Take Me On a Date

Unfair Popularity

"Psst!" G.NA hissed. IU stopped walking with her friends and turned around, left to right. She was sure she heard someone whisper to her or something.

"Hey guys, I'm going to check things out. Is that alright with you?" IU asked, pointing to the direction where she heard the noise.

"Oh, sure!" Jiyeon said, nodding her head. Luna giggled.

"You're going to see G.NA unnie's boyfriend?" Luna asked, talking about Eunhyuk. IU reddened.

"N-No! I just heard someone whispering to me! What makes you think I want to see Eunhyuk oppa?" IU stuttered. Luna and Jiyeon rolled their eyes and giggled.

"We know you have a crush on Eunhyuk-ssi," Jiyeon teased.

"No, unnie, it's the other way around. Eunhyuk oppa likes IU!" Luna corrected. IU reddened even more. The conversation was growing intense.

"W-What are you talking about? This is all nonsense! Stop talking as if you know everthing! You know what my duty is as G.NA's assistant! I can't fall in love, and Eunhyuk follows the same rule," IU said, defending herself and Eunhyuk. Luna and Jiyeon giggled.

"Whatever!" they chorused, walking quickly towards their class. IU watched her two friends walk away. Once she found them gone, she headed towards the direction where she heard someone whisper to her. She eventually met G.NA, who was hiding behind the corner of the hall.

"Is he there?" G.NA whispered.

"Who?" IU asked, scrunching her eyebrows.

"You know… him," G.NA whispered again.

"By him, who's him?" IU asked, scratching her head cluelessly.

"Omigosh, IU! Brian!" G.NA cried. IU raised an eyebrow.

"Um… No? He's sick today. I guess he caught a cold yesterday when he was outside talking with Eunhyuk," IU said, shrugging her shoulders. G.NA breathed slowly, easing herself. She didn't feel comfortable thinking about or seeing Brian. G.NA cleared and walked to class calmly, brushing a strand of hair away from her face.

"Good. It wasn't as if I was nervous or anything. Don't worry about me. Let's go to class, hm?" G.NA said coolly, walking to class maturely. IU frowned and ran to catch up with G.NA.

G.NA unnie, you have to admit it, Brian-ssi isn't such a bad person," IU pointed out. G.NA stiffened.

"I… I don't want to hear his name," G.NA stammered, biting her lower lips. Her legs began to feel weak, as she felt her cheeks get red and hot. Oh no, not again! G.NA thought.

"Sure you don't. You just can't help it but to fall in love with him. Unnie, practically everyone knows that you really like Brian-ssi! Brian-ssi is too dense to believe in those rumors, and Eunhyuk oppa is technically your slave right now, so he can't do anything! I feel bad for Eunhyuk oppa and Brian-ssi. Eunhyuk oppa has to suffer being with you, even though I asked him too. I might've regretted on such a thin, but I can't change the past," IU said truthfully, meaning every word from her heart.

"Oh please! That's like saying the whole school knows that you and Eunhyuk are in love with each other but you won't admit it!" G.NA snapped, annoyed with the topic. IU was a bit taken back, biting her lower lips. She looked on the floor, her head hanging low.

"I'm… I'm sorry, G.NA-ssi," IU mumbled. IU only used "G.NA-ssi" whenever she felt that she had done or said something wrong. G.NA rolled her eyes and walked to class quickly. 

"Wait!" IU shouted. G.NA stopped her track and turned around.

"Mwoh?" G.NA asked rudely.

"G.NA-ssi," IU started, taking a deep breath, "I want you listen to your heart instead of your mind for once!" IU ran the other direction, thinking that she had angered her master. However, she didn't. G.NA was stunned. 'I want you to listen to your heart instead of your mind for once!'

What IU had said had continued to replay in G.NA's mind. What did she mean? What does that mean? What is she even talking about? What–

Before G.NA was able to finish, she bumped into Eunhyuk. The two almost fell, but Eunhyuk was able to balance himself and G.NA by pulling on G.NA's wrist. G.NA tightly closed her eyes, noticing that something was close to her face. She slwly opened her eyes and found herself leaning against Eunhyuk's chest. She blushed, and backed away. Eunhyuk looked away with a straight face, as G.NA cleared . Perfect, G.NA thought, This is the perfect time to ask Eunhyuk a favor.

"Um… Eunhyuk oppa!" G.NA said cutely. Eunhyuk stiffened. What does she want from me? Eunhyuk wondered, noticing that the tone of G.NA's voice changed.

"Y-Yeah?" Eunhyuk stuttered, scared of what G.NA had planned for him.

"Take me on a date," G.NA commanded.

"W-what?" Eunhyuk stuttered once again, blinking continously.

"Take me on a date. Right now, later, anywhere, whatever. I need to clear up my mind."