G.NA's Protest

Unfair Popularity

"I THOUGHT EUNHYUK WAS COMING AT BREAK!" G.NA shouted, slamming the table. IU jumped and bowed nervously as everyone stared at the angry queenka.

"M-Mian, G.NA unnie! It's just that… Eunhyuk couldn't do–"

"Do what?"

"H-H-He couldn't make it in time, unnie! Please forgive me! Just bare with Brian for one day, neh?" IU pleaded, begging on her knees. G.NA sighed as she flipped her hair angrily.

"Fine, I forgive you," G.NA snapped, "BUT MAKE SURE HE COMES BY LUNCH."

"Neh, unnie! Gomawoyo!" IU exclaimed, bowing. G.NA sighed and found Brian approaching her.

"Hey, I have a question," Brian said.

"What?" G.NA asked coldly.

"What is the kingka supposed to do?" Brian asked, ignoring G.NA's coldness.

"There is no kingka at this school. I rule all," G.NA smirked proudly.

"Really? 'Cause IU told me that I was the kingka, the new student here, and the best singer," Brian said, scratching his head.

"HA! Of course, IU 's facts are always correct– W-wait, you're the kingka!? IU, how could you not tell me this?" G.NA asked, scoffing at IU. IU bowed once more.

"W-Well, from the look of it, it seems like you don't like Brian-ssi very much," IU mumbled.

"OF COURSE I DON'T LIKE BRIAN! HE'S SERIOUSLY ANNOYING!" G.NA shouted, glaring at Brian. "HOW COULD HE BE THE KINGKA?!?!"

"W-W-Well, according to my research, girls love him because he's cute, handsome and a talented singer. Boys envy Brian because he gained so many attention," IU murmured.

"B-But that's so unfair! I had to work my way to popularity! There is no way I'm going to let Brian get popular," G.NA said.

"It's totally fair! The fans voted me as being the kingka! What's your problem?" Brian asked, frowning.

"The problem is you just sang! You didn't do anything but just sing on stage! And you're so popular! This is ridiculous!" G.NA exclaimed, her heart aching. I worked so hard to earn this fame, G.NA thought, And it's all going to be waisted because of Brian? There is no way I'm going to let such a thing happen. G.NA stormed off to her class, as Brian watched her go.

"Sorry about G.NA. She… Well, let's just say she had a really hard past," IU faked-laugh.

"What do you mean about that?" Brian asked. IU shook her head. Brian scrunched his eyebrows.

"You better tell me. I'm the kingka, anyways," Brian smirked. IU froze and sighed. She had no choice except to obey the Kingka.

FlashBack (IU's P.O.V.)

It was a long ago, Brian. It before you came here. I think it was two years ago? I'm not sure, but the flashback is such a blur! It began with the 9 top queenkas called SNSD entering the lunch room. Back then, G.NA wore glasses and was extremely unpopular. When she watched the 9 SNSD girls, she respected them in every way. I, too, respected the girls. But there was only wish that G.NA wanted to be: Popular.

She'd take that wish all around her, caressing the wish everyday. She would read books about how to gain popularity, and often wanted to go to the mall the change her styles. After the SNSD girls left to college, the school needed a new queenka. Usually, the old queenka would chose the next queenka, but SNSD didn't want to change the queenka. They wanted a 'fair' school with students showing respect equally to everyone. Well, after they left, that turned out to be a total failed. Every girl argued about who the queenka would be and the boys argued about the kingka.

That's when G.NA took a stand. She even personally asked me to help her. It took years for her to master every skill she needed to become the perfect girl. Soon, after those years had past, she was ready. She went up on stage like you did, Brian, and she sang and danced and showed all her perfect skills. Boys awed at her while girls admired her. They decided that G.NA should be the queenka. Yet, there was still arguments for the kingka. That's when G.NA quoted at stage, "The school is our kingka because it rules all of us and me." Nobody respected the school, anyways.

So going on, I was her assistant. I was in charge of getting the latest gossip, helping G.NA do her homework, and all those assistant-ish stuff. Suddenly, the happy, hard working G.NA changed into a lazy, beautiful and selfish girl. She wanted to brag about her popularity, and others still admired her. She became very cold lately, so I have to make sure everything is perfect. If something's not right, she blames me for everything. 

Flashback Ends (End of IU's P.O.V.)

"So you see, she worked very hard to earn her popularity for somewhere around 2 years while you just earned your popularity for a year," IU explained, smiling.

"Oh, I see," Brian mumbled, looking down, "I'm sorry I ruined your lives--"

"Nonsense! Everyone is happy! Well, except for G.NA unnie. But besides her, you're perfect! Just be yourself, and everyone will love you. I got to go, anyways. G.NA isn't going to feel any better with the news of you being popular and all. Bye! AND DON'T EAT LUNCH! YOUR ASSISTANT HAS PACKED YOUR LUNCH ALREADY!" IU reminded, dashing off to find G.NA. Brian just nodded awkwardly as he tried to find his class.