The Next Morning

Wake Me Up (2)

          The next morning when I woke up, I was cold and sore.  The window was wide open, curtains fluttering lightly by the breeze blowing through.  My muscles were kind of stiff, but then I heard Yu Kwon snoring softly, and I forgot all about any of that.  I tightened the blanket around me and watched him.  He was on his back, blanket at his waist, bare chest completely exposed to the cool spring air.  His nose twitched and he shook his head a little, eyes darting back and forth behind his eyelids.  It only lasted a second, before his chest heaved up and down with a sigh and he lay still again.  I bit my bottom lip to keep from bursting out laughing.  I didn’t want to wake him.  He looked so cute like that.

          Not worried like last night.  When we were talking, his eyes had grown dark and took on a faraway look.  He was really worried about how all of this would change him.  I couldn’t imagine him any other way.  If he starts getting a big ego, that’s what I’m here for, to knock him back down to size.  If he starts feeling like he isn’t good enough, I’m going to decorate my entire bedroom in Block b merchandise and that will help boost his ego.  Not to mention, between the four of us girls, we’ll probably help CD sales at least 25 percent.

          Also if he does start acting differently, and cheats on me, I’ll kill him and he won’t have to worry about any of the other stuff.

          I studied his sleeping profile.  No, I couldn’t imagine after all the things he said to me, that he’d cheat on me.

          “Once Block b gets more famous, he’ll be able to find someone better anyway.” 

          Ugh.  Stupid girl.  Stupid me.  That’s what I get for eavesdropping.

          Suddenly, eyes still closed, his arm stiffened at his side.  His fingers crept out a little, but even in this small bed, I was far enough away that he’d have to move his arm up farther to reach me.  He frowned a little when his hand came up empty at first.  Hand bounced over a little more, moving up higher until he hit my knee under the blanket.  A smile stretched across his face as his hand slid higher until it reached my waist.  In super human speed, he flipped onto his side and yanked me toward him by the hips.  His eyes sprung open.

          “Morning,” he said into my neck.  His skin was warm and felt good against mine.  “Is it still morning?”

          I giggled and slithered my arm up around his shoulder to look at my watch.  “It’s only eight.”

          “Ah, plenty of time,” he murmured, settling me against him.

          “It’s Sunday, do you have a schedule today?” I wondered.  He shook his head, tickling the side of my neck with the ends of his hair.  He began tracing shapeless patterns on my back.  Giggling again, I tried to move away from his fingers and ended up pressing myself against him.  He breathed a laugh into my hair and hitched my leg over his own.  He began kissing his way down the side of my face and over my neck.

          “Ready for round two, I see?” he said, in between kisses.

          I laughed and swatted at the hand that was trying to find the end of the blanket to slip under.  “Round two was sometime around 2am last night,” I reminded him.

          “Oh, right.  Then round three,” he corrected, dropping kisses across my collar bone.  He flipped me onto my back and propped himself up next to me on his elbow.  He raised his eyebrows at me.

          “Round three was just a little while ago,” I said.  He chuckled and bent his head down to kiss me.

          “Round whatever, no more talking,” he insisted between kisses.

         

          That next weekend, I hadn’t seen Yu Kwon all week, but thanks to our rendez vous at his dorm, I’d been dreaming about him a lot more lately.

          Which was fine with me since I couldn’t see him.

          It was late one night.  I was in bed reading when my phone rang.  I saw his name on my caller ID and I smiled.

          “Yu Kwon,” I said when I picked up.

          “Hey, Beki, I didn’t wake you, did I?” he asked.

          “No.  I was awake.  Are you just finishing your schedule now?” I asked worriedly.  He yawned.

          “No,” he lied.  I frowned.

          “It’s late.”

          “I know,” he said tiredly.  I heard shuffling.  “I’m going to bed soon.  I’m checking my email and stuff first.  And talking to my baby,” he added lightly.

          God, I missed him.

          “Sounds good to me.  How was your day?” I asked, tossing my book onto my night table and curling onto my side.

          “Fine.  We had a photo shoot!” he told me excitedly.  “I was all gangsta like Ji Ho for a few of the photos.”  I giggled.  “Hey, I can be gangsta if I try.”

          “I bet it was super y, too.”

          “Nah, Ji Ho is much better at it.  I’ll stick to cute.”

          “You do that really well.”

          He laughed.  “Hey, did you know fans write stories about us?” he asked suddenly.