Boy Talk

Different Ties

It was midnight, and ChaeRin was still on the phone with MinJi, not being able to fall asleep because of what had happened earlier. She explained everything to her over the phone, her blood boiling just thinking about it. 

"Eh..I don't know, ChaeRin. I think it's time you should branch out and make new friends, you know?" Minji was twriling a pencil between her fingers with one hand while holding her cell in the other. 

ChaeRin's eyes nearly popped out her head. She whispered loudly, "Have you lost your mind? Have you forgotten what that prick did to me back then? Because of him, I can't trust anyone now. I mean, he's the reason I turned into such a !" Her eyes began to tear, remembering her unfortunate past with no other besides Wufan. *I ing hate him. I hate him so much* 

A small tear left her right eye when Minji began. She sighed, putting her hand to her heart. "I know, Unnie. I know. I was there for you, you know that right? However, life goes on. He's still living his while you're being miserable. You're not even yourself anymore. Remember how you used to be?" 

 

September Fourteenth, 2011

"Look! CL's coming!" The hallways were full of smiles and claps as the 14 year old CL walked proudly down them. Her foot following after the other, hand on her hips, and smiling big at everyone who waved and whoever she passed by. 

"Goodmorning Sunggyeol! Hey SoHyun! Good day, Jeongmin." 

No matter who passed by, she knew their names, and she would greet them with a big smile and proper words. Ah, would you have ever thought of a kind CL? 

She would hear boys whisper about how cute and outgoing she was, and the girls whisper about how shy they were to talk to her. As if she was just too popular for them. *Nonsense* CL thought. *I like to think of everyone as my friend* 

As she continued to walk, a lower classman was rushing to class, running past her. As he was running, though, many papers were flying out his grasp, but he was too busy trying to get to class on time to notice. 

Some of the students that were watching him laughed and pointed, but CL only pouted, bending down and picking up every scrap of paper she remembered him dropping. 

"YAH!" She called out, hoping it wasn't too late to give them back. And it hand't been. The boy had slowly turned around, eyes almost glistening at the sight of her. *S-Such a cute girl.* 

"You dropped these." She smiled at him, holding her hand out with all the papers she picked up. The bell for being tardy already rung, and students scattered off to class, leaving CL and the boy alone in the halls. 

"Ah," she slapped her forehead, "I'm sorry for making you late!" The boy slowly took the papers from her, still amazed by her appearance. She naturally had that affect on any guy. "I-It's okay.." The nervousness in his voce was noticeable and his cheeks turned pink.

CL only giggled, covering . "If your teacher asks, just tell her you were helping me open my locker. These dang things are rusty anyway." They both chuckled at that. The boy nodded, giving her a bow. "Thank you. Thank you so much." 

She gave him a warm smile, tilting her head. "Hey, you're welcome." 

 

Present

ChaeRin sighed, messing with the fringes on her rug. She was sitting criss cross now, crouching her back. Who needed to sit up straight anyways. "People change, MinJi. Especially after what's happened to me." 

Minji pouted, feeling bad for her closest friend. There was nothing anyone could do about it, though. It happened. And nothing can change that. She yawned quietly, still gripping her phone. "What do you think of that JunHong guy, anyway?" She asked her. 

CL froze, obiously not prepared for the question. What did she really think of him? "I don't know." she spat quickly,  hoping the subject would be changed soon. 

"Ah, come on, Chae. You can't hate him for something he hasn't done. You barely even know him!" To everyone, Minji's viewpoint was logical. But ChaeRin wasn't everyone. 

"Of course I barely know him," she snapped, "I have a right to whom I decide to hate. And he just happens to be my choice." 

"I dont know, girl. He's really nice. And seems like a good friend. Remember when I sat by him at lunch on his first day?" 
"Ugh, don't remind me." CL pretended to puke.
"Yah!" Minji exclaimed, getting annoyed CL kept interrupting her. 

"Sorry, sorry. What's your point?" She popped a piece of gum in , chewing thoroughly. Hey, it's never too late for gum.

"You know what he told me?" 

"What?" CL rolled her eyes. She was never found of boy talk. 

"He said, 'All I wanna do is to get to know her better' Don't you at least think that's kind of sweet? I mean, he seems so determined to find out who you really are outside of school. He seems so..interested..."

"No, don't get started, Minji." She groaned, laying her head on the rug as she rolled her eyes. 

"I'm serious!" She said, rolling around on her bed. Talking this late really turned both of them into divas.(Well, CL already was one but you get the point)

"Aish, whatever," CL groaned rubbing her eyes, "I'm going to bed. Goodmight, Ji." 

"Goodnight." Minji sighed, hanging up. 

ChaeRin threw her phone light on her rug, climbing in bed. She brought her blankets up her chest and leaned against the wall, looking out the window for a few moments. And for those few moments, Zelo's words were playing back to her, over and over. 

"I just want you to let me read you."

Over...Her eyes slowly fluttered closed.

"I just want you to let me read you." 

and over...she was fully relaxed now.

"I just want you to let me read you." 

again...

"I just want you..."

Until she fell asleep.