She can’t be with Tiffany for vacation, because she was in America. Then she thought about her parents and sighed softly, her parents were in Singapore to meet with one of their relatives there.

"I really don’t want my plan ruin and you have been ruffled my plan successfully Hyoyoen", she said, her voice sharp and she was very upset.

"Please Seohyun, don’t be mad at me". Her face was so pitiful and pleading but Seohyun already angry and eventually she didn’t answer anything. She was silent and only stirring her drink with a straw.

"Seohyun, I'm begging you. You know my relationship with Jungshin is getting serious". This time Hyoyoen really put a face pitifully. "Don’t be mad at me Seohyun I beg". She tried to persuade her. "You will never regret to go to Busan"

Seohyun glanced at her and thinks for a moment. She saw the seriousness in her eyes and tried to throw her ego. Hyoyoen loves Jungshin. Sometimes she is very jealous saw their romance. Sigh softly always out of whenever saw her friends already have their soul mate. "Okay"

Hyoyoen smiled broadly and hugged her. "I am very grateful to you Seohyun", she said, jumped excitedly from her seat.

~

Yonghwa stepped out from his room. He wanted to breathe the fresh air and decided to go to the heundae beach. He looked at himself in the mirror and slowly exhaled his breath. Seeing him slowly been changing little by little, he had succeeded his father in the company and really miss living in Seoul. Café and that girl always remembered in his head. Her face was also recorded still clearly in him. He turned around and pulled the car keys from his pocket and walked toward the garage.


Seohyun put the book suddenly in her lap. She was bored in the hotel room alone. She didn’t come with Hyoyoen to Jungshin’s home because she didn’t want to disturb them. Seohyun looked out the window and saw the heundae beach. She stood up and approached the window. Her eyes sparkled at the sight of the beach and smiling at the thought of something. Seohyun changed her clothes, put on simple make-up and she smiled sweetly when saw her face in the mirror. She immediately took her bag and her clothes are very casual because she will spends her time walking along the heundae beach.

~

Yonghwa parked and got out from his car when reached the near heundae beach. The cool breeze on his face and he could smell the refreshing sea air. He walked to the beach and his eyes are not separated from the the beautiful scenery in front of his eyes. 2 months in Busan, but he didn’t have time to stopping there. Before reaching the beach his eyes saw a café not far from the heundae beach. He wants to drink coffee before heading to the beach and finally into the café. He calmly sat in a chair overlooking the scene outside the café.

"You want to order something?"

"Coffee please and just two spoon of sugar", he said with a small smile and slowly exhaled his breath.


She paused and immediately threw her eyes to the side. She saw him, her lips began to swell and relief possessed her. She held her phone tightly and her eyes were still staring at him. "Look at here", she whispered hopefully.


Yonghwa turned to the side slowly and his eyes caught a pair of eyes which he knew. The silence over him and he didn’t know what to do. Their eyes met and cleared his throat several times when saw her. He didn’t believe what he saw. God granted his request. Smile on his face and he also smiled when looking at her. Yes, they recognized each other.

~

The fresh air surrounded them. A vast ocean lies in front of them beautifully. They stood side by side and their eyes staring at the beautiful sea.

"I don’t believe to see you here", said Yonghwa, he couldn’t hide his happiness.

"Me too", Seohyun replied quietly then glanced at him and she saw Yonghwa a big smile and her face blushed, he lowered his head.

"This the first time I go to the heundae beach", Yonghwa said as he straightened up and raised his head.

"Sincha?"

"De"

"I grew up in Busan but this is my first time to the heundae beach with you"

Seohyun immediately turned her head to him when she heard his words. That sentence is very cheesy but her face flushed and a smile couldn’t disappear from her face. Warmth enveloped her slowly but sure. Until at last she felt a warm hand touching the palm of her hand and clutching her hand. Seohyun didn’t release the grip, she also wanted a warm hand touched her soft skin. Yonghwa turned to face her and Seohyun gave him a sweet smile.

~

Seohyun seriously looked into her laptop and still didn’t move her right hand from the mouse. Yonghwa idly flipping through a magazine in his hand and then he glanced at Seohyun are still busy with her business.

"Aigoo weekend", he said suddenly with a long sigh that made her glanced at him. A smile tugged at her lips. "weekend Seohyun"

"I Know"

"So"

"So"

Seohyun stopped her activities and glanced at her husband with a mocking glance. Slowly she shifted her body to approach him who is sulking. "Oppa", she whispered in a seductive voice.

"Hmm". His eyes were still staring at the magazine and didn’t realize if Seohyun only a few inches away from him.

"Oppa"

Yonghwa eventually turned and saw her eyes sparkling staring at his face. Mischievous smile slowly appeared in his lips. His hands moved slowly toward to her waist and arms around her.

"Coffee with two spoons of sugar". With a happy smile on his face and nodded.

"No", that answer made him frowned. "I will replace it with this". She gave him a sweet kiss and sat in his lap.

“coffee please”. He begged to her, she shook her head. Her hands playing with his shirt.

“with two spoons of sugar”, she whispered in his ear and pressed her body against him. His hands wrapped her waist.

Two spoons of sugar for them like full of love. They hope God always give them the blessing every day for their love. They didn’t know each other for the first time but now they know each other and incised their love story in the diary of their life.