When Past Seems Like Nothing

He's Back

 

(A/N) : the italicized fonts show the thought of the character

Ji Eun’s POV

            In the room...

            I still couldnt believe at what I saw. The boy I used to love with another girl. That fact really shocked me. I touched my left chest and felt the pain getting more hurt.Part of me want to rebel and ask his explanation about this but I was too tired for this. I was so tired of your drama,Lee Sung Yeol. I was really tired...

            “So the reason why you didnt reply all of messages is that you have a new girlfriend,huh?!” I hit and my teddy bear many times while tears kept rolling from my eyes. After getting tired from hitting the bear, I rubbed my eyes and cleaned the tears in my cheeks. “But why can’t I hate you?”

            Teddy bear wasnt the only reliever for me. I went to my piano and played it.

I love you. I’m sorry
But i can’t do this anymore
I don’t even have the right to get close to you
Don’t love me
I don’t have the ease of being able to give you my heart
I live every day beyond my strength
Each day is too much so i cry

(only tears-infinite)

____________________ 

 

In the school...

            “Morning,Jieun-ah~” Sunhwa greeted me.

            “Morning...” I replied spiritless.

            “What’s wrong with you? Look at your panda eyes!” She exclaimed and pointed her finger toward my eyes.

            I took out my mirror from my bag and saw my reflection. I really got a swollen and panda eyes.  Finding a reason to Sunhwa, I scratched my head.

            “You’re crying over drama again?” Sunhwa blurted.

            “Eh?” I widen my eyes “Nae. I re-watched Endless Love last night and cried a lot.” I posed my sad expression. Mianhae,my chingu for telling you a lie.

            “Yaah..That was just a drama,okay? The director would be really happy if you cried over that and thinking that he was successful. Kekeke~” We giggled.

            In the middle of our giggling, I spotted Kang Minhyuk was approaching me. “Morning,Ji Eun-ya~” He waved his hand “Morning” I smiled.

            “What’s wrong—“ before he continued his words I spoke “Aah..It was nothing. I was crying over a drama last night.” I faked my smile.

            “Ooh..Okay then. I feel relieved you dont crying over him again.” He messed my long-brown hair “Aah..Oppa” I pouted my lips in annoyance.

            He giggled. “Let’s go to the bookstore after school.I don’t have part time job neither theater extracuriculler this evening.” Minhyuk asked me.

            “Nae.”

            I’m sorry,Minhyuk oppa. I lied to you too...

__________________ 

 

Narrator’s POV

            In the Class

            “Okay class. Now we’ll discuss about Mammal.” Upon hearing Mr Sukjin’s sudden voice,the students rushed themself to their chair. “No one absent?” He scanned the class and find none empty seat. His eyes stopped at Lee Sungyeol. “Have you recovered,Sungyeol-ssi?” Mr Sukjin asked no one other than the tall boy who was having a daydreaming in early morning.

            “Eh..N-nae Mr.Sukjin.”He stuttered.

            Mr Sukjin sighed.Soon,he began the class. He began his explaining about the characteristic of mammals,their diversity and their reproduction. Tired of explaining, he took a rest a little while and found out two of his students were not paying any attention to him seeing from their blank gaze.

            “Ya! Lee Sungyeol! Song Jieun!” Mr Sukjin shouted,making the names he called back to their world.

            “Nae,sir?” They said in unison.

            “Close the door from outside please. And open it when my class is over.” Mr Sukjin exclaimed continued by their sighing.

            “Aishh...” Sungyeol stood up lazily and headed to outside of the class. So did Song Jieun.

________________

            Ji Eun’s POV

            Outside of the class...

            “Oh,crap! I’m getting punished again.” I said in my mind while eyeing the tall boy stood up beside me. He looked completely a mess. Does he live well?

            Realizing the glare I gave to him, he glared me back. “What’s wrong Ji Eun-ssi? Dazzled by my handsomeness?” He smirked then chuckled.

            “Pfft...So full of yourself,as always.” I hissed.

            Right after that, I could feel the awkwardness filled the air. We kept quiet for almost a half hour. Suddenly,Sungyeol broke the silence by saying “Aah~ I really miss playing basketball in this school. Let’s go to the gymnasium,Ji Eun-ah~” Sungyeol dragged me along with him.

            After arrived at the gymnasium, Sungyeol took the ball and dribbled it. When it comes to basketball,he’ll become really enthusiastic.He is really not changed at all.

            I chuckled unconsciously,made Sungyeol stopped from playing his own game and looked so confused.

            “What’s wrong?”

            “Ani. Just continue your basketball.” My words made him ‘tck’ing.Later,he continued scoring his ball to the ring.

