Between Two Hearts

He's Back

 

            Myungsoo came back to his class. Everyone was already in the class except him.

            “Knock.knock.” He knocked the door.

            Mr Suk Jin stopped his explanation about Aves (Birds) and gave a signal to Myungsoo to come in.

            “I’m sorry sir for coming late. I was from WC.”

            Mr. Suk Jin scanned the clasroom and saw Sungyeol’s chair was empty. “Where is Sungyeol?” He asked Myungsoo.

            Myungsoo stopped his step to his chair. “Sungyeol? He is sick,sir. TOO SICK. So he asked me to permit him skipping the class.” He glanced his sight to Song Ji Eun.

            “Oh. Arrasso. Okay,class. We have to go to library. Look for every information about Aves and make an essay about that. I’ll give you 2 hours full and collect the essay tomorrow morning.” As Mr Suk Jin had finished his words, he dissapeared and lead the class to the library.

____________________

In the library...

            I wandered the library to find the books I want. I went to the Biology shelf. Sunhwa and Hyosung were busy browsing the material through computer but I was different. I loved to search it from books. It just made me feel satistfied finding in the books than browsing in the internet. I was sorting the books one by one when I suddenly startled as I saw someone’s figure in front of me. He peeked through the hole I made from sorting the books. He was Lee Sung Yeol.

            “Why—are you—here,oppa?” I asked with my wavering voice.

            He opened the bigger hole by taking the books. “Can’t I?” He smiled brightly like he just forgot the things had happened between he,Kang Min Hyuk and I.

            “You can,of course.“I lifted my head and tried to face him but all I could see was the book. Where are the hole I saw earlier? I tilted my head in confusion. Was I in my halusination?

__________________________

            Meanwhile in gymnasium...

            “Why is it so painful? Just look at her face made me—Aargh!!” Sungyeol threw the ball,made the ball bounced hardly on the floor. He kept dribbling his ball and scoring it into the ring. He stopped playing and recalled Ji Eun’s confession that day.

            “I’m Min Hyuk’s girlfriend. I’m not yours anymore,oppa.”

            He then remembered Ji Eun’s face when she was in the library. “Yeah. Myungsoo is right. I am sick. Really sick that I can’t face you right now.” He messed up his brown hair over and over. He felt that he was the most coward guy.

            “Is it because I left you here alone Ji Eun-ah? If only I stayed here—You’re still with me right now. Mianhae Ji Eun-ah..Jeongmal mianhae for leaving you—“

_______________________

            [TIME TO GO HOME]

            The bells rang so piercing continued by students cheers. I packed my things. I didn’t have a piano private class right now so I decided to come home early.

            “Ji Eun-ya. I have a things to do with Hyosung this evening. Is it okay for you to come home alone?” Sunhwa asked.

            “Ah. Gwaenchana. I’ll go home by myself.”

            Sunhwa and Hyosung tossed their hands gently “I knew Min Hyuk-ssi will accompany you” Hyosung winked her right eye.

            Right after Hyosung said that, Kang Min Hyuk entered the class.

            “Bingo! Just like what I’ve said!” Hyosung exclaimed cheerfully.

            “Jagi—“ He touched his lips “I mean Ji Eun—“

            I made my closer step to him “It’s okay Min Hyuk-ah~ You can call me jagiya.”

            Min Hyuk rubbed his head “Aniiya. I’m too shy to say that. Can I just call you Ji Eun-ah like usual?”

            “Kekeke~ You’re so funny oppa.It’s fine.I’ll call you oppa then.” We giggled.

            Min Hyuk stopped his giggling.” Ji Eun-ah~ I think I can’t walk you home this evening.I have something to do with my theater team.” He showed his guilty face.

            “Gwaenchana oppa. I can walk home alone. I don’t have piano class this evening so I won’t come home night.”

            “Okay my lovely Ji Eun. Have a safe walk. Beware.There are a lot of mischievous guy nowadays.” 

____________________

            [ON THE WAY HOME]

            I walked down in the street. There were a lot of people passing by but I felt really alone. No one on my side.

            “Walk home alone? I think we are going home in one direction.” A guy suddenly talked to me. I turned my head and realized if it was Lee Sung Yeol with his smiling face.

             “Nae.”

            We had a really awkward time after that. Sungyeol was busy dribbling his ball. I looked at his face. He was still same. Lee Sung Yeol I knew who obsessed too much with basketball.

            Realized the stare I gave to him, he was suddenly startled and accidentally dropped his ball. He then bent his body to take the ball he had dropped made me was a meter in front of him.

            “Jaggaman Ji Eun-ah~” Sungyeol suddenly screamed made me stopped my step.

            Sungyeol took off his hoodie and tied the arm part of his hoodie to my waist.

            “The wind is so cold today and your skirt is too short—I just don’t want you to have a cold.” Sungyeol rubbed his neck to cover his nervousness. “Don’t worry I’m not seducing you. It’s just my worry as your classmate.”

            Actually my eyes were really teary. But I couldn’t cry at that moment. “Gomawo, Yeol-ah~ You’re still the same. Always care to your friends.” I smiled to him

            He smiled back to me. “Never mind”

_________________

            “I’m home,omma~” I opened the door.

             “Aah my sweetheart already home,huh?” My omma hugged me tightly “How is your school? Was everything going alright?”

            I sat in the sofa “Nae,omma. All is well.”

            Geojitmal. It's all lies. I’m not fine omma. He is back! Outtohke omma. I really miss him but I’m too confused with my own feeling,omma. Outtohke? Jeongmal outtohke?!

            I really wanted to say that but my lips kept telling my mother more lies.More white lies. I didn’t want worry my mother. I just liked to keep my hurt alone. That’s all.

            My mother screamed as I took off Sungyeol’s hoodie. “Oh my daughter. What’s wrong with your skirt? You have your *monthly-guest?” *menstruation period

            I turned my head and saw a large blood-mark on the backside of my skirt. "I think so,omma~"

            So he was trying to cover up this mark for me?

            I was crying as I remembered Sungyeol’s face. I spilled out the things I really wanted to say to omma. 

______________________________________________________________________________________

So much of tears T^T 

Stop crying unnie~