Sacrifice

He's Back

 

            Jieun entered the music room just to see the emptied class with a lot of music instruments. It was her schedule to have piano practice so she went there. She stepped her legs to the piano,ready to open for the music sheets but something stopped her. Her eyes captured a book of her she gave to Lee Sungyeol. Seeing that, she got her heart raced faster and it doubled up when she saw the message posted on the book.

I’ve heard it from Myungsoo. If this book’s really yours,meet me at the backyard alone.

-sungyeol-

            Without any second thought,she walked out the room and went to the backyard. 

            Jieun panted heavily as she walked;semi-running her way to the backyard. Didnt know why, she just wanted to meet him as soon as she could. She stopped to regain her breath and at that time, her eyes wandering the backyard to see the figure of Lee Sungyeol.Within in just 1 second, she found him,sitting on the green grass,hugging his basketball.

            “I’m glad you come.” Sungyeol welcomed her with his best smile and signaled her to sit down on the grass too.

            Jieun was actually shocked after seeing his beaten up face. She could feel all of her cells in her body jumped up and the blood in her vein seemed like fasten its pace.

            “You okay?” That words just came out from before she sat down and touched the plastered wound carefully. Sungyeol nodded like a puppy in response.

            “High school life wouldnt be completed without a fight.” He blurted out,trying to reassure her still with a smile on his face. Then he moved her hands from his face as he couldnt deny his heart pounded faster when she did that and he didnt want to make a scene.

            “Aah..I should have known that..Sorry I’m concerning you..I know you have only Bomi now so you dont want another girl to touch you.You’re such a good boy,Lee Sungyeol!” she faked her smile while her hand made a ‘thumbs up’.

            It killed her.How his hands ressisted her caring hands. She wanted to ask why but she didnt want to know the answer that she already knew. She didnt want to know that he did it because of another girl. It killed her. How he avoided the eyes contact with her. It was like he saw her like she’s mere a stranger.

            I know he’s finally back but he has changed. Her mind thought.

            “She’s my sister. My step-sister.” He said meekly,broke the chain of her thought about him making her in super surprised state. All her hypothesis about him were all broken and shattered into pieces. She had mistaken the girl who was clinging to him these few days as his girlfriend. Speaking honest, she was very ashamed as she concluded the things by herself without even asking Lee Sungyeol. She could clearly feel all her cells were going to explode.

            “You know Jieun-ah..When I was in middle school, I was here looking at you playing piano. I was a papparazi back then. I often borrowed Myungsoo’s camera just to capture you everyday.” Sungyeol turned his head and faced Jieun who was still busy calming herself as her disobedient heart was beating faster hearing Sungyeol’s words.

            Sungyeol noticed something was wrong with Jieun. The time he had with her right now was very awkward and weird. It seemed like she didnt want to know him anymore.-like he was a stranger to her- Maybe people were right. Ex will act like she was totally a stranger when they met up. It killed him. How she avoided his eyes. It killed him. How she kept silence without giving any response. It killed him. How she looked like a stranger for him. It killed him. How he thought that she isnt his anymore and the thought of she’ll never go back to him haunting him.

            I’m back..But she has changed. He talked to his mind.

            “I’m sorry,Lee Sungyeol. I’m not a ball that you can pass to other people and dribble it all you want. I cant leave the one I’m with now..I just cant...” she stuttered in her verge of cracking voice.

            Sighing, Sungyeol stretched his hands to the air. He hid his dissapointment into a really bright smile that Jieun admit she never got tired of.

            “I dont expect you to accept me now. I know it needs time. I’ll be waiting the time when you’re ready to be with me again. I wont surrender.”

            Jieun just stay put; somehow clogged,made nothing came out from . Then,silence filled the air again.

            “Gotta go.I have piano class.” Jieun broke the silence  and walked away.While she was on her way to music-room, her mind kept on saying No,he hasnt changed.He’s still Lee Sungyeol I know.Lee Sungyeol I missed for so long time.

