Tea Shop Prt. 2

Different Ties

Zelo stared up and down at the waitress incredulously, wondering if what he saw was even reality. *CL...How?* Her carefully observed her spotless white sneakers, black knee socks, and his eyes traveled upper north to examine her exposed thighs, which less than half was covered by her incredibly short skirt. Is this what maids always dressed like? He took his time checking her out, but CL on the other hand, wasn't taking it. 

"Ahem! Excuse me! Who do you think you are?!" She was taken aback by Zelo's staring, quickly covering herself witht the large, circular silver plate. Panic and adreline rushed throughout her enitre body, she could already feel her cheeks get red. *Damn, damn, DAMN. How the hell did he get here?! Out of EVERYONE who could stop by for a coffee!* She was beyond pissed, and the fact that her family's most visited customer, the woman she'd been serving for a while now at the shop, was his mother. *I'm gonna puke.* Her inner voice mumbled. 

Zelo's mother, on the other hand, continued smiling her eye smile, looking as sweet as ever. "Ah, so you two know eachother already? How lovely." She chimed, taking a sip of her tea. Zelo glared at his mother and clenched his teeth, talking through them. "Mom. That IS C-" 

"Would you like anything else, Mrs Choi? Or would that be all?" CL happily interrupted him, blasting death threats through the corner of her eye. 
"Ah, no thank you, darling." She smiled back at the young waitress. 

Zelo poked his cheek out with his tongue, not losing eye contact with CL. "So, you work here?" He asked suddenly. *I'm so dead when we get to school* He thought. She gave him the fakest smile that anyone could read through, and turned her heels to head back, but the kitchen doors in the back burst open and out CL's mother came. "ChaeRin-ah, you're supposed to be in by now, sweetheat. Dishes don't wash themselves, you know." Her mother put her hands on her hips, adding amusement to her orders. But CL didn't find this funny at all. 

*Oh, no. She just said my real name. Infront of him. How much worse can this get?!* "Yes, mother." CL did a perfect 90 degree bow, completely avoiding eye contact with Zelo. She gracefully walked back into the kitchen, leaving her mother gawking at Zelo and his mother, as well. "Ah! Welcome! I haven't seen you in a while! And I've been working for so many hours now, I hope you don't mind me taking a break." She sighed, sitting herself down next to his mother, and she gave a big smile to Zelo. 

"Is this your son, SunMi-ah? He's so handsome." She gave him a playful wink, and Zelo returned with flushed cheeks, a small smile, and a bow with his head. "Yes, that's him. He is handsome, isn't he? He gets it from his father." His mother answered, holding her cup in her hands firmly. 

"Annyeonghassaeyo, JunHong imnida. Pleasure to meet you." His voice was proper, and charming, if I may add. 

"Ah, such a behaved young man you are." She smiled, turning her attention back to his mother. Zelo's eyes roamed around the shop, head spinning inside. *This is outraegeous. I can't believe she works here. And she knows my mother?! That's insane! Who would've thought? I guess now I'm bound to know more about you, CL.* He smirked to himself only. He paid closesly attention to the kitchen door through which CL had passed by, and he saw her dark, satan-like eyes, darting at him through the glass window as if she were to shoot him on the spot.

His eyes rounded and he quickly averted them back to the window, looking outside as if nothing had happened. *Damn, she's gonna kill me. But this isn't even my fault!*

"Yes," sighed CL's mother, running her fingers through her hair slowly, "I keep convincing her that if she lets go of her past, everything will be okay. But she's still hung over about what had happened with her last boyfriend. I keep telling her he's in jail, and he got what he deserved. But she always says it's never enough. She's such a sweet girl, she really is. But yet she only has one close friend. I don't understand why she wishes to not have anymore. What would you do in this situation, SunMi?"

Zelo's ears perked up as he heard that, nearly choking on his saliva. *Her last boyfriend? In jail? What the hell's been going on...* 

"Omma! CL wants your help in the kitchen!" A little girl with long, brown hair and a blue bow that sat firmly on the top of her head, ran out the kitchen. Zelo turned his attention to the little girl, and cracked a smile. *How cute, she is. Would that be CL's sister?* 

"Tell your sister omma's busy, dear." 
"But!" The little girl started, but her mother looked once at her, giving her a firm look. "MinYoung-ah. I've told you once.." 
"Oh, come on, SooJin," Zelo's mother chimmed in, giving the little girl a big smile, "JunHong can help. Besides, we're the elders, they should be serving us anyways. Right, JunHong?" His mother glanced over to him, giving him a look. 

His eyes rounded, however he nodded quickly, not sure how else to react. "A-Ah yes, of course, omma." He slid to the end of his seat, getting up and looking at the little girl. "I'll help, it's okay." As the little girl clapped with happiness and showed him to the kitchen, Zelo heard CL's mother sigh. "You didn't have to send him in the kitchen, SunMi." 

 

Plates were scattered all around the counters, about three faucets of water were on, and the floors were so slippery. *Omma hurry up! Ugh, this is the worst day ever!* She angrily scrubbed some dried cake that was stuck to the plate in the sink, her arm furiously moving back and forth. *DAMN DAMN DAMN* Was all that went through her mind. 

When the kitchen door screeched open, she quickly turned her head. "OMMA-" Her eyes widened in shock, looking the tall blonde boy up and down, almost as if in disgust. "Min.Young." She clenched her teeth angrily at her little sister. "This IS NOT mom." 

MinYoung whimpered quietly, knowing how her sister could get when she was angry, though it seldom happened at home, and hid behind the blonde boy with long legs. Zelo was almost as terrified himself, but he stood his ground. "Your mother said she was busy. It's not your sister' s fault. My mom made me come in here to help." He explained everything in a quick manner, scanning the kitchen's mess so he had an excuse to not look her in the eyes. 

To his surprise, CL said nothing. Except for the groan she let out as she turned the water back on, but that was it. Zelo sighed, not being able to understand how he'd registered all of today's events at all. *First, the girl throws my skateboard against the wall. Now, I'm stuch helping her clean in a kitchen that she works for. This is some MTV bull.* He thought, grabbing some of the plain, china plates that were dry, and he spun around, confused a bit. *Uhh..where do I put these?* He was thankful CL's back was towards him, because he didn't wanna look stupid. 

His eyes quickly searched and guessed as to which cabinet could be the one where the plates go. *Ah! That one!* Of course, he chose the one that would be farthest away from CL so she wouldn't see him, and quickly walked over, swinging the left cabinet open. *DAMN! Mixing bowls!* He bit his lip, hard. He frantically looked around, about to guess another, but CL's voice stopped him. 

"It's this one, you imbicle." She spoke rudely, and pointed to the cabinet that was right next to her head. She continued washing and drying. *Why did it have to be so close to her?* He complained, not feeling insulted by the way she called him, and slowly moved over to the cabinet she had pointed at. He carefully opened it, and his arm gently brushed against her hair that was pulled back into a pony tail. He didn't notice, obviously. He was too busy putting back the dishes. 

CL, on the other hand, was not having it. She dropped all the dishes in the sink immediately, not even bothering to turn the water on, and grabbed his arm tightly, yanking it out the cabinet, making him drop the plates. 

"Hey!" Zelo started, and turned to the girl, and his eyes rounded as he saw the sudden fury in her eyes. "Don't. Touch. Me." 

Those simple three words never made him more scared in his life. He was almost certain his blood circulation was to stop soon by the way her long, slender fingers wrapped around his arm. She loosened her grip, and dropped his arm carelessly. Zelo's lips were left apart, in such awe of how affected she was by that small brush of contact. *I don't remember touching her...* 

She wipped her wet hands off her apron, pretending like what had just happened didn't, and grabbed the mop. Her lips were closed now, and Zelo slowly studied her. *How can she look so peaceful and innocent when she's quiet, but when she opens , it's like she's the spawn of satan.* 

"Take a picture. It will last longer, freak." Her eyes were glued to the floor, dragging her mop around the kitchen. Scrubbing the corners and all other impossible places to clean. *How the hell does she know whenever I'm looking at her? UGH!* Zelo's cheeks reddened and he quickly turned around, grabbing a wash cloth, wipping off the counters. They were already clean, he just needed to pretend like he was actually doing something, and not staring at her. 

Suddenly, his voice spoke for himself. "Why do you act like I'm gonna hurt you?" His voice was as soft as ever, he didn't even turn around to look at her. He kept his gaze on the counter. Their backs were facing eachother, but both of their faces were red. 

CL: With anger
Zelo: with embarassment

*oh god now I'm really ed* 

She said nothing, though. The only thing you could hear was the wet sweeps of her mop. *It's okay, JunHong. Be more confident.* "So..uh...ChaeRin, right? Your real name?" 

The sound of the mop stopped instantly, and a loud thump of the stick hit the floor. Her voice was straight forward, and tight. "Don't you dare, call me that. Just because we're not at school doesn't mean I can't kill you." 

Zelo's lips curled quietly, and he slowly turned around to face her, and she was staring back at him with hell's eyes. He gulped, but remembered his own advice. *Confidence, child* 

"You don't even know me, CL. Ever since I've moved here you've-"
"I don't need my actions being repeated to me, savage." She spat. 

He rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "You're the most stubborn girl, ever. You know that?" He scoffed, suddenly feeling proud of the act he's been holding up. 

She only gave him a confident nod, leaning herslef back up agaisnt the counter. They both stood on the opposite side of the room now, staring at eachother. 

*He's the first person to ever talk to me in such a way..* She thought. However, the look she was giving him wasn't considering at all. 

He sighed, "Look. I'm not here to hurt you. I don't even know you. But it's an interest of mine to know more about you. You have no idea how hard it is to want to read the cover of a magazine that's interesting but the words are written in Greek," CL found herself scoffing at that, her eyes flickering to the ground, but he continued, "I just want you to let me read you. Change the language back to Korean. Is that so hard?" He was staring at her fully, now. Even if she wasn't staring back, he knew she wanted to be. 

Suddenly, she looked back up, her face softened, and Zelo gave a small smile, hoping she'd give him a postivie answer.  He couldn't have been more wrong.

"Yes, it's hard. No one knows anything about me. No one but Minji and my family. And I wish to keep it that way. So in that case, Blonde Boy, mind your own damn buisiness, and pick up another magazine to read." 

 


ALOHHAAAA (: Another update~ I'm sorry if it's not detailed or if there are many mistakes, I was just too excited to sit and write another chapter (: I hope you enjoyed it though!

On another note, I wrote a new fanfic: 

Let's Play Pretend!

It's a Luhan fic, haha. Please check it out! I made it yesterday and I'll be working on chapter one as soon as I update this one! Thanks guys, I love you all! <3