Painful Truth

Half Angel

"w…what did you say?" you stuttered, shocked by Sunhwa's word. You hope that Sunhwa just told you a joke.

 
“didn’t Jongup tell you anything?” you shook your head. Didn’t understand what she just said. It just didn’t make sense. Why would you lose your memory? How could she know about future?
 
Sunhwa sighed. “I’m sorry, but I have to tell you this. But after the baby’s born, you will lose your memory. Not all of your memories, just memories about us,” she said sadly.
 
“about us?” you asked, didn’t sure about what she said.
 
“yes, about your relationship with Jongup, about Himchan and Zelo, about me and Hyosung unnie, and mostly, you’ll forget about Jongup. Eventhough you accidentially meet him later, you won’t recognize him” she added, made you afraid. You didn’t want that to happen.
 
“and the baby?”
 
“your baby will be living with us, while you go back to your old life, have your good relationship with your family again” what Sunhwa said, made you sad and happy at the same time. You’ll lose your child but you can go back to your family and live a normal life again.
 
“but why should I lose my memories? Can I ask to keep my memories instead?” you asked uneasily.
 
“it’s one of our rules. Angel’s rules. That’s all I could say” Sunhwa smiled to you, but you still can’t calm. You didn’t even know how you were feeling.
 
“but I don’t want to forget… I just wanna be like this forever…” you said in shaky voice. Your eyes were teary.
 
“you better talk about this with Jongup, I hope there will be a better solution for you” she said to you and held your hands. “I hope you could stay, I don’t want to lose my only little sister”
 
“ah,  unnie, you make me sad. Don’t say such thing like that. You won’t lose me, because I want to be by your side all the time” you hugged her, tried to find a peace in her.
 
“I think Jongup don’t want you to go too. Maybe that’s why he didn’t tell you about this. Although this rule can’t be change nor give you an exeption.”
 

“I’m home, baby” you heard Jongup’s voice from downstairs. You got up from your bed and walked to welcome him.

 
“aaahh, jagiyaaaaa… I miss you” you hugged him tightly. He was surprised by your action.
 
“yah, ~~~ was I going that long? I just left this morning…” he said, jokingly and flicked on your head. “what’s wrong?” he asked as he knew something wasn’t right with you.
 
“what do you mean ‘what’s wrong’? I didn’t say anything” you were pretending that nothing happened when actually you were worrying a lot about what Sunhwa said to you.
 
“don’t you ever think that I don’t know you very well, baby. I know when you’re worried. And now, what are you worrying about?” he looked deep into your eyes. You didn’t know what to say. You didn’t know where to start.
 
“can we go to my room first?” you held his hand and walked with him to your room after he nodded agreedly.
 
“well…” you spoke as you and Jongup in your room, sitting on your bed. “Sunhwa unnie told me something… she said... that I’ll lose my memories when this baby’s born…” your voice was shaky and you were afraid to see Jongup’s face.
You both were in silent. But then Jongup hugged you tightly, too tight until you barely could breath. And you cried.
 
“I don’t want to lose you… I don’t want to forget about you… I just want to be with you forever…” you said, stuttered because you were crying and Jongup was still hugging you.
 
“me too, ~~~… but I can do nothing about this. I just can’t do anything against the rule, baby. I don’t want to lose you…” he said in pain. Made you burried your face on his chest. Made his shirt wet of your tears. “I love you too much, baby” he cupped your face and then kissed your lips softly and sweetly. Like there won’t be another day.
 
 
 
But suddenly you felt so much pain in your stomach. Your stomach was like twisting everything in it.
 
You tried to hold the pain, not showing it to Jongup.
 
"Jagiya, I have something to askナ" you said to Jongup. You bit your lips to hold the pain.
 
"what is it, baby?" he caressed your cheek.
 
"I want our baby's name is Moon Jeong Ae" you said and smiled. Your face were going pale and your body was covered in cold sweat.
 
"that's a beautiful name... just like our baby..." he looked into you and realized that something was wrong. "hey, baby, what's wrong? Why are you so pale? Baby?" he said worrily, patted your cheek softly. But you started to lose your consciousness.
 
"and never let me go" then suddenly everything went dark for you.