07. Conquered

Love Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

[July 2011]

I nuzzled my body close to the warm pillow and hugged it tight. Closing my eyes shut, I tightened my hold and stuck my face close to it. Comfortable and warm, I hoped that I didn’t have to get up anymore from this bliss but then, I suddenly could hear a soft grunt that I quickly opened my eyes upon hearing that scary sound.

Oh my, this is…

The thing that I thought was pillow was actually a human body. Weirdly, I just realized the rapid beating of his heart that I could feel with my cheek stuck close to his firm chest. Frozen, I couldn’t move an inch and soon, I couldn’t hear anything but the sound of his and my own heartbeat.

 

 

 

‘Deep breath, Soyu. Get up now. This’s so wrong.’

Snapped, I could hear a voice in my head and with little courage that I had, I carefully looked up and that’s when I saw his Adam’s apple, moving up and down slowly. He’s swallowing hard, I think. I’d made up my mind and before anything weird could happen, I tried to raise my hand that’s wrapped around his torso. But before I could, he swiftly caught my wrist, clutching it tight.

 

‘Had a good nap?’

My face felt hot. Annoyed and embarrassed, I didn’t want to answer his question and tried to break free from his hold. But suddenly, anger started to rush into my soul when I could hear him chuckling, as if I was nothing but a joke. My breathings got rapid and didn’t want to ruin my face anymore, I stopped squirming and looked straight into his small eyes.

‘Let me go.’ I uttered firmly, clenching my teeth but still, he didn’t lose his grip onto my wrist.

‘You’re talking to me?’

I squeezed my eyes at his answer. So, he’s still not over the stupid matter earlier but no, I won’t lose.

‘Yes, I am. Nam Woohyun-ssi. Can you please let me go?’ I asked with a forced plea. I called his name, the last straw or I didn’t know what I’d do anymore.

‘Sorry?’

‘Please!’

Another chuckle escaped from his lips that I felt heat was burning up to my brain. Trying to control myself from exploding any further, I finally gave up and lied down back onto the bed, back facing him with a hand on my back. His grip was still tight and it hurt but I didn’t care. He’d let go sooner or later, so I just had to wait.

 

 

Horrifyingly, he suddenly brought my hand from my back to my front that I could feel his arms creeping around my waist. I froze like a stick at his bold action. No, he won’t get anything from me.

 

‘Why’re you so stubborn? Just call me Jagi and you can ask anything from me, anything.’ His sudden whisper at my ears sent chills to my spine.

Well, can I ask to go back home? Can I ask for him to stay away from me? No, so no point of doing so because those were the only things that I really wanted now.

 

 

 

***

 

 

One word and you’d get anything. In a blink of an eye, your li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter