Fiery Temper

Wake Me Up (2)

          He sat up, pushing the blanket off him.  Even though I was still a bit peeved at him, the genuine smile on his face made me ecstatic.

          You may keep your eyes, management company.

          He wasn’t getting off that easily though.  Snarling, I said, “Kim Yu Kwon.”

          His grin widened.  His eyes turning to slits.  I glared at him.

          “Beki, it was awesome!  They loved me!”

          Glare.

          “They didn’t have a single bad thing to say about my camera test!”

          Glare.

          “The CEO even talked about how much I improved from the last one.”

          Blink.  Glare.

          “He said he was impressed with me!  Can you believe it?!  Impressed!”  He pointed to himself, ecstatically.  “He was impressed!  By me!”

          Glare.

          His excitement dimmed slightly.  “Oh, come on, Beki.  Don’t be mad.  I was just playing.”  He cupped my cheek and kissed me lightly on the mouth.  Glare.  “I was just teasing you.”  Glare.  “It was supposed to be funny.”  Glare.  “Baby, I’m sorry.”  Blink.  Blink.  Glare.  “Stop doing that!”

          I smirked and pressing my hands to his chest, slammed him back against the wall next to my bed.

          “Look at my eyes!  I was ready to cry for you!  I was plotting the demise of an entire management company!” I scowled.

          “You’d do that for me?” he asked, covering my hands still on his chest with his own.  Then he smiled.  Gah.  That smile could get me to do anything.

          I inhaled deep and let it out.  I leaned against him, my cheek over his collarbone.  “I’m so happy for you,” I confessed quietly.  “You’re going to be amazing.”  Then just for good measure, I poked him hard in the ribs.  He yelped and tried to shift away from me.  “I’m not mad at you anymore now.”

          “Um, good then,” he said, rubbing his side a little.

          “I kicked the girls out,” I mentioned offhandedly, bringing my face up to meet his.  As much as I loved his smile, I was ready for him to do something else with his mouth.

          I kissed him lightly, letting him be the one to pull me closer and deepen the kiss.  I sighed contently when he kissed his way down my neck.  I almost screamed in rage and wanted to sink my teeth into his own neck when he stopped and my collarbone.  I could feel my mind clouding over.

          He knew just how to make me crazy.

          I pulled back from him and stretched back out.  Trying to be y, but probably failing miserably.  I looked up at him lazily.  “Aren’t you excited about being a member of…oh, what’s the name of the band?  Have they picked one out yet?”

          He grinned like a little kid and wriggled down to lie next to me.

          He held his arms out in front of us as if he could see it.  “Block b!”

          I made my smile freeze on my face.  “Block…b?”

          He frowned.  “Blockbuster.  Like the movies?  You know, a blockbuster is a kick movie?  Well, we are going to be a kick boy band.”  He looked so excited, I couldn’t help but laugh. 

          “Ok, that’s pretty cool, I’ll give you that one.”

          “Lame band, hm?” he added in a mutter.

          I flicked his arm.  “I thought they didn’t accept you!  Of course I was going to think they were lame,” I defended.

          He chuckled.  “But I got in, so who’s your favorite kpop band?”

          “Big Bang,” I answered automatically.  Then cringed.  “Wait, wait!  Ask me again.”  He pushed out his lower lip.  “I was just kidding!”  He was still pouting. 

          “Am I at least your favorite overall member?  Of any boy band?”

          “Oh, Yu Kwon, you know you’re my favorite everything!”  I turned to my side and kissed him on the cheek.  He appeared to be satisfied.  Grinning teasingly, I added, “When Block b becomes super famous, you could totally introduce me to TOP though, right?”

          His face fell and his lip jutted out again.

          “I’m just kidding!” I insisted, cracking up. He huffed at me and hoisted himself up onto his hands and knees, hovering over me.

          “You only like him because of his voice, right?” he asked, voice low and husky.  He kissed my forehead.

          That was kind of true.  “But I like your voice better.”

          “I have a better body, too, right?”  He dropped a feather light kiss to my left cheek.

          No arguments there.  “Absolutely.”

          “I’m a better dancer than him, aren’t I?”  He kissed my right cheek.

          “Totally.”

          He smirked and lowered his face at an excruciatingly slow pace until his mouth was just above mine.  My lips tingled anticipating him touching his to mine.  Before pulling back a millimeter making his mouth just out of my reach.

          I almost crumbled into dust.

          “TOP still your favorite boy band member?” he whispered.

          “Who’s TOP?” I retorted, pushing myself up to meet his lips.

         

          By next week, Block B was official.  All of the members were chosen.  As it turned out, the seven members were our seven guy friends from school.  There was an eighth member who was cut last minute.  The guys didn’t know who he was, they never met him, but I suppose it would work out for the best.  These seven guys had been friends for years and had a good dynamic.  Plus, as Kyung says, no new people.  He’s not one for change.

          Besides, seven is a good number for a boy band.  Eight is a bit much.  I’m a Super Junior fan and all, but 13 is not a boy band.  It’s a baseball team.

          The school was buzzing with gossip about how the boys would be training to become hot shot super stars.  All of a sudden, everyone was their best friend.  Granted, they were already hot shot soccer players at school which made them half-celebrities as it is in our little international school. 

          But this.  This was huge.

          Girls were all over them as soccer stars, but every female in school, from freshmen to seniors to – probably – some of the faculty, lost their minds and wanted a piece of at least one member of this new band in the making.  No one went too out of their way to get into their faces or anything, but there was enough whispering and gossiping to last a lifetime.

          I never did have a very good temper and the way girls were giggling around the guys, including Yu Kwon, I could just see myself getting expelled for kicking the crap out of some unsuspecting, bubble headed chick in school.

          One bad thing.  The guys had only a couple of weeks left to finish the school semester.  They would eventually have to take high school equivalency tests in order to graduate because they wouldn’t be coming to school anymore.

          Rookie Idol Boot Camp begins as soon as finals are over.

          Not going to lie, I was a little upset that I wouldn’t see my Yu Kwon at school or at lunch anymore, but it was for the best.  I was willing to it up and be the supportive friend slash girlfriend.

          “So tell us about the meeting you had with your manager,” Maddie, Kyung’s girlfriend, asked, leaning her elbows onto our table at the cafeteria one day at lunch. 

          She’d been on vacation with her family when all this boy band business went down.  As the only daughter of the US ambassador to Korea, she’s allowed to come and go on vacation or whatever other reason however her family pleases.  No school authority would ever dare say anything to her.

          I’d be willing to bet she would have rather been here to hear, first hand right away, from her boy about his camera test results, but I digress.  She’s a nice girl.  Sweet.  Good for Kyung.

          “It was pretty short.  Only a few minutes,” our friend, Tae Il, replied.  “But he gave us the basics of what was to come.  What he expected of us and all that.  Training schedule, that sort of thing.”  His face lit up and he dropped the chip he was about to eat.  “We got nicknames!”

          Jordan giggled.  “Nicknames?  What’s yours?” she asked, looking to Ji Ho.

          He smirked.  “I’m leader Zico,” he answered with mock arrogance.

          “How’d you become leader?” she wondered.  “You’re not the oldest.”

          “Aren’t you supposed to be excited to be the girlfriend of the leader?” he retorted, looking somewhat hurt.

          “That’s not what I meant,” she argued, patting him on the shoulder.

          “Tae Il is actually the oldest, but I don’t know how it happened.  Our manager just sat us down and gave us our roles.  Maybe because I had the most experience with lyric writing?” Ji Ho guessed.

          The guys shrugged and murmured their agreements.

          “Or that I’m the best looking,” he added, immediately putting his arm up to his face to block off the pieces of food his friends, band mates, threw at him.

          “Zico, hm,” Jordan murmured.  “Well, what about the rest of you?”

          “Oh!  I’m B-Bomb!” Min Hyuck revealed excitedly.  “You know?  Because I’m explosive!  Like a bomb.  I can dance popping, explosively.  Like a bomb.”  He grinned, nodding, looking to each of us.

          No one said anything.

          “You’re cute,” Amelia laughed.  He sighed and popped a French fry into his mouth, chewing bitterly.

          “They just kept our names,” Kyung said.  He pointed to himself, Yu Kwon, Jae Hyo, and Tae Il.

          “Ooh, but they changed the spelling of my name.  I am now Yu Kwon, U-K-W-O-N,” he informed us.  He looked to me with an extra wide smile.

          “Aren’t you guys disappointed you didn’t get nicknames?” I asked, trying not to laugh.

          “I was ok with us keeping our names,” Jae Hyo replied, snickering as he eyed Min Hyuck.  “Do you like your nickname, P.O?” he asked looking at Ji Hoon.

          “B.O?!” I cried out.

          Ji Hoon narrowed his eyes at me.  “P.O.  P like in Pyo.  You know, my last name?” he explained, tossing a chip at me.

          I giggled and dodged it.  “Sorry, I couldn’t resist.”

          “Ok, weird nicknames aside,” Maddie cut in.  Min Hyuck pouted.  “Oh, sorry.  I mean super awesome, amazingly y nicknames aside, this is probably going to change your lives forever.  This is the most exciting thing ever.  You guys are going to be huge.”

          No one said anything for a second.  Mulling over the thought of their lives changing for the better.

          Thankfully, to lighten the mood, Yu Kwon tossed a fry into the air and tried to catch it in his mouth.  It bounced off his chin.  Ji Hoon reached out to catch it, fumbled, and ended up squishing it into Yu Kwon’s shirt.

          Our conversation gradually moved over to the guys’ last soccer game this weekend.

          “I bet we’re going to have the biggest turnout of spectators, since it’s out last game,” Jae Hyo said.  “How exciting.”  Amelia elbowed him in the side.  “I mean not exciting.  Who cares who comes?  As long as you’re there, baby.”

          I rolled my eyes and laughed.  “Amelia, give the boy some room.  You know each one of these guys is psyched to see the mass of fan girls that will show up at this game.”

          The guys cheered their agreement, but Jordan scoffed loudly at me. “Look at you, Beki, talking like you wouldn’t be the first one to knock out a girl for looking at Yu Kwon the wrong way.  And they haven't even debuted yet!”

          We laughed, so did I.  She was kind of right.  So what if I was a little over protective of my extra y, slightly feminine boyfriend?  He’s protective of me should the need present itself.  And so what if I have a fiery temper?

          I didn’t know just how badly things would turn out at the game because of my fiery temper though.