 

            Jieun played the piano while Mr.Kang Gary was supervising her;standing like a boss beside the place where she played the piano. The tail of her eyes glanced at the window just to find that Sungyeol had disappeared;producing a sigh from . She then recalled the day when she first knew him;the boy who had made her episode of life into upside down.

[ Flashback ]

A 14 years old boy peeked through the glass window of a music class with his sweaty hands holding a camera. The class had ended but he somehow loved school more than his home. He tiptoed to match his heaight to the window glass.

‘Click’ He clicked the button on the camera to capture a girl inside the class producing a blitz light.

“Ya!You pabo.You havent turned off the blitz.” The boy beside him whispered his voice as low as possible.

“Mian” came out from the taller boy.

Then the two began to panick as the the class’ door slid open;revealing a pretty girl who was looking at them with questioned face but she was too late to ask some questions as the two boys she was looking at already running;just showing their back to the girl.

The girl shrugged her shoulder then went back to her piano before a handkerchief caught her eyes and made her to pick it up. She studied the  handkerchief and found 3 alphabet stitched at it. The 3 alphabets were L,S and Y.

[ End of Flashback ]

            “Now that you’re already an expert, Can you sing a bit?” Mr.Kang Gary broke her attention from her own world.

            “Ndae?” was her response.

            “Sing the song.” Mr.Kang Gary replied;giving her an annoying face. To be honest, He didnt like to replay what he had said.

            Jieun nodded her head;making her long brown wavy hair to swing beautifully.She focused her eyes at the music score and like 1 minute later began to sing with her hands playing the piano.

           

            Mr.Kang Gary snapped as the performance played by his pupil;Song Jieun;ended. He widened his eyes in disbelief. “Why didnt I notice this before?” He cursed himself mentally. Clearing his throat, he stepped closer to Jieun.

            “Be ready. Next week you’ll join a pinanist contest.”

 

                        Myungsoo was in his room;entertaining himself with a Naruto manhwa. He had read it for countless times. He then placed the manhwa back to the shelf after finished reading it. To her surprise, he found a photo slipped between his manhwas. Taking it out carefully, he sighed after found out the person inside his photos. It reminded him with the days when he and his bestfriend took the photos together. His chest tightening when he saw a pure smile carved in the girl inside of a photo.

            “At least I belong this photo.” His eyes turned out to be mellow.

            After throwing his body to the bed,he still kept his eyes to the photo;enjoying the smile made by the girl;Without realizing, a smile also crept in his face. But then his smile turned out to be a bitter smile after he shifted his eyes to the boy beside her. His face became serious all of sudden. He gritted his teeth to hold his flowing emotion. He could feel the pain growing in his heart.

            “I cant own this photo.”

            In a flash move, he took out all the photos hidden in the shelf, collected it into one and put them into one small box.He felt that just the photo of her with his bestfriend he could save. After done with the photos, he took his jacket and exited his room.Deep inside his heart, he didnt want to do that but at the same time,he thought that he couldnt move on of he kept those photos with him.

           

            “Knock knock” Jieun who was still in kitchen,helping her mom preparing the dinner,heard knocking hit the door.

            “Coming~” She hurriedly walked to the door to open it. After open the door, all she could saw was an abandoned box near the door. Her eyes were wandering the place but saw no one.

            “Mom Did you order something?” she asked her mom who was slicing the chilli and no was her answer.

            Curious, she opened the box.Her eyes widened as she saw abundant amount of photos of her inside it. She could feel her blood’s pace fastened and a name suddenly came out from .

            “Lee...Sungyeol?”

            Hearing that name called, Myungsoo who was hiding behind the three could feel his heart aching but it made him sure. Sure that all she was thinking is just his bestfriend not him.Sure that his bestfriend was one and only for her. It made him somehow can let her go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Updated!

Likely this story turned out to be an angst...

Anyway, comment please~ I love to read comments and it energize me to update the story ^^

Sungyeol's pict for ya~ ^.^ 

​Yessu~ sometimes he really looks alike Kris of EXO-M *personal opinion.dont bash me ^^v