            The silence came again. Time separated us really long so we were so awfull when we were together plus that canteen incident...

            “Umm..Sungyeol-ah~” I tried to start our conversation. He automatically stopped playing his ball.

            “Nae?”

            “Are you okay? You were sick—“ I stammered. I had not end my sentence yet but he interupted me.

            “Gwaenchana. I’m fully recovered now. If I’m sick,how could I’m playing basketball right now.” Sungyeol stated.

            “And the canteen incident—“ I continued my saying,still in my wavering voice.

            Sungyeol approached me. He rested both of their hands to my shoulder. “Don’t worry about me at all. I’m your past and Kang Minhyuk is your present. Just go with the one you love now..”

            Break Time in the canteen

            “Aah..Our blank Ji Eun..Just like her sister,Ji Hyo-unnie, going blank everywhere she is.” Hyosung said as she stuffed with a handful chocolate-bagel,feeling resentful her bestfriend didn't hear her story at all.

            “And get punishment from Mr Sukjin again and again and again.” Sunhwa added,bolding the word ‘again and again and again’ but I just ignored them,focusing on sipping my avocado juice. Part of my mind was still disgesting what Sungyeol had said to me.

            “Don’t worry about me at all. I’m your past and Kang Minhyuk is your present. Just go with the one you love now..”

            Haish..Of course he said that.Am I pabo? He already has a new girlfriend. I’m nothing for him now. I’m just his past...

            “Hah..Spacing out again” Hyosung sighed,rested her head on the table upon seeing me like this. I just grinned.

_____________

            Narrator’s POV

            Feeling tired, Sungyeol decided to go to canteen. “Ji Eun-ssi—“ He cut off his sentence as he saw no one except himself in the gymnasium.

            “Hah~ Why you keep disappearing from me,Ji Eun-ya~”

            Sungyeol sighed and exited from gymnasium,heading to the canteen. His grumbling stomach urged him to.

            “Sungyeol-oppa~” A familiar high-pitched voice called him,made him stopped his steps. He spun his body and found out that the source of the voice was approaching him.

            “Bo Mi-ya. You really go to my school? Aish..You’re so stubborn.” Sungyeol ruffled his own brown-hair making it messier than before.

            “Waeyo,oppa? You don’t like it?” She protested.

            “You asked me a very clear thing. Of course I don’t like it. Remembering you’re so troublesome and stubborn.How could--” sungyeol stopped as he heard a grumbling sound from Bomi’s stomach.

            “Forget it. Let’s go to canteen. You’re already starving.” Sungyeol took her hand and dragged her to the canteen.

             “Nae!”

____________

            Ji Eun’s POV

            Since Hyosung was busy reading Percy Jackson after finished her chocolate-bagels and Sunhwa was already left,going to the Kwanghee sunbae‘s table, I went to take some chocolate milk in the vending machine to kill my boredom.

            After took what I wanted, I went back to the table where Hyosung was but suddenly I felt someone collided her/his body to me made me ‘aww’ing.

            I stood up after fell down caused by someone’s crash to me. I looked up and saw someone that I really want to avoid right now.

            “Unnie~” She hugged me really tightly. A tall boy beside her was dumbfounded. So did I.

            “You know each other?” Bomi asked as she saw our expression. I nodded.

            “But yesterday you said that you don’t know him,unnie~” She asked me and put her innocent face.

            “Aah~ I forgot that he’s Sungyeol oppa you were looking for because you know,he has just transferred here..so..yeah..” I scratch my neck to kill my clumsyness and smiled.

            “Geurae? Okay..Bye unnie~” She left with her right hand was dragging with Sungyeol’s hand without even saying “mianhae”for crashing me.

            Note for myself : They already do skinship !

______________________

            Sungyeol’s POV

            Did she say that she doesnt know me yesterday? Why Ji Eun-ah? You hate me that badly? I know you already have Kang Minhyuk but that was the way too mean..I mean being your ex doesnt mean that you should forget all about me right?! From your smile, Can I take a conclusion that you dont feel anything seeing me with Bomi,Ji Eun-ah~? Don’t you feel any jealousness?

            After school...

            Myungsoo’s POV

            “Ya myungsoo!” Someone tapped my shoulder from behind and I knew it was Sungyeol. “Wae?” I spun my head.

            “Go to my house tonight. I wanna tell you something important.”

            “If I could then I would” I packed my books. As I saw Sungyeol,I remembered something I could do this evening.

            Where’s she? I scanned the classroom but found that Ji Eun wasn’t here. Is she left already?

___________________

I’m sorry if sad and sorrow keep going on. Believe me that there will be a rainbow after a strong rain. Hehe

Comment and subscribe,please..It energized me. ;)