An Ending for A New Beginning

Half Angel

 

“congratulation for your pregnancy, ma’am” said the doctor with smile on her face, but you were shocked.
“are you sure that I am pregnant, doctor?” you asked a silly question which made the doctor frowned. Her expression changed into worried.
“yes, of course, ma’am. You have 2 months baby in your tummy. How could I lie to you? This is a good news, isn’t it?” said the doctor without knowing your mind at all.
“yes, it is…” you answered in a doubt. But the doctor didn’t notice.
“so, where are your husband? Why did he let you to go check all by yourself?” the doctor seemed confused because nobody accompanied you while you’re pregnant.
“I’m not married yet, doctor” I was sure that was a surprise for the doctor. “well, thank you doctor” the doctor nodded as you excused yourself from her room.
 
You didn’t know how to explain this news to your parents, to Jongup, your boyfriend. Your parents would be angry as hell if they knew that you’re pregnant. You started to cry but you wipe it quickly before people saw you.
You finally reached your apartment, where you lived with your family. As you opened the door, you saw your father reading a newspaper and your mother knitting.
“so, how was it? Are you sick or something?” your mom asked you a question you don’t want to answer. She looked at you and your father put down his newspaper.
“umm… I’m sorry, eomma, appa… I am pregnant” you said it with a low voice. But they still could heard it.
“WHAT?? WHAT DID YOU SAY?? PARK ~~~??” your dad rose his voice. Then he approached you.
“say it again!” this time your mom talked to you with a deep voice, an angry voice. And it scared you so much.
“I am pregnant…”
PLAAKK!!
Your dad slapped you hard. Your cheek reddened and tears flow down on your cheek.
“get out from this house!” said your dad without seeing your face.
“eomma…” You turned your face to your mom.
“go! I don’t wanna see your face” said your mom. It hurt you so much so you couldn’t bear it. You run to your room and packed your stuff in a bag. After you finished packing you left your parents without say anything.
You were waiting for the lift when a crazy idea came into your mind.
You took the lift to the rooftop of you apartment building. As you reached there, you dialed Jongup’s phone.
hi baby, what’s wrong?” Jongup’s voice was heard over the line.
“sweetheart, listen to me first and please, don’t get mad. And let me finish my words, okay?” you tried to hold your tears and talk with normal voice.
okay, baby… what’s wrong?” Jongup was so confused and worried.
“I am pregnant. We have a baby…” your voice was shaken because you started to cry again.
are you serious?
“please, listen to me first, Moon Jongup. I just went to doctor and she said I’m pregnant. I don’t even know that I’d be pregnant. My parents are angry with me, they kicked me out from my home and I know for sure, baby, that this isn’t what you want. I understand that this burdens you, and ruin your future. So, I just want to say goodbye. Have a good life, Moon Jongup” and before Jongup could say anything you hanged up the phone.
You walked to the edge of rooftop. Suddenly you heard a familiar voice.
“eonni, stop it!” you heard your sister voice so you turned your face to saw her.
“I can’t, Minhwa… I just can’t. Promise me you will be a good girl and make our parents proud. Don’t be like me, understand?” you said it to your crying little sister. “Minhwa, I have to do this, don’t cry… I’m not worthed your tears. Be good. Goodbye”
After you finished your words to your sister, you jumped off the building. You heard your sister shouted your name. You closed your eyes, wanted to feel the air for the last time. But, before you hit the ground, you feel something catched you and you flew.
 
Your sister looked down from rooftop but she saw nothing on the ground, there was no dead body, your dead body.
 
You open your eyes, felt the air through your body and saw Jongup. With a pair of wings.
“never do that again! Understand?” said Jongup while he hold you and flew away.