Advice

Different Ties

*Why does she have to be so scary? Aish, I swear she nearly broke my skateboard!* Zelo's mind wandered off into thoughts of CL. Some violent, some not so violent. Whichever one, CL was still on his mind. *"Blonde boy."* For some reason, he still couldn't get her nickname for him out his mind. It had a nice ring to it, you know? 

It was only moments later when Zelo realized he was in class. His eyes widened and he blinked a view times, trying to regain his focus. *What the hell? I've never stopped paying attention in class before. I shouldn't let some rude girl get in the way of that* He shook his head, and still couldn't get his thoughts away. Because of that, he did it again. And again, and again, and kept shaking his head...

"Uhh...Kid? Do you have Turrets?" A tall, muscular boy with light brown hair was staring down at him, and a smirk crossed his face.Zelo's eyes widened and he looked down, embarassed.  His friends behind him started to laugh and joke, too. "What a joke! Why you shakin' your head like that, buddy? Can't get that horrible image of CL out your hea-" The next thing Zelo saw, was books that belonged to those guys flying across the room, along with the guys themselves. A stong, feminine voice followed. 

"I don't recall giving you permission to abuse my name in that matter, imbicles." Her blonde hair was slightly in her face, her heels with spikes on the sides made her look even scarier. She was looking down at the two, hands on her hips, full on confidence, while the guys were staring up at her, mouths agape, fearfull. 

"C-C-" The first boy with the light brown hair started, but only earned a slap in the face by the leader. "Don't speak! Don't you dare speak! You think you can address me in that type of matter? Call me horrible? When I'm not around?!" She scoffed, not even turning around to look at Zelo. But he was too busy gawking at her anyways. *W-Where the hell did she come from?!* He quickly looked around, and all the students were staring at the scene. Some kid in the back looked like he was going to piss his pants. *Man...She's something.* He thought examining her. 

No response from the boys. Like it should be. CL noticed how the boy with the light hair's friend was shaking, and she let out a sarcastic laugh. "How pathetic are you? Shaking? Infront of a girl? Tsk. How simple you give in to feminine power." She flipped her hair everso gracefully, almost as in one of those models in the shampoo comercials. 

"Do we even have a choice?" Spat out the light brown haired boy. Her eyes quickly flickered to his, the color suddenly changing to fire. "No, you don't have a choice. Because anyone that has a tongue and uses it, doesn't get a happy ending." She gave one last shove to the boys that were still as frightened as small children during a thunder storm, and slightly turned her head to Zelo, giving him a small smirk before leaving the classroom. 

 

***
 

"Hey honey! How was school?" His mother's cheerful tone called out from the kitchen as the door was swung open, and Zelo slipped his shoes off, throwing his backpack on the couch. He didn't answer until he found his way to the kitchen as well, opening the fride and sifting through the foods inside. *Fruit? No. Carrots? Not in the mood. Baby tomat-* 

"Junhong. I asked a question, sweetheart." Hiis mother looked at him concerned, and he grabed the small box of baby tomatoes out the fridge, kicking the door shut with his foot, and walked over to the breakfast bar. He sighed as he looked up at his mother for the first time since he's gotten home. "I'd be lying if I said it was okay." He said. 

Her face slipped down in worry, and her eyes were narrow. "What do you mean, sweeite? Are people teasing you because you're smart?" She asked. He groaned lightly and turned his head away from her. "I wish. They bully me because they think I'm weird, and they think I'm a nerd, and they even call me a . And don't even get me started on this girl-" 

His mother's eyes widened in delight. "Oh, Junhong! There's a girl involved! Does she stick up for you? What's she like? Is she pretty?" She was on her way to ask another question, but Zelo cut her off. "No, omma! Just listen! She bullies me the most! She like, runs the school. Even the teachers are scared of her!" He took a whole baby tomato in his mouth, and chewed it thoroughly. 

Her eyebrows furrowed, in confusion. "What? That doesn't make any sense. How can a student scare off adults? What does she bully you for?" Another groan came from Zelo as he continued. "Omma, you don't understand. I don't know how she all of a sudden had everyone in the palm of her hand, but it's been like that when I got there. Even before. But the thing is..."

"Does she have a boyfriend? Oh! Is she a ?" Zelo's eyes widened and nearly choked on his tomatoes after hearing his mother's questions. 

"Omma!" He yelled. 

"What? I'm just asking!" 
"Just. Listen." He felt like there was no use, but his mother was really good at giving out adivce. "Alright, alright. I'm sorry, honey. But as for the bullying, just-" 
"I don't care about the bullying." Zelo retorted quickly. He now met his mother's gaze, with a slight plead in his eyes. 

"I just...She's always on my mind you know? She shouldn't be, since she's rude and all, but I can't help it! Everything she's said and done to me keeps repeating in my head. She just seems....interesting. Like an open book you wanna read but can't because it's in another language. I need to know more about her, you know? But she's so stubborn...and...and so hard to talk to without her just screaming in your face and givnig orders." He sighed popping the last tomato in his mouth, feeling satisfied that he had let everything out to his mom. 

His mother only smiled admirably, knowing that she had the same feelings towards Zelo's father when she was his age. 

"Well, sweetie, if you ask me, when your father and I were in highschool-"

Zelo groaned softly, rolling his eyes. "Mom, not another story of you and dad! Please?" "Oh, hush. This one fits your situation perfectly!" With that, Zelo paid full attention, like he should've been in class, and listened to his mother's story. 

---------

"H-Hyunshik-ah?" Her big, circle framed glasses were scooted down her nose, and she hand to bring her long, slender fingers up to her nose to back her glasses up where they were supposed to go. It was Monday afterschool, and she'd been watching him play the piano for about an hour now. He quickly stopped, his back facing her, his head down. She could see from here that his knuckles were white because of his anger. 

"What. The. Hell. Do you want?" He growled, not looking back at her. She was frightened a bit, but didn't budge. *Keep your stand, girl. You got this* 

"I-I was just wondering if-"
"No."
"You don't even know what I was going to say!"
"No matter what you say, it's a no." His voice was so blunt, so flat, just so, so full of sadness and anger that had always been built up. 

"You promised me you'd let me make you feel bett-" She began, but she trailed off when he angrily got out his seat and started towards her, backing her up against the wall harshly, earning a tiny whimper from the girl under him. Now, she had been afraid. 

"You know how hard it is to bury your past?! No, no you don't know! Because you were always a perfect little sunshine that had everything! What did I have? Hell. I had ing hell! For you to just come up in my life out of nowhere, and follow me around liike a stray dog, and have that damn smile you always have to smile when I'm around you, it's not the most adjustable thing." 

His words came out insulting, but the way he was looking at her, it was less. It was more of a...why-did-a-girl-like-you-come-into-my-life-when-I-don't-deserve-it look. She only gazed at him, as if she had seen a magic trick filled with glitter and fog everywhere.She had opened to speak, but he leaned himself lower to match her height, and rested his forehead against hers. 

"You're the only girl that's every stuck to me like this." 

---------------

"Woah, woah, woah. Okay. You're telling me that that's gong to happen to her and me and we're gonna end up married or something? I don't even know her last name!" After a while of listening to Zelo's mother talk, he couldn't quite get the moral of her little anecdote. 

"No, pabo! What I'm trying to say is, maybe that CL girl is having a lot on her mind. Maybe someone made her feel that way." She took a sip of her tea, settling it on her coffee table lightly. 

"Oh, no. No one can make CL do anything. She makes the rules. She makes the orders." 

It was now his mother's turn to laugh. "Honey, things happen for a reason. I'm 99.9% sure she wasn't like this as a child. Someone must've done something to trigger, or hurt her really bad. You never wanna disrespect a girl that acts like that. Or any girl at all. You never know what they could be going through." With that, his mother grabbed her cup and magazine, walking herself upstairs. "Let me know when you've done the dishes!" Moments later, she was gone.

Zelo only gave a small smile as he turned his head away from the staircase, looking down in his lap. *You never know what they could be going through, huh?* He smirked. 

 

--------------------------------------

 

Hey guys! Long time no see, eh? Well, I'm back! I hope you haven't given up on reading this, because I haven't given up on writing it! Don't worry, I PROMISE there will be more frequent updates. I'll start updating every week now, and maybe even twice a week. I just really miss these characters. Lemme know what you think in the comments! And forgive me if I've made any errors, I'm too lazy to go edit right now. LOL. Hope you liked it and I love you all~ (: