Rendez-Vous

Wake Me Up (2)

          We decided that the guys would leave first and then us girls would take a cab a few minutes later.  Yu Kwon gave me the address to their dorm to tell the driver.  They left.  We waited in the dressing room.  We played about a hundred different hand games before we figured enough time had passed that we could go out and hail a cab.

          As the cab pulled up across the street from the tall white building with the glass entrance doors under the green awning, we saw the group of girls bouncing around out front.

          While I envisioned a mob of Korean girls with Block b members’ names tattooed to their foreheads, there were only a few girls in school uniforms out front, but it was enough to make my blood race.

          We hopped out of the cab and darted across the street only slowing to a walk when we approached the crowd of hyperactive fangirls squeaking about something too high pitched for my simple human hearing to pick up.

          “Let’s go around the side, over there by the 7-11.  We’ll go down that alley and around back,” Maddie said as we strolled casually down the sidewalk.

          I tagged along last because my feet suddenly started dragging when I caught one of those girls waiting outside the entrance say something about Block b.  I was hoping they were waiting for another artist, but no such luck.  I suppose that is a good thing though.  It means the boys have some serious fans already.  I’m happy.  I swear.  No, really, I am.  No, really.  I’m not jealous.  Or the least bit worried.  No.  Totally.

          I tried to make it look like I was just shuffling along when in reality, I was eavesdropping.  My friends were speeding ahead, still unaware that I had slowed down to almost a crawl.

          “…because Tae Il is definitely my favorite,” I heard one girl say.

          One of her friend’s giggled.  “Mine is Ukwon.  He’s so cute.”

          Yes, yes, he is.  He’s also mine, I thought as I kept my eyes on my feet, inching forward as my friends continued to speed ahead.

          “Oh, yeah!  Ukwon!  He’s so good looking,” a third girl squealed excitedly.  I swallowed a groan.  “You know, I heard he had a girlfriend before they became Block b.”

          Had?  Has, sweetheart.  I’m right here.

          “How do you know?” the first girl asked in return.

          “My sister’s best friend’s boyfriend knows someone who went to his international school,” the girl answered.  I rolled my eyes.  Legit source.

          “Oh really?  Is the girlfriend cute, do you know?” the one who favors Yu Kwon wondered, still dreamily eyeing the front doors.  In fact, none of the group of antsy girls standing there took their eyes off the front doors.  Not once.  Not a single star struck eyeball strayed from those doors.

          It was kind of creepy.

          The know-it-all girl shrugged.  “I don’t know.  Doesn’t matter though.  Once Block b gets more famous, he’ll be able to find someone better anyway,” she replied casually.

          Be able to find…what?

          “Beki!”  I looked up from my feet.  It was Jordan.  “Let’s go, come on!” she hissed, waving me over from the corner of the building.  She was hiding in the shadows.  I glanced at the girls and then took off toward Jordan.

          I smiled when Amelia asked me if I was ok.  I was ok.  I was fine.  What did those crazy fans know about Yu Kwon?  I was good enough for him. 

          At least I was when he was just plain Kim Yu Kwon.  Maybe she was right and Block b’s Ukwon would want someone better.

          We hurried around, into the darkness behind the building, and found the door.  It was propped open with a giant stone.

          In true, 007 form, the four of us snuck in and sprinted up the staircase that Min Hyuck told us would be there to the fifth floor.  Out of breath and slightly cramping up, all of us besides Jordan – who was a track super star so of course her stamina was better than the rest of us, we exited the stairwell onto the fifth floor and took the elevator up to the twelfth floor.

          The Block b dorms.