A Tough Decision

Kiss Note Cupid: feat. Minho and Dara

Minho stared at the two girls as Hyuna twirled a lock of her hair. "So she already suspects it." She said, giving an approving thumbs up. "Smart girl!" She said. "Her friend scares me." Minho mumbled. Hyuna smacked him on the back. "Buck up! You're a man aren't you?" Minho dusted off his uniform and straightened up.

"So what now?  If she already suspects her boyfriend, then how do we make L.Joe look good?" Hyuna gave him a devious smile. Oh not again!  he thought. Before he could turn and run, Hyuna grabbed his arm and transported them back to the resturaunt. Minho stumbled when he landed on his feet and broke free of Hyuna's grasped. "Yaish! Would you please stop doing that? I think I'm getting teleportation sick-oh, you're ignoring me. "Shhh!" She said, pressing a glossy red fingernail against his lips. "Look." It wasn't until she brought it to her attention that he realized they were L.Joe's bedroom. 

 

 

L.Joe sat at his desk, trying to study for english. "Aish, why are translations so complicated? I can never get the words in the right order...." he wrote a few more hangul characters next to  the english sentence and typed it into his casio translator to check. After seeing the results he yelled in frustration and threw full force into the wall "WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT?" L.Joe let his anger boil for another minute before he let out a relaxed sigh. He ruffLed his hair and stood up to get the translator. He picked it up carefully and checked it for damage. "Will it still work?" He flipped it open to be sure, and when he saw the screen wasnt damaged and that the buttons still worked, he let out a sigh of relief. "Seriously...why is this so difficult?" He said out loud to himself. L.Joe plopped himself on the bed and stared at the ceiling. "What do I do? I can't just let this by and pretend I didn't witness anything today..." he said up and rubbed his chin. "Chunji is my friend, I can't just backstab him right?" Then he thought about Dara. "Aish...I can't just let him hurt her. If she got hurt because I didn't say anything before it got bad...I wouldn't even be able to look myself in the mirror." Just then, his phone vibrated and he hurried to check the screen.

 

 

Dara: Yah, yah. Did you finish yet?

 

L.Joe nearly jumped off the bed at the sight of the text message. Why did she have to call at a time like this? 

 

L.Joe: No, the sentences are really  difficult. Did you get home safely?

 

Dara: Yeah, I'm home:). How sweet of you to worry!^^

 

L.Joe: Did I say I was worried? It's just what normal people ask :p.

 

 

Dara: Fine. Pretend to be cool. Actually, I wanted to talk to you.

 

L.Joe: About english?

 

Dara: About Chunji.

 

L.Joe's thumbs froze over the screen as he read the message. He gripped the phone for a minute. He knew that if he didn't text back soon she would suspect something. "Just don't say anything. She doesnt know you know, so just say nothing." He told himself.

 

L.Joe: Why do you want to talk about him so late at  night?

 

Dara: Aish, its only 10:30 p.m. And you said you were frustrated from studying anyway.

 

L.Joe: Fair enough -.- Continue.

 

Dara: Has he been acting strange around you guys at all lately?

 

L.Joe: No more than usual. Has he been acting strange around you?

 

Dara: I don't know, just....distant outside of school.

Dara: You really don't know anything.?

 

L.Joe used all of his  will power to keep from blurting the truth.

 

Dara: L.Joe...you would tell me if you knew something....right?

 

L.Joe:Yes

 

Dara: Do you know anything?

 

 

There was a ten second pause without reply.

 

Dara: L.Joe?

 

L.Joe: Sorry, my Mom called me from outside my door. It's lights out now.

 

Dara: Oh....

 

L.Joe: I'll see you at school okay?

 

Dara: Okay....sleep well.

 

L.Joe: Dara?

 

Dara: Yeah?

 

L.Joe: Can you study with me before class tomorrow?

 

 

Dara: Sure...I won't let you down :). Goodnight.

 

L.Joe: Sweet dreams :).

 

L.Joe switched off his phone just as something wet dripped onto it. He touched his cheek and realized he had shed a tear. "Pabu...Idiot!" He told himself. "You're just as bad as he is."

 

"L.Joe!" Aren't you coming down?" L.Joe finished straightening his tie in the mirror before answering his mother. "Yeah!" He grabbed his backpack and prepared to go downstairs when his phone vibrated in the front pocket. He quickly took it out in time to see Dara's name flash on the caller screen. He sighed and pressed the green answer button. "Hello?" He said. "I made extra sure to get up early today! I even made flashcards to go over before homeroom!" Dara said excitedly from the other line. L.Joe clenched his hand into a fist and said 'yeah' back into the phone. "We are still studying this morning...right?" Dara asked worriedly. L.Joe ran his hand through his hair and gulped down saliva. "Yeah, we are....Dara?" "Yes." She asked. "Do you remember last night...when you asked me if I knew anything?" He asked. "Yeah, I remember. Why?" Come to the resturaunt right after I hang up." He said, glancing over to the picture of the three of them at eight grade graduation. "I will tell you everything."

 

 

 


 

Surprise! This is my gift to you guys since my wisdom teeth removal went well today^^. I wasn't even loopy or acting crazy after. I only slept for about four hours afterward, and I could even walk on my own! Authornim is cool right?^^ Anyway, did you like the chapter? Should L.Joe tell Dara everything? Or should a certain someone interviene? Write your response in the comment section (or just comment on the  chapter^^) goodnight!