New Man

Half Angel

 

You woke up and found yourself on your bed. You looked to your clock and you got shocked. You’re late! You hurriedly washed your face and brushed your teeth, changed your clothes to your uniform and put your books into your bag. Then you went out from your room and saw your parents and your sister having a breakfast.
“~~~, come here quickly… have a breakfast!” your mom shouted to you but you were busy tying your shoelaces.
 
“no, eomma, I’ll be late…” you approached your mom and kiss her cheek and you did same to your dad. “bye, eomma” you said as you ran and went out the house.
 
“be careful and don’t forget to eat!” you heard your mom shouted again from afar.
 
You ran to your school since it was just 2 blocks away from your apartment. You hoped that you won’t be late. But suddenly you bumped to someone accidentially.
“aish!” you got up and then looked to a boy getting up and cleaning himself from street’s dust. “I’m sorry” you said to him and you hurriedly continued your way to school because it was only few minutes more until your school’s gate will be closed.
 
“hey, wait!” that shouted to you but you ignored him. You really don’t want to be late and get scolded by teacher, so you kept running.
 
Finally, you reached your class safely. You weren’t late and the teacher didn’t come yet. But, not long after you had your breath back, the teacher came in.
 
“good morning, class… please be quite. You’ll have new classmate. I hope you can treat him well. Come on, kid, come in…” your teacher said in front of class, then he waved his hand to the newbie outside the class, asked him to come in. A boy came into your class, and suddenly all girls in your class went noisy, talking about that boy handsomeness. But you felt you had seen that boy before, but you were unsure when and where.
 
“annyeonghaseyo… I’m Yoo Youngjae, please treat me well…” he said as he bowed himself in front of the class.
 
“okay, Youngjae, you can sit back there” the teacher pointed to a seat behind yours. So Youngjae will sit behind you.
 
“kamsahamnida, sonsaengnim…” he bowed to the teacher and he walked to his seat. You kept your look at him. Your eyes were following his figure until he sat.
 
“okay class, put out your book and open page 124” and a boring class was begun. Suddenly you felt something touched your shoulder from your back. You turned face, and saw Youngjae was smiling to you and gave you his hand. You shook his hand and smiled back to him.
 
“I haven’t had say sorry to you” he said, confused you. What was he sorry for?
 
“what for?” you asked him unsurely.
 
“for bumping onto you this morning…” he said and he smiled again. You began to realize that this boy was so handsome.
 
“aahhh… so, that was you hahaha” you tried to low your voice so the teacher couldn’t hear you.
 
“you didn’t remember my face?” he asked shockly, like noone could forget his face.
 
“I was in rush, I didn’t even take a look to your face. Sorry…” you said.
 
“I’m the one who should be sorry… for blocking your way.” this guy really had a good sense of humor.
 
“yeah, like we weren’t going to same place.” You turned your face back to the board and tried to pay attention to the teacher. 
 
“by the way, what’s your name?” he whispered, right behind your head.
 
“I’m Park ~~~” you answered.
And he didn’t bother you again.
 
But you couldn’t focus. You were wondering about something. You heard a voice in your mind saying ‘I’m giving you a miracle’ and it kept repeating in your mind. You didn’t remember why that voice was messing in your mind. You didn’t remember where it come from and whose voice was that.
 
You didn’t realize that class was over until Youngjae called you.
“hey, ~~~… Park ~~~” he said as he waved his hand in front of your face. “I thought you paid attention to what our teacher was teaching about, but actually you were daydreaming, tsk tsk…” he said teasing you.
 
“yah! Yoo Youngjae, that’s not your problem” you glared at him laughing at you.
 
“yes, I know. My problem is, I’m hungry but I have no friend to go eat with…” he said as he rubbed his stomach.
 
“but there are a lot of girls who want to eat with you” you pointed at the girls in the class watching at Youngjae with your chin.
 
“I think I should tell you what my point is, exactly. I want you to go eat with me, come on!” he said as he grabbed your hand and dragged you to the cafetaria. You didn’t even bother to refuse him.
 
But you still heard that voice in your mind. You were going crazy because of that voice.