"Would You Be..."

Half Angel

 

It was all white. And you were running without any direction. You kept running, you felt that something was coming after you. You were in long-white-silk-dress. Your hair and your dress were blown by the wind. But you suddenly stopped and something came right in front of your face. You held your breath.
 
But then you woke up.
 
You thought that dream was real. Because you still could sense that someone or something was there. It’s scent still lingering in your room.
You tried to sleep again, but you couldn’t. You rolled over your body, right and left, yet you still couldn’t sleep. You looked at your alarm clock, it showed 2.20 AM. You grabbed your phone and did random things. And suddenly your eyes caught something, Youngjae’s phone number. You started to hesitate to call him or not.
 
And you pressed call button. 
After few minutes hearing the dial tone, you heard his voice.
 
“hello…” a husky voice came from your phone.
 
“Youngjae-aaah…” you called him, hesitantly.
 
“yah, ~~~-ah… what is it? Why did you call me at this hour? Why are you not sleeping?” his sleepy voice mixed with a worried tone.
 
“I can’t sleep… I’m sorry, Youngjae… I’ll call you later. Go to sleep, babo” you felt so guilty to call him that late. You should know that he definitely was sleeping.
 
“yah! Yah! Don’t hang up! Let’s talk… I’m awake now” he said, almost shouted from over the line.
 
“no, Youngjae… you better go to sleep again” you said to him, feeling uneasy.
 
“look, ~~~-ah… you called me, and I took your call, now you have to tell me why you call me this late,” his voice became more sweet.
 
“I just can’t sleep…”
 
“why? Is something bothering you?”
 
“I don’t know… I just had this weird dream, and now I can’t sleep…” you finally told him.
 
“was it a nightmare?” he asked you patiently.
 
“I think it wasn’t… I just thought that it was…” you hung your words.
 
“what was it, ~~~?” he became curious of your dream.
 
“I don’t know, I can’t remember… I just feel uncomfortable because of that dream” you sighed, felt a bit upset. How could a weird dream affect you that much?
 
“what if I sing you a lullaby? So you can sleep?” he offered you sweetly, and you got shy.
 
“aish, Yoo Youngjae… you don’t need to do that. I’m fine now, and tomorrow is Sunday, so I can sleep all day long hahaha” but, after you finish your words, he started to sing a lullaby for you, with his sweet voice. You got more relaxed, and without knowing it, you fell asleep.
 
 
Next morning…
 
You were still sound sleeping, but the sun had risen few hours ago.
You woke up and found someone was sitting on the edge of your bed. You rubbed your eyes and then you could see that person clearly. That was Youngjae.
 
“good morning, ~~~… I bet you just had the best sleep in your life” he said, smiling for himself.
 
“yah! Yoo Youngjae! What are you doing in my room?” you hit him with your pillow. You were so embarassed. How could he see you when you just woke up? You were in your worst state, with that messy hair and crumpled pyjamas.
 
“I wanna see your face. I was worried about you” he said, made your face blushed.
 
“why should you worry about me?” you hit his arm, softly. Still didn’t dare to look at him.
 
“did you forget? You called me last night! Of course I’m worried… what if you had another nightmare? So I have to be here to make sure that you could sleep well…” he brushed your hair with his finger.
 
“are you kidding me? How long have you been here?” you asked him, surprised by his words.
 
“ermm… since the sun was about to rise” he said plainly. Like it was a normal act.
 
“yah! Are you serious?” so he was watching you in your sleep for long enough.
 
“I am…” he smiled, made you more embarassed.
 
“and eomma let you come in?” you asked him again, you still couldn’t believe him.
 
“of course… I and your eomma made a really good friend” he grinned.
 
“yah! You embarassed me, you know? How could a boy see a girl in this state? It’s so embarassing” you said as you cover your face with your blanket.
 
But then he grabbed your wrists and pulled the blanket, so your face was showed up.
 
“would you be my girlfriend?” he said with a deep and sweet voice. His eyes was locked into yours. It took awhile for you to think and came back to your senses. To realize that it wasn’t a dream.
 
And you nodded.
His face became brighter, and a big smile was drawn on his face.
 
And then, he kissed you…
 
But your body froze. When you realize that, the feeling when Youngjae was kissing you, is the same feeling you felt last night, when you were in your dream.
You realized someone was kissing you in your dream. And you knew you were happy about it too.