Tears

Different Ties

Hey guys! Double update! Just listen to this song while reading please!!
 


 

ChaeRin's heels clicked down the empty areas of the tea shop, fulffilling orders of hungry customers and giving them the warmest of her smiles. Her hair was tied back in a slick ponytail and she wore a stainless white apron around her waist. 

"Good morning," She smiled brightly, "how may I help you?" Her pencil was in her hand, ready to write, when she noticed the youngest male who looked about 19 years of age was staring her up and down. He had messy strawberry blonde hair and a lean figure with the most cockiest expression ever as he leaned up against the window. An expression that CL knew too damn well and it made her teeth grind. His eyes met hers and he winked, adding a small smirk. 

"Ah, ChaeRin, do you remember me? It's been so long, hasn't it?" The boy's voice had been so smooth, so low since CL had last heard it. 

Her eyes rounded and she nearly broke her pencil in two as her heart began pumping viciously and adrenaline rushed through her body. "You." She gritted her teeth, "You're supposed to be in jail." She could have sworn she had been shaking by now, and her face was probably as red as the EXIT sign hanging on top of the tea shop's back door. 

The boy let out a cold, hardy laugh. Except nothing was funny at all. "It's called a bail, sweetheart. When you have money you can get anything you want." His lips tugged up in a sly smirk, his fingers were running smoothly through his hair. 

*Impossible. Impossible. How could someone who had done something like him get out of jail for a bail?!* The boy noticed CL's silence, and he knew very well it was because she had been plotting his death behind those angry, darkened eyes.

"Aw, what's the matter, beauty? Didn't you miss me?" He was taunting her now, and CL let out a low growl. "Don't you dare call me that. Don't you ing dare." 

Her temper had been so high to the point where she couldn't even yell. Her limits were passed jumping over the table and beating him to death for every last thing he'd done to her, yet she couldn't find it in herself to move. 

*DAMN! MOVE YOUR CL! KILL HIM!* She was screaming at herself inside, screaming too much. She had been so frustrated and dizzy from seeing his face again, it almost seemed like a nightmare. 

The boy got up, walking slowly out his seat, and let out a dry chuckle. "It's funny how even after everything I've done to you, you can't lay a single finger on me. Tsk. You're not so bad after all." He dug into his pocket, throwing some change on the table. "For being such an obeying ex girlfriend." He winked one last time, and turned away.

CL's eyes shot at him in anger as she watched him leave, her blood was beginning to boil. *That monster is supposed to be in jail!* She began to panic now, her emotion was on the verge of  tears. *I need to tell my mom.* 

 

 

 

"Junhong are you sure? You don't have to help out if you want to, sweetie. I can do it. It's my tea shop anyway." Mrs Lee, aka CL's mother, was sitting next to his mother in the living room as he was putting his shoes on. "No worries, Mrs. Lee. I have nothing else to do, honest." He gave her a reassuring smile as he head out for the tea shop.

Mrs Lee smiled at his mother proudly. "Such a wonderful son you have." She looked down at her phone, and her eyebrows furrowed. *One missed call from CL? Huh, probably just needed help. Good thing Junghong already went over there.* She smiled as she stuffed her phone away in her purse. 

---

As Zelo entered the tea shop, he realized all the lights had been dimmed, none of the tables were clear, and the floor hasn't even been mopped yet. *I hope I get paid for this* He sighed as he dragged himself in the kitchen, and his ears wiggled as he heard weeping behind the stove.

*Huh?*

"Omma! Omma! I have to tell you something!" CL quickly picked herself back up, wiping her tears as she ran up to the front door of the kitchen, and her eyes rounded in astonishment to see that it had just been the Blonde Boy who had walked in. 

*DAMN! What the hell is he doing here?! Can he tell I'd been crying?!* She took a deep breath, not making it noticeable for the tall boy, to calm down her quivering voice. 

"Uh...Hey," Zelo started awkwardly, "I told your mom it was okay if I came here instead and helped clean around." He said nothing as he picked up a clean cloth, turning on the sink and began to wet it to begin wipping off tables. He coulnd't help but notice the redness in her eyes, the messiness in her hair, and the most painful look she had held in her eyes.

"I don't need your help." She said sternly, yet her voice still let out a small whimper from her previous cries.She quickly turned away from him.

*Damn, me. He probably noticed that.* She inwardly slapped herself before opening the slender supply closet that had been in the back of the ktichen. There had been too much on her mind that she was able to grasp. Before she knew it, her eyes began to tear and wetness left her eyes. She quickly hid herself behind the door so he couldn't see her crying.

When Zelo turned off the faucet, he slowly turned around to meet her figure. "Why were you crying? Is everything ok-" 

"None of your business." She sniffled, quickly wipping her nose with a piece of dry cloth. *Damn, damn. Now I have to wash this.* She squeezed her eyes closed, cursing everything that she could think of. Everything including the Blonde Boy.

Zelo only sighed, expecting that kind of response. "It's okay, I understand." He then pressed his hands on the kitchen doors, leaving her alone to wipe off the tables. 

He went one by one, applying light pressure to get rid of any smudges on the first table. 

Five minutes passed. 

On to the second table, he reached over and repeated the same process, this time even wipping some chairs that had crumbs left behind by customers on them.

Ten minutes later. 

By now Zelo had finished all tables. All but one that had been in the back by a window, and he sighed. He strode over to that table, and noticed a ten dollar tip that had been left. A small smile crept up on his lips. *She must be a very good waitress.* He swept up the money in his hands, slipping it in his pocket. 

"I'll give it to her when I come back in. Maybe she'll feel better." 

Zelo had been finished wipping off that last table.

One minute passed.

The kitchen doors burst open and a force grabbed the back of Zelo so strong he felt as if he was going to be knocked over. Loud cries, whimpers, and sniffles filled the air as thin arms circled around from the back of Zelo's waist to his abs. His eyes rounded as he felt CL's cheek against his back, her tears were almost soaking up his shirt. *She...she's crying.* He thought as he didn't know what to do in this frozen position. 

What could he do? 

She held on to him tighter, squeezing his sides and she had felt so weak she couldn't lift herself up anymore.

Her voice had been broken, wobbly, teared apart as she tried to explain herself. She needed someone to hold. At this point and rate, she didn't care who it was anymore.

"J-Junhong! I-I'm so..h-hurt." Her voice had slowly died out as she couldn't help but cry out again in the pain of knowing that monster had been infront of her eyes again. She squeezed him and she squeezed. 

But Zelo didn't mind. He only gave a small smile as he coulnd't help but notice that had been the first time she used his real name. He held on to her tiny hands that had been everso wrapped around him tighty. They were the only two figures in the dimmed lighting of the tea shop, making the surroundings more calm for her.

He only whispered in the most soothing voice possible, "Shh. It's okay, I understand."