Incidents

Different Ties

It's been three weeks since Zelo found out CL took the same math class as him. It's been three weeks since Zelo helped CL in the kitchen. Three weeks since Kris's revealation to CL...

Three weeks since the last time CL smiled; all because of Zelo. 

*Aish, that stupid Blonde Boy, get him out your head, NOW!* CL angrily chewed on her sandwhich as Minji plopped down next to her, pouting. 

"I know it's been a couple of weeks since you've told me this but I still can't believe he is back. Why the hell did he get let out? How dare anyone even morally think to bail him out! This is-" 

"I get it, Minji. Don't talk about it. I'm trying to get my mind off other things." Just the thought of Kris's face infront of her made her blood boil. She sipped on her Cola as her eyes scanned the cafeteria, coincedentally landing on the Blonde Boy. No matter how much CL wanted to, she couldn't force herself to look away. 

She couldn't help but notice how fashionable he really was: a white t-shirt with a red flannel tied around his waist, along with dark skinny jeans and skater sneakers to go with it. He'd been conversing with some of the nerds from their math class. Weird, how he actually looked ten times cooler than them, yet ten times smarter.

*And that ridiculous blue hair. Ugh* She rolled her eyes.

Minji, catching on to the fact that her best friend was spacing out, giggled to herself when she realized why she'd been spacing out in the first place. She nudged CL's elbow teasingly. 

"Ahh~ Wanting to get your mind off things, huh? So you're getting your mind back on JunHong?" She smirked at CL's reaction. 

She quickly dropped her gaze and gave Minji a death glare. "I'm not 'getting my mind back' on him. My mind was never on him. And for your information, he's a loser." She flipped her hair to one side, turning her attention and body to Minji, to avoid any more roaming of the eyes to Blonde Boy again.

"Mhm. Welp," Minji popped a fry in , "losers don't make you laugh. And they don't give you amazing advice either. And they don't help you in the kitchen when you don't ask for any." 

*Damn, she has a SMALL point.* CL puffed and groaned at her best friend, eyeing her the signature are-you-ing-kidding-me-stop-having-so-much-logic look. 

"That's barely true." She lied, wrapping her fingers around her cold can of Coke. Minji only shrugged, chewing thoroughly on her fry. 

"I'm just saying he's a really good friend." 

"Good friend my ." She rolled her eyes as far as they could go. When they came back to normal, she squinted them to make sure that what she saw was real. 

There was a big noise of clattering and clashing and students bickering and whispering. Fair enough, CL looked to the back of the cafeteria to see Zelo bowing repeatedly infront of Jung Daehyun. Add that to the fact that his food was spilled all over Zelo's not-so-white-tshirt-anymore and the floor. 

Minji's eyes rounded. "He's gonna get beat to crumbs!"

Students' comments filled the room. 

"OOOOH!! DAEHYUN!! YOU BETTER GET HIM!!"
"THAT KID IS SCREWED!"
"First running into CL and now Daehyun?! He's insane!!"

CL hissed lowly, simply turning her head away from the scene. "Not my problem." 

Minji's jaw dropped in her friend's expected inconsideration. "CL! He was there for you when you cried! Why can't you be there for him now? Come on, do you see how much that kid is apologizing? He looks scared less!" 

CL's shoulders slumped as she looked back over. His face did look rather whiter, and worry masked all over him. Whereas Jung Daehyun's cheeks were red with fury and his fists were balled up already. 

"Fine." She harrumphed as she got up and strutted her way to the back of the lunch room. The paced clicking sound of her heels made the whole room go silent, because they knew where it was coming from. 

Zelo and Daehyun, however, didn't move an inch. 

As CL approached her way to the two idiots, students gawked in awe. 

"Woahh~ I wonder what's gonna happen!"
"CL's gonna kill him with Daehyun, duh!" 

CL's expression was of stone, Daehyun's was of arrogancy, and Zelo's was of 'dear lord please help me both of them are gonna slaughter me'.

"Yah," she spoke as she crossed her arms. Her eyes darted through Daehyun's like hawks, "leave this kid alone. Let him look ridiculous with food all over him. There's no point of hurting him when there's not a speck of drops on you. So get the hell out. Don't try anything." 

Gasps filled the air and gradually condensed into whispers. 

"What the hell just happened?"
"Did she just stick up for him?" 
"Oh my god, didn't she already spare his life before? When he ran into her?"
"SOOOO TRUE!!"

 

Daehyun's look of arrogance faded within every word of CL's. His confidence dropped, along with his gaze. "Yes, CL." He bowed perfectly, before giving Zelo a dirty glare and heading out the cafeteria. 

*Aish, how many times will I have to keep saving you, Blonde Boy?* 

 

 

"Hey..." Zelo started as he wiped down the tables at the tea shop again. He'd been coming in often now with helping CL with chores. It'd almost been like a routine. 

She didn't answer, though. She was too busy cleaning the windows to care what he was saying. Her arms merely danced in circles while she shined away. 

With or without a response, Zelo continued. "Thanks for sticking up for me today." 

She rolled her eyes, spraying the windows a few more times. It'd been funny how they were on opposite sides of the shop yet they didn't have to shout to talk to eachother. 

"Yeah, well, I wasn't sticking up for you. I just got bored and had no one else to bash on." Damn, another lie. Two lies in one day. She curled her lips as she propped herself off the stool she'd been standing on to let her reach the toppest part of the window, and slid it over to the next one, climbing on top of it slowly again. 

Zelo chukled softly to himself, his back facing her. "Well, for whatever reason, thanks. It stopped me from getting killed." 

"You should've been." Her tone sounded annoyed. *Seriously, who does he think he is? Coming in here whenever he wants, seeing me cry, making me laugh. He's really stupid.* 

Zelo didn't reply as he turned around to wipe off the table that'd been closest to her. She continued wipping the window and she winced as she just couldn't reach the top. She stood on her tippy toes and stretched her arm out as long as she could. "Al-most th-there," she grunted as she tried one more time, but her ankle rolled underneath her and she let out a yelp, wailing her arms back and forth for balance.

"Yah!" Zelo's eyes caught the attention as he rushed towards her, catching her in his arms swiftly, letting the back of her head hitting his arms. 

He looked down at her, making sure everything was okay. *Did she get hurt?* 

CL's eyes quickly rounded and her face flushed at him in anger, getting to her own feet and pushing him off her. "I didn't ask you to catch me! Next time ask! Ugh! How dare you!" She stomped her feet as she marched to the kitchen, slamming the doors on her way in. 

Zelo only shook his head and looked down, cracking a smile. He was amused really, by how stubborn she was.

"ChaeRin, you saved my life today, so I thought I'd save yours." 


WAHHH! Hey you guys!(: How'd you think of the chapter? Everyone let me know! (that means you too, silent readers!) 

Also, I was skimming through tumblr when I found the perfect main image for this chapter XD Because of Daehyun and Zelo's incident in the cafeteria haha

I hope you enjoyed it and don't forget to comment, subscribe, and upvote!! :D