Meeting Again

Wake Me Up (2)

          “I’m so excited!” Jordan squeaked as we hurried down toward the stage to find our seats.  “Quick, Beki, how long has it been since we’ve seen them?”

          “Fifteen days…” I glanced at my wrist watch and did some quick calculations.  “Ten hours.”

          “It’s been fifteen days and ten hours!” she repeated.  Amelia led the way through the row to our seats.  We plopped down.

          “Guys, don’t lie now,” Maddie began staring up at the empty stage.  “How many times did you watch their music video by yourselves alone at night?  I mean, I know we got together the day it was released and watching it a million times together at Jordan’s house, but how many times did you watch it alone?”

          Amelia giggled.  “I downloaded it and put it in its own playlist on repeat on my computer.”

          “Guilty,” I added.

          “I second that,” Maddie said.

          Jordan raised her hand.  “Third.”

          We cracked up.

          “Ok, while we’re telling the truth, Jo,” I eyed her suspiciously.  “How do you feel about Ji Ho’s new hair style?”  I pointed at her accusingly.  “Don’t lie!”

          “I love Ji Ho’s hair,” she answered defensively.  Lowering her eyes to her hands in her lap, she added under her breath, “It’s Zico’s hair that’s going to take some getting used to.”

          The other three of us tried not to laugh in her face.  Ji Ho was an attractive guy, just stating the obvious there, but it was a bit of a shock to see him go from a shaggy black haired high school boy to the shaved sides with the long puffy pony tail on the top of his head.  And oh yeah, now he’s got light brown hair.

          “Maybe it’ll look different in person,” Maddie suggested hopefully.

          Amelia nodded at her sympathetically, but we could see that she was trying desperately not to break out in giggles.

          “Shut up, you two,” Maddie grumbled.  “Just because your guys got to keep normal hair...”  She cleared and repeated, “Maybe it will look different live.”

          “The camera can add ten pounds and make you look paler than normal, but it cannot mess with your hair.  Kyung’s hair is shaved and uneven and that’s all there is to it,” I told her bluntly.

          She sighed.  “Whatever.  I’ll take him however I can get him.”

          “I’d like to second that one,” Jordan chirped.

          I’m pretty sure we all would.

          About a half later and the entire place was filled up and everything was ready to go.  The MCs spoke and another band performed first.  It was all fine and dandy and they did well, but we were here for a different reason.

          When Block b’s music started and the guys appeared on stage, we nearly went into convulsions with anticipation.

          “Ah!” Amelia squealed.  “They’re wearing their outfits from the music video!  I love it!”

          “Man, they’d look good in potato sacks and you know it,” I retorted.

          “Ooh, Jo Jo, your boy’s voice sounds y live,” Maddie giggled.

          “And his hair looks the same,” Amelia added, trying to contain her laughter.  Jordan shot her a look.  “Oh, Jae Hyo’s part!”

          We continued complimenting each other’s boyfriends on their dance moves or on their voices.

          “Hey, Min Hyuck is kind of rocking that flame red hair, right?  I didn’t think I liked it at first, but now, I kind of think it’s cool,” Amelia mentioned.  We had to nod in agreement.  At first glance the red was, well, red.  But now, looking at it, I had to admit, he did look good.

          “Yeah, totally,” Jordan agreed.  “I really…oh!  Oh, my God, Ji Ho’s moving his hips all y like.”  She tilted her head to the side a little to watch him dance.

          “You mean Zico,” Amelia mumbled, only to get elbowed by Jordan.

          “Check out Tae Il,” I said during Tae Il’s solo.  “He’s totally in his element up there like that.”

          “And Ji Hoon.  His voice sounds so good.  He’s a killer rapper,” Maddie stated.  No argument from the rest of us.

          After their performance finished, we stuck around for the two other bands’ stages.  Over all, it was a good concert.

          At the end of the whole thing, all of the bands came back on stage and the MCs were discussing something we weren’t really paying attention to.  We just wanted to see the guys again.  We didn’t know the next time we’d be able to see them in person like this again.  They were still so busy.

          We were bouncing and screaming like the crazy fan girls that we knew we were when two tall men in security uniforms for KBS stepped in front of our row.

          “Excuse us,” one man said to us in formal Korean.  “We are afraid that we need to ask you to leave.”

          “What?” Jordan said.  “Why do we have to leave?” she asked back in Korean.

          The men didn’t waiver.  “We are here to you out.”

          Amelia bowed deeply.  “There must be some mistake.  We have tickets.  Michael Adler reserved them for us,” she explained dropping Maddie’s father’s name.  It did no good.  The men were made of stone.

          “Please follow us,” he said, gesturing to the end of the row.

          “Screw that,” I muttered in English.

          Reluctantly, we made our way out of the row.  One security man stood in front of us and the other one stayed behind us.  Maddie gasped as we walked.

          “Beki!  What did you do?  You tried to smack someone around, didn’t you?  Before?  When you went to the bathroom?”

          “What?  Me?  I didn’t do anything!” I cried out.

          “Beki!” Jordan growled.  “Honest?  Swear on Yu Kwon!” she demanded.

          I glared at her.  “Guys, honest!  I didn’t do anything to anyone this time!”

          They looked at me apologetically, but still a little upset.  Who could blame them?  I was pissed myself. 

          Not to mention, I’d blame me too if I were one of them.

          “Guys, come on, there must be a logical explanation as to why we’re getting thrown out of here,” Amelia reasoned.

          “And that would be?” I pressed.

          “Hell if I know,” she muttered.

          The security guard led us out of the performance area and into the front of the building.  Fans were crowding around a different entrance in hopes of catching a glimpse of their favorite idols.

          “No fair,” I whined.  “Excuse me!  We didn’t do anything!  You can’t kick us out!  We want to see Block b!” I shouted in Korean to the security guard behind us who was forcing us past the other fans.  Now, how long would it be before we get to see the guys again?  This was beginning to royally.

          “Not helping your case,” Jordan reminded me.

          Sure, I yelled at him, but I used polite Korean!

          What the hell.  I didn’t do anything!  I glanced at my friends.  No way would they have done anything to get us red flagged by security.

          So why were we being thrown out?