23. Wake Up Call

Love Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

[January 2012]

I took everything off. Everything that he gave me; the wedding ring, the golden bracelet, his clothes and took a long shower. Night came but still, there’s nothing that I could do rather than sitting here, hugging my knees before the balcony door, staring at the nothingness at the darkness of the sky above, being sad all by myself.

It sounded pathetic, right? I just let myself be because I knew that I really was a pathetic piece of crap right now.

 

Clad in my own clothes and my fourth finger now was occupied with the diamond ring Hyungsik Oppa gave me a night earlier, regret started to overwhelm me.

I should’ve gone with him that night. How stupid I was.

 

 

‘Woof.’

My little thoughts were shrugged away when I could hear a faint cry from beside me.

It’s Eric.

 

Again, it cried, putting his head low as if he’s trying to console me but no, I didn’t want to have anything to do with that bastard. And this dog, it came from him. A sudden anger suddenly rushed into my head when I stared at the pup beside me.

‘Go away!’

He didn’t move and still putting his head and ears low that somehow, I felt a little sorry for him. Eric had nothing to do with his master’s doings and here I was, ranting my anger at him.

‘Are you deaf?! Get out!’ I started to cry when I yelled to him because seeing Eric had also made me felt wretched.

 

I was helpless, hurt and sad. Being here had not been my wish since the beginning and even though I first thought I could adapt and live peacefully here, I always knew something was wrong.

Him, his attitude. His secretiveness, his sick emotions, everything about him wasn’t right.

I was only one who’s right.

My parents were wrong, he was wrong. This dog was wrong. Everything!

 

‘Yah! You stupid dog!’

 

 

‘Hey, he’s innocent. Stop yelling at him.’

 

 

 

***/***

 

‘Nam Woohyun, you don’t have the rights to fire him. He’s a great asset to our company.’

‘Do you call me just for that matter, Abeoji? I don’t care. I don’t want to see him near my sight.’ I answered with much confidence. I hated that jackass. There’s no reason for him to be in the company anymore.

‘But why? Son, you’ve changed. What’s gotten into you? What happened? Are you not feeling well again? Did you take your medications?’

Somehow his questions hurt me that I quickly cut the line and turned off the phone. I stopped taking pills for a long time ago and my father only asked about it now? That showed what kind of a caring father he was… He didn’t even care about my health but he did more to the company. He’s always like that, ever since I was a kid.

I knew I was already a grown man but could he at least show consideration to his only son?

Tsk, how sad.

 

 

‘Are you deaf?! Go away!’

I halted at the front door when I heard Jihyun’s voice. Did she know that I was here? Oddly, the door to my room was opened for a bit but when I entered the room, my heart broke again for the thousandth time today when I saw her, crying and yelling at the dog that I gave her a while before.

But before I could take a step to approach her, I stopped at a sight of our wedding ring and the gold bracelet that I gave her which was lying on the floor, right before my feet. Feeling quite irritated, I picked the presents that I gave her and put them into my pocket.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter