26. Run

Love Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 [March 2012]

Three months in Jejudo really did change him. Woohyun was practically aware of all his actions in the three months during his stay in that small town. He had decided to put all his past and his stupid insecure and doubtful mind aside. Even though it’s hard, he convinced himself that he’s already fine.

No more Woohyun who’s scared of people, scared of what people thought of him. And he did that all for his love, for a lady named Kang Jihyun. Putting his full trust and confidence into himself, he spent most of his time with his in laws instead with his own wife because he knew she won’t accept anything he wanted to give.

Going to his father in law’s farm, helping Jihyun’s mother, meeting some of her friends, hearing her boast about him, cooking. Anything. Anything to make up to all his mistakes, even though he knew doing those things won’t move Jihyun for the slightest. At least, it'd move her parents. Call it a tactic of whatsoever, he didn't care.

 

Let her hate him now. As long as she’s staying close to him, he thought.

Even if it meant using her parents.

 

 

 

‘You’re big now…’

Woohyun’s lips moved into a slight curve when he saw his wife brushing the horse’s mane with much care. Her hair swayed with the soft wind that he thought she was the most beautiful lady alive. And carefully, he took a few steps closer until he was staying right behind her, still drowned by her presence.

‘Parang looks strong, right?’ She twitched at his sudden voice and turned around just to freeze when she realized that he’s standing so close to her body.

 

‘Don’t-Don’t come close.’

He was used to her cold and harsh rejections that it didn’t hurt him as much as it did months ago.

‘Your father really took great care for this fella.’ He spoke, eying the horse who’s grazing at the small field. His hand moved to the horse.

'I called Miss Han and she's taking good care of Eric.'

 

Eric. That pup. Jihyun never forgot about that loveable Golden Retirver. She couldn't help but to wonder, Miss Han never liked dogs, how Eric could be really doing now? Did she treat him good? She wanted to ask but her ego strained her.

'Like I care.'

‘Hey… Can’t we just act like we don’t know each other for just this day? Your father’s watching.’

‘Tsk. That’s your tactics, right? Just so you know, even if my father’s here, I still don’t want you to touch me.’ Her words pierced Woohyun’s sore heart again but before she could walk away, her father was approaching that Jihyun halted.

 

 

‘The sky’s getting dark. You two should go home. I’ll catch up soon.’

He was right, both of them thought as they looked up to the sky simultaneously.

 

It’s going to rain soon.

 

 

***

 

 

Jihyun clenched her fist when she could hear his footsteps from behind. Annoying, clingy, shameless, she thought. Three months and he still won’t let her be.

‘We better hurry up. It’s going to rain. You know that I can’t stand the rain, right? Or I’d sneeze all night long.’ He spoke without being asked and chuckled softly. His new side’s showing, thanks to the meetings with his mother in law’s chatty friends.

But no, Jihyun didn’t laugh along. It’s as if he’s invisible to her.

 

 

‘Hey, where’re you going?’

Silence as she continued to walk along the rocky pathway leading away from home. Jihyun picked up her pace that Woohyun had to run to keep up with the lady.

 

‘Kang Jihyun…!’

She’s getting father.

 

‘Yah! Kang Jihyun!’

 

 

‘Jihyun-ah!’

That’s it. She had enough.

 

‘Stop following me!’ She shouted as soon as she stopped to her feet. Turning to face him who had also halted quite far from where she was, Jihyun stared at him with outermost anger. No one was around the lonely road. No parents, no people. Now’s the perfect time, the very right time to let out all the frustrations that she held since the day they stayed in her house.

‘You son of a ! Get lost! Get out of my sight! I freaking hate you! Having you as a husband is my worst mistake! I wish you’d leave me! Leave my house, my life! Just go and die!’ She yelled that wet tears went streaming down her soft cheeks. Well, did it make her feel better? She somehow doubted that.

It's pain instead.

 

Soon, lightning suddenly struck the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter