Life is Good

Wake Me Up (2)

          The group came to a skidding halt when they recognized me.

          “You’re heading home.  Oh, my God.  We’re too late,” Jordan panted.  I just stared at her.  How long had they been running for?  Why were they all out of breath?

          “What did you do to her, Beki?” a guy in all black with dark sunglasses and a hood pulled low over his forehead asked me.  I giggled.

          “Yu Kwon?” I asked quietly, squinting at him.  “And which one are you?” I wondered, looking at the identically dressed boy next to him. 

          “It’s Min Hyuck,” Maddie answered in an irritated tone. 

          “Min Hyuck?” I repeated, loosing my fight not to laugh more.  “You two look like the unibomber.”

          Min Hyuck smirked and high fived Yu Kwon.  “I told you, simple disguises are better.”

          “Hey!  Focus!  Beki, you found her, didn’t you?  What happened?  We should get out of here,” Maddie hissed.

          I laughed again.  “What are you guys talking about?”

          “Eun Mi!” Amelia blurted out in a harsh whisper as people exited the subway came rushing past us.  We stepped closer to the wall to get out of the way.  “That’s why you’re here, right?  You went to her school?”

          “How did you guys know?” I asked, shocked.

          Yu Kwon sighed heavily.  “Come on, baby, we’ve all known each other long enough to know that the second you found out the girl in the photo was the girl from the soccer game that you’d hunt her down once you figured out who she was exactly.”

          “Were there many witnesses?” Amelia asked, still kind of whispering.

          I giggled again.  “We just talked,” I answered with a shrug.

          “Oh, God.  You threatened her life, didn’t you?” Jordan said, flatly.

          “No…” I began.  Maddie crossed her arms over her chest.  I looked up at Yu Kwon.  He didn’t believe me either.  “I threatened her face.”

          “What?” Yu Kwon demanded.

          “I told her if she ever messed with any of us girls or any member of Block b again, I’d break her face,” I explained, suddenly feeling a little embarrassed at my outrageous actions.

          Jordan laughed hysterically.  “Beki, you kill me.”

          “What are you guys doing here though?” I pressed, looking at my friends.

          “We’re here to help you, stop you, or hide you.  Depending on when we found you,” Maddie replied.  “We brought back up, too,” she added using her thumb to point at the boys.

          “I was the only one in the dorm with Yu Kwon when the girls showed up,” Min Hyuck told me with a sigh.  I stifled a chuckle.

         “It’s probably for the best though,” Amelia cut in.  “I mean, this doesn’t look too suspicious, but how would it look if there was a group of three girls and seven guys busting into a school?”

          “True…” I murmured.  I wanted to laugh as I pictured the scenario.

          “I told you not to start fights with people without telling me.  You shouldn’t do it alone.  I told you I’d help you if you needed it,” Yu Kwon reminded me, running a hand down my hair.

          “It’s a one for all, all for one sort of thing,” Amelia added.  Even timid, quiet, sweet little Amelia had been ready for a fight.

          I put a hand over my heart.  “Aw, guys, I’m touched, but really, I didn’t come here to fight her.  I really was just going to scare her.  Which is what I did, honest!  I didn’t lay a finger on her.”

          Jordan shoved my shoulder.  “Let’s get the hell out of here then.”

          My girl friends turned and began toward the turnstile to get back onto the subway.  Min Hyuck grinned at me and then hurried to join them.  I looked up at Yu Kwon, who was waiting for me.

          “Were you really going to fight with me if it turned out she had her boyfriend’s posse with her when I confronted her?” I asked him.  I linked my arm with his and began following where our friends had gone.

          “Of course!  I’d do anything for you,” he answered immediately.  “You nut,” he added in a mutter.  I pushed onto my toes and kissed him on the cheek.

          “Me too,” I replied.  He scoffed a laugh.

          “Yes, I know that.”

          “I love you,” I added, shyly.

          He smiled and, without looking at me, he pulled his arm away from mine and draped it over my shoulder, holding me close to his body as we walked.

          “I know that, too,” he sighed contently.  “I love you, too.  Believe me when I tell you, no matter how famous I get and no matter what being an idol does to me, I’ll always feel this way about you.  Ok?”

          He gestured for me to go through the turnstile first.  I scanned my metro pass and went through.  After he passed through, I stood in his way and wrapped my arms around his neck.  I sighed when I felt his arms enclose around my waist. 

          Before, things felt like a bad dream that I wanted to wake up from, but now, things felt good.  My friends.  My boyfriend.  My family.  Things were good.  Life is good.  If this was still a dream, I didn’t want to wake up from this one.  Now that it’s a good dream.

          “I believe you,” I told